Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

some interesting free agents in the summer:

Calhanoglu (AM) - Milan, Thauvin (RW) - Marseille, Otavio (AM) - Porto, Draxler (AM) - PSG, Bernat (LB) - PSG, Bertrand (LB) - S'Hampton, Hysaj (RB) - Napoli, Saiss (CB) - Wolves, Amavi (LB) - Marseille, Lundstram (MC) - Sheff Utd.

12 minutes ago, Nicho said:

John Lundstram on a free would be good business for me

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If he's being let go by **** Sheffield United, he probably isn't good enough for us

he isnt being let go, he's just not signing a new contract.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

We need a set piece taker in the summer, might be a bit unrealistic but Calhanoglu is available on a free and would be better pay a player like him a big contract than pay the Barkley fee and wages 

He'll do.

Image result for calhanoglu free kick gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I actually think free agents is less interesting than what youths we could potentially promote to the first team.

We have a pretty good first team bar. And while you can argue we can find better players for Barkley's position, it's probably the depth we need to increase the quality of. As we can't realistically keep two quality players in each position happy, it's reasonable to think some positions should be covered by younger talented players breaking through, who may accept less game time than seasoned professionals. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

2 hours ago, Nicho said:

John Lundstram on a free would be good business for me

Don't see the need. As back up we currently have Sanson, Ramsey, Nakamba and Hourihane.

Obviously Connor going to get sold and we'll see way more of Sanson and Ramsey next year so think it would be just stockpiling for sake of it and on a free Lundstram will be asking for way more than he's actually worth given it would be last big contract of his career.

Think it's similar to Jeff hendrick. Probably a few on here would've taken him on a free last summer but he's been nothing but bang average for Newcastle and nearly cost them the game at the weekend when he needlessly got sent off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Don't see the need. As back up we currently have Sanson, Ramsey, Nakamba and Hourihane.

Obviously Connor going to get sold and we'll see way more of Sanson and Ramsey next year so think it would be just stockpiling for sake of it and on a free Lundstram will be asking for way more than he's actually worth given it would be last big contract of his career.

Think it's similar to Jeff hendrick. Probably a few on here would've taken him on a free last summer but he's been nothing but bang average for Newcastle and nearly cost them the game at the weekend when he needlessly got sent off.

I'm better and more mobile than him. An awful excuse of a footballer. 

4 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

He'll do.

Image result for calhanoglu free kick gif

Very good but not as good as that keeper that scored from his goal kick other week, that one was a stinger and half.

• Like 1

Players will go in the summer, what's important is we find suitable players to replace them, I reckon around five or six will leave.

There will be some deals and half to get in summer especially if this covid is still around destroying foreign football clubs and tv deals going bust, lange will work magic.

23 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Oddly, I think the opportunity to strengthen the squad is boosted by our ability to move on fringe players this summer. If Hourihane keeps his form up and Swansea get promoted we could receive £8-10mil there.

It’s been a long while since we’ve had squad players with transfer value.

El Ghazi is another with a big question mark I think. Purple patch of form over xmas that put his value back up but not in first 11 when everyone is fit so I'd cash in with two years left on his deal.

Not sure we'd get 8-10m for Conor but El Ghazi is younger and has reasonable european pedigree so can see someone paying that for him.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If he's being let go by **** Sheffield United, he probably isn't good enough for us

I want to agree with this but we let Albrighton go when we were constantly finishing right above the  relegation places. 

2 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Oddly, I think the opportunity to strengthen the squad is boosted by our ability to move on fringe players this summer. If Hourihane keeps his form up and Swansea get promoted we could receive £8-10mil there.

It’s been a long while since we’ve had squad players with transfer value.

Can’t see anyone paying that kind of money for Hourihane even though I’ve always rated him. 5m tops depending on length of contract left.