Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

18 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Can't find anything over here in Italy about it, I'll have another look tomorrow. He's a very good player though but if we've got Buendia to play right sided and we have Troare not sure abotu it to be honest. 

How many wingers do we need?

4 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Fernandinho? If we're willing to break the wage structure and throw money at him to help us get higher up the table 

How is Fernandinho a Carew type in the final 3rd?

Anyway, the club philosophy is quite clear. We are not signing a 36 year old that played about 1000 minutes last season

1 minute ago, TRO said:

How many wingers do we need?

If we were after one I'd say he should be left sided anyway, Berardi is a classic right winger. He can cut in and use his left foot but he's a right winger. With Buendia and Troare we have the right side more than nicely covered I'd say.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Can't find anything over here in Italy about it, I'll have another look tomorrow. He's a very good player though but if we've got Buendia to play right sided and we have Troare not sure abotu it to be honest. 

But faceless agent villa said so though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

How is Fernandinho a Carew type in the final 3rd?

Anyway, the club philosophy is quite clear. We are not signing a 36 year old that played about 1000 minutes last season

Missed the part about final third and was trying to think of a recent champions League finalist that we would have any chance of signing. If it has to be someone in the final third then I'm drawing a blank but will keep thinking. Can you think of anyone?

Just now, skarroki said:

Missed the part about final third and was trying to think of a recent champions League finalist that we would have any chance of signing. If it has to be someone in the final third then I'm drawing a blank but will keep thinking. Can you think of anyone?

I don't think we'll sign someone like Carew as not going 2 up top and not getting players over certain age

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't think we'll sign someone like Carew as not going 2 up top and not getting players over certain age

The question was more general surely? I don't think he's asking who is a 27 year old tall striker who's played in Spain, Italy, France and a champo league final that we could get and is better than Watkins. Anywhere across the front line or attacking midfield would be classed as final 3rd wouldn't it?

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would still love us to get in a Carew type for the final third.

When we signed him in Jan 2007 he was 27 and had already started a CL final and started for top clubs in Spain, Italy and France.

Sort of signing you knew would instantly improve us and he did and we moved from bottom half to top 6 three years running.

Any gettable similar type in europe currently?

erling haaland.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Would still love us to get in a Carew type for the final third.

When we signed him in Jan 2007 he was 27 and had already started a CL final and started for top clubs in Spain, Italy and France.

Sort of signing you knew would instantly improve us and he did and we moved from bottom half to top 6 three years running.

Any gettable similar type in europe currently?

It’s Kane.

He’s 27 and has played in a Champs League final.  Admits to loving playing with Grealish.  Lets drop a £120m bid in and see what happens. 🥳🥳🥳

Edited by Villaphil
Inability to spell
  • Like 2

I think Lukas Nmecha would be a very good addition to our squad. 1 year left on his contract, Man City want to sell. Just got the top scorer award in the u21 euros scoring the winning goal in the final .
Got potential and could easily be a 50+ mil striker with a bit of hardwork and patience 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Phillips was their Grealish and not for sale. Nakamba cost less than a 3rd what Leeds wanted. Also as I've posted often recently Nakamba does good job when called upon. 

We had a bid accepted and Phillips was ready to join. But in the end Leeds decided against it. Personally I think he is crap and we saved 20 mil and got a player who I think is better in Luiz. 

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We had a bid accepted and Phillips was ready to join. But in the end Leeds decided against it. Personally I think he is crap and we saved 20 mil and got a player who I think is better in Luiz. 

I do think he's a bit overhyped and I looked up Leeds results without him in Championship and don't think results suffered. 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

That implies they would start. We're not replacing Watkins as striker and not playing 2 forwards. 

Maybe not now but if we ever want to win something or play in CL in next 5 years we'll need more than 1 good striker in the squad. And a world class wide player in addition to Jack.

That's the challenge.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Maybe not now but if we ever want to win something or play in CL in next 5 years we'll need more than 1 good striker in the squad. And a world class wide player in addition to Jack.

That's the challenge.

I really liked Carew a lot, hell he scored hat trick vs Newcastle in my first visit to VP ( first league hat trick at VP by Villa player since Milosevic vs Coventry) but he wasn't prolific and league positions had lot to do with Barry Milner Laursen Young etc

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

Luiz

Sanson

McGinn

Ward-Prowse 

Nakamba

Rotate these guys in and out to keep fresh legs. Still maybe a bit lightweight however. 

Add in Bissouma and now you are talking!!

Starting in a 4-3-3:

------------------ Bissouma -------------------

------------------------------- JWP --------------

------------ SJM ---------------------------------

Emi -------------------------------------- Jack

--------------------- Ollie ------------------------

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I really liked Carew a lot, hell he scored hat trick vs Newcastle in my first visit to VP ( first league hat trick at VP by Villa player since Milosevic vs Coventry) but he wasn't prolific and league positions had lot to do with Barry Milner Laursen Young etc

09/10 was his one poor season for us (MON lost confidence in him after refusing to play in Moscow allegedly and his back injuries) but even in that season he scored 10 league goals in 33 prem games (and many of those were sub cameos at that stage). Also scored v Vienna and a fair few goals in the FA cup run.

2008/09 was 11 in 27 and 07/08 was 13 in 32 games.

Gabby also hit double figures in those seasons so would be good again to have two forwards capable of double figures which we're miles off currently when you see who the two current back ups are.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Gabby also hit double figures in those seasons so would be good again to have two forwards capable of double figures which we're miles off currently when you see who the two current back ups are

MON/Robertson played Forest funnel with 2 up top. Barely any team in PL plays 2 forwards up top now and Smith has never favoured it in his career. Watkins cover signing is fine if Wesley isn't up to scratch after injury but that won't mean changing formation