Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

posted similar in the watkins thread and i agree.

problem is smith just doesn't like mcginn venturing too far forward, even though he proves for scotland (albeit vs shite teams) that it's his best role

Mcginn is not nearly creative enough, although our back 4 would be more protected. 

13 minutes ago, John said:

I'm happy with a transfer business so far, but not if it has finished.

Ings was a superb signing and I have always rated Buendia. Young can also do a job for us and he offers us the "been there done it" that we previously had with JT.  Bailey is a significant addition too, but we still need another midfield player, having lost one. We made bids for ESR & JWP, so the club clearly know we need someone there. The right player can be signed in this window, with the cash that we were willing to spend on those two, so let's get it done! 

I would never have signed Ings, I would have went with a bigger, pressing forward.

I'm not happy, I can't believe we haven't sold El Ghazi and we desperately need a DCM at least in central midfield.

15 minutes ago, John said:

Ings was a superb signing and I have always rated Buendia. Young can also do a job for us and he offers us the "been there done it" that we previously had with JT.  Bailey is a significant addition too, but we still need another midfield player, having lost one. We made bids for ESR & JWP, so the club clearly know we need someone there. The right player can be signed in this window, with the cash that we were willing to spend on those two, so let's get it done! 

Sincerely hope we go for Bailey and Buendia out wide.

• Like 1

I've been thinking about potential midfield signings and I thought I would share this one, it amused me and we all need a cause to grin at the moment. I wonder whether we might have a little think about making a cheeky bid for Jude Bellingham? I know I have. ;)

It's not going to happen I know, he's a rabid Nose after all, but we could offer to double what Dortmund paid for him, before some club trebles or quadruples it. I'm sure they would turn our bid down and tell us that he's not for sale, but what's new about that for us during this window? I would just love to see how long his shirt number remained retired at Small Heath, if he did slip on a nice claret & blue one....:crylaugh:

1 hour ago, sne said:

Will be extremely attacking and vulnerable, but should also create a lot of chances and goals. Will absolutely be opportunities where I see this as a interesting formation but over a 90 min game I think we would struggle.

But we've still to see how our new signings and Sanson perform for us, hopefully they will surprise us or rather live up to the expectations as I think we've signed some really good players. Think we'll have a very patchy start thou which is IMO understandable.

4 - 2 - 4 would only be realistic with 2 outstanding midfielders IMO

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

4 - 2 - 4 would only be realistic with 2 outstanding midfielders IMO

I can see us doing it if we are chasing a goal late in games. Starting with it would be a bad idea IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

I can see us doing it if we are chasing a goal late in games. Starting with it would be a bad idea IMO.

Well we certainly have the firepower, when everyone is fit.

Just wait till super Trez is fit as well, to coke on and confuse the shit out of them.

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I would never have signed Ings, I would have went with a bigger, pressing forward.

I'm not happy, I can't believe we haven't sold El Ghazi and we desperately need a DCM at least in central midfield.

Has anyone made us an offer for him, which would give us the choice to make? I agree with the rest of that line. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well we certainly have the firepower, when everyone is fit.

Just wait till super Trez is fit as well, to coke on and confuse the shit out of them.

Top 30 Elliot Blitzer GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, John said:

If the right player cannot be signed we should be looking at a loan or other alternative to bridge the gap. 

I think we lack a bit of experience and leadership, especially with JT having moved on. 

I'd see the value in bringing in Thomas Delaney. He's available, not very expensive and in addition to being a very good DM he would bring a level of experience and leadership that would have to be positive. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

They don’t count because reasons. 

Okay?! 

Is the reason that we’ll never play the bastards?

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1