Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Exactly the player we need, been watching him for months and would be a top target for me. You are right he wouldn’t be cheap but they’ve huge debts and I think we could get him.

His tactical nous and awareness are something we lack collectively. In addition to his other attributes impressive player. That Anguissa at Fulham is a similar type of player though I don't think tactically he's as good as bissouma.

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

His tactical nous and awareness are something we lack collectively. In addition to his other attributes impressive player. That Anguissa at Fulham is a similar type of player though I don't think tactically he's as good as bissouma.

Agree on all points

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

They have collective bargaining deals in US sports which is not possible in European football

Thanks.  

I think what it shows though that the idea of moving a player without the need for his consent can be done.  Yes we aren’t anything like the bargaining deals in US sports and it won’t happen in European football but there must be avenues where contracts if pre agreed can lead to a player being moved to another club in the future.

A starting base I’m thinking of might be like this case (certainly not saying this in Luiz contract).  That Luiz also agreed when he moved from Man City to Villa, that if Man City exercised their clause within the first two years then Luiz had pre-agreed to move back to Man City.  Two years on and if Luiz wanted to stay will Villa he couldn’t because he agreed to that clause two years before (probably including all personal terms so he couldn’t wiggle out of it).  Not saying this happened but who knows!  Also gets around the human rights idea of not having a choice.

36 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Fulham go down, we should be all over Lookman. Looks a superb player. 

He'd suit our system so well as well.

With Bissouma as mentioned in this thread he'd be top of my list if our scouts can't unearth anything better value.

If Dean wants to keep playing 4231 then we will definitely need to purchase an AMC in the summer which is quite exciting. A few thoughts on some options below:

Top level talent:

Julian Brandt - Can play through the midfield or out wide. Only 24. Wages aren't huge. Style of play I think would fit in really well as he is a good dribbler, works hard and can play through balls. Doesnt score too many though.

Dele Alli - Very talented player. Good in the box. Would link up well with Jack and Ollie. Played best at Spurs as a second striker. Used to playing pressing football. However hasn't been at the races for a couple of seasons and question marks over his general attitude. Could be a good option though. 

Julian Draxler - PSG attacking midfielder who has good pedigree and lots of ability. On big wages but would fancy a move to the prem to get first team football

Premier League ready:

Ross Barkley - on loan at us currently. Lots of ability and links well with Jack. Big question marks over fitness and work ethic. A good option at the right price

Jesse Lingard - did us over the other week with a very good game. Could be a good signing at the right price. Question marks over his attitude and work ethic also

Eberechi Ebe - looks a very talented player and is having a good debut season in the prem. Would slot in well in the number 10 position. Palace unlikely to want to sell though unless they go down

Emile Smith Rowe - one of Arsenal's brightest prospects. Unlikely to sell him to us unless maybe we get into Europe and they dont, or if say they change manager and he cant get into Arsenals team because new manager doesnt like him

Young prospects:

Michael Olise - very talented youngster having a good season at Reading. A lot of clubs interested in him. One we might regret missing out on like Eze. 

Charles de Ketalaere - talented young Belgian who can play a number of positions. Seems to suit a number 10 type, and can also play out on the left. Hard worker, tall and physical as well as great ball skills. Could be another top player to come out of Belgium

Martin Odegaard - currently on loan at Arsenal. Doesnt seem to fit in at Madrid. Very talented youngster 

Best of the Championship:

Harry Wilson - a lot of ability but a bit lightweight. Great set piece taker which we need. Nice striker of a ball from outside the box. Wouldn't cost a lot in the summer

Emi Buendia - seems to play more on the right but could play a number 10 position. Great through balls and hard worker. Likely to cost a lot unless Norwich dont go up

David Brooks - again more suited to the right but can play through the middle. Played well in the prem previously. Bournemouth likely to want a lot of money

Todd Cantwell - seems to be more suited out wide then through the middle, but a nice ball carrier and a stylish player. Likely to cost a lot unless Norwich go up

Personally my top 3 targets would be Brandt, Olise or Charles de ketalaere. Although I probably would be satisfied with Barkley if the price is right with Ramsey as his backup 

• Like 1

Starting to think we missed a trick on going in for Jesse Lingard; he's absolutely run the game again tonight.

He's everything Barkley currently isn't; high intensity, constantly moving, carrying the ball, tracking back to help out.

I would imagine if he leaves United he'll now head to West Ham; but I would like to see us in for him at the least.

10 hours ago, alexvilla4 said:

If Dean wants to keep playing 4231 then we will definitely need to purchase an AMC in the summer which is quite exciting. A few thoughts on some options below:

Top level talent:

Julian Brandt - Can play through the midfield or out wide. Only 24. Wages aren't huge. Style of play I think would fit in really well as he is a good dribbler, works hard and can play through balls. Doesnt score too many though.

Dele Alli - Very talented player. Good in the box. Would link up well with Jack and Ollie. Played best at Spurs as a second striker. Used to playing pressing football. However hasn't been at the races for a couple of seasons and question marks over his general attitude. Could be a good option though. 

Julian Draxler - PSG attacking midfielder who has good pedigree and lots of ability. On big wages but would fancy a move to the prem to get first team football

Premier League ready:

Ross Barkley - on loan at us currently. Lots of ability and links well with Jack. Big question marks over fitness and work ethic. A good option at the right price

Jesse Lingard - did us over the other week with a very good game. Could be a good signing at the right price. Question marks over his attitude and work ethic also

Eberechi Ebe - looks a very talented player and is having a good debut season in the prem. Would slot in well in the number 10 position. Palace unlikely to want to sell though unless they go down

Emile Smith Rowe - one of Arsenal's brightest prospects. Unlikely to sell him to us unless maybe we get into Europe and they dont, or if say they change manager and he cant get into Arsenals team because new manager doesnt like him

Young prospects:

Michael Olise - very talented youngster having a good season at Reading. A lot of clubs interested in him. One we might regret missing out on like Eze. 

Charles de Ketalaere - talented young Belgian who can play a number of positions. Seems to suit a number 10 type, and can also play out on the left. Hard worker, tall and physical as well as great ball skills. Could be another top player to come out of Belgium

Martin Odegaard - currently on loan at Arsenal. Doesnt seem to fit in at Madrid. Very talented youngster 

Harry Wilson - a lot of ability but a bit lightweight. Great set piece taker which we need. Nice striker of a ball from outside the box. Wouldn't cost a lot in the summer

Emi Buendia - seems to play more on the right but could play a number 10 position. Great through balls and hard worker. Likely to cost a lot unless Norwich dont go up

David Brooks - again more suited to the right but can play through the middle. Played well in the prem previously. Bournemouth likely to want a lot of money

Todd Cantwell - seems to be more suited out wide then through the middle, but a nice ball carrier and a stylish player. Likely to cost a lot unless Norwich go up

Personally my top 3 targets would be Brandt, Olise or Charles de ketalaere. Although I probably would be satisfied with Barkley if the price is right with Ramsey as his backup 

Brandt - Yes
Deli Ali - Yes
Draxler - No
Barkley - I might self harming if we sign him.
Lingard - No
Ezi - Yes

Smith Rowe - Yes

Olise - Yes
de Ketalaere - Never heard of him

Odengaard - Yes

Wilson - No
Buendia - Yes

Brooks - Yes

Cantwell - No

So out of those in the yes pile.....

Deli Ali, will be on enormous wages and probably get better offers
Ezi, will take an amount of money so large you could buy a more established player for the same money elsewhere.
Smith - Rowe, Arsenal will never sell him

Odengaard, Will Real sell him? Do Arsenal have a buy option?
Brooks, will likely cost a bomb for his level of talent and injury history.

Which leaves you with the best options in my opinion, Brandt, Olise, Buendia and Odengaard if available.

10 hours ago, alexvilla4 said:

Top level talent:

Premier League ready:

Young prospects:

Good list, but would add Rodrigo De Paul. On the move this summer, nearly joined Leeds summer last, and might be tempted to link up with Argentina’s No.1 keeper in waiting. 

Could give us what we thought we’d be getting from Barkley with strong, progressive ball carries, very creative and a bit like Jack the way he takes players on, protects the ball and draws fouls. 

Allegedly cost £30 mill, so no more than the numbers being touted to make Barkley a perm deal.  

———————Ollie—————

Jack ———De Paul———Traore/??

————Luiz———Sanson

Tidy, and an ever stronger bench. 

19 hours ago, alexvilla4 said:

Top level talent:

that shows part of the issue, obviously good players but theres something wrong with all of them, draxler in particular, someone in the PL is getting stung with him in the summer, there's every danger that he'll do the same as max meyer did at palace

we need 2 and id be happy if olise was 1 of them

if you're going young and belgian then throw aster vranckx in there but i think he's too young for us to meet his price tag, leeds were linked with thiago almada last summer he's another but he'd need time to settle, will be interesting to see where riqui puig lands this summer too, they had said he could leave and now they're bringing moriba through (louie barry's mate 👀 ) but i can see him going to the likes of the milan clubs or be arsenal's annual big name signing that wont fix any of their problems

11 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Must admit I think Rodrigo De Paul is a better option if Barkley continues his poor form.

Lingard is certainly interesting, funny how most didn't want him here and then look what he did to us 😁  funny how little we really know.

Barkley has been shite.

De Paul would be a much better option and massive no to Lingard, just because he played well against us doesn't erase his career to date.

• Like 1

On 15/02/2021 at 12:17, hippo said:

Netto - wolves only 20 ...

Looks a decent prospect although Wolves paid quite a bit of money for him, 16m I think. 5 goals, 4 assists this season so far. 

Edited by birdman

On 14/02/2021 at 19:42, Delphinho123 said:

If Fulham go down, we should be all over Lookman. Looks a superb player. 

I agree, I've been banging the drum about signing him for nearly two seasons.

I always thought he was very good early on at Everton, He now looks like he's proved a few doubters wrong and he has what it takes to succeed in this league.

Contracted at RB Leipzig until 2024, but I think if we offered £20m (£16m they paid Everton) for him there is a chance we could land a decent player for a decent fee.

• Like 1