Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Charles De Ketelaere and  Yari Verschaeren are two fine young AM prospects who also offer versatility. 

Christoph Baumgartner Is another one who IMO is a realistic target and better option imo than Barkley. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, birdman said:

Looks a decent prospect although Wolves paid quite a bit of money for him, 16m I think. 5 goals, 4 assists this season so far. 

From what I remember it was 17m but not just for him, for Bruno Jordao as well. One has been more successful than the other!

I like Neto, but I can't see Wolves parting with him, especially to a direct rival, for anything other than silly money.

Edited by Teale's 'tache
typo in my typo

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

that shows part of the issue, obviously good players but theres something wrong with all of them, draxler in particular, someone in the PL is getting stung with him in the summer, there's every danger that he'll do the same as max meyer did at palace

we need 2 and id be happy if olise was 1 of them

if you're going young and belgian then throw aster vranckx in there but i think he's too young for us to meet his price tag, leeds were linked with thiago almada last summer he's another but he'd need time to settle, will be interesting to see where riqui puig lands this summer too, they had said he could leave and now they're bringing moriba through (louie barry's mate 👀 ) but i can see him going to the likes of the milan clubs or be arsenal's annual big name signing that wont fix any of their problems

You never know, Draxler could end up being like James Rodriguez, who I thought would be a waste of money for Everton.  It's always a bit of a gamble when signing big names that might be on the way down but can be master strokes.  Personally I'd prefer going for Dele Alli, I just think he would prefer the environment under Dean rather than Jose, he seems in better condition than Barkley plus still only 24.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If Liverpool fail to finish in the top 4 this season, and we somehow manage too...?  I would love to see us make a bid for Andy Robertson.

We could also sign Allison to back up Martinez

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Must admit I think Rodrigo De Paul is a better option if Barkley continues his poor form.

Lingard is certainly interesting, funny how most didn't want him here and then look what he did to us 😁  funny how little we really know.

De Paul and Grealish would mean we would need another ball on the pitch 😂

11 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If Liverpool fail to finish in the top 4 this season, and we somehow manage too...?  I would love to see us make a bid for Andy Robertson.

My last memory of Robertson was getting absolutely bodied and put on his arse by Trez before cross that Watkins smashed into the crossbar instead of making it 8-2

On reflection though it would be good to have both the best left and right back to come from Hull City in long memory

Edited by Kiwivillan

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Patrick Van arnholt on a free end of the season apparently. Didn't realise he was already 30 but he's improved a decent amount last few years and got attacking LB.

Rather go for Tyrick Mitchell who's also on a free after the season from Palace. Younger, lower wages, higher potential (hopefully) and more in line with the strategy we seem to have.

Not seen a huge number of game with him tbh but was fairly impressed at the beginning of the season when I watched him considering his age.

• Like 1