Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

53 minutes ago, WHY said:

You posted a tweet from Ian Taylor that said we “were a pawn in the game”  he then replied to someone with “we were” when asked if it was us or JWP who had been used. You are right though I have no evidence to suggest this is true. Hence why I put “it seems”. To be fair it’s not hard to read between the lines though.

People will see what they want to see, too many on here purely see negatives and litter threads with that negativity.

• Like 2

Technically speaking we've only really used the Grealish money. 

We're short of a defensive midfielder and another box to box midfielder in order to improve on last season. Possibly also a natural left winger to replace Grealish. 

So we're realistically looking at another 70-80 million here. And that's money I could only imagine we would have spent anyway had we not sold Grealish. So I'm not sure what is stopping them. 

Once again. We're negative in net 

Going into the season with Nakamba as a starting central defensive midfielder is really poor on behalf of the club really. 

I mean, he wasn’t a PL level player when we signed him and he still isn’t. It’s disappointing players like him and El Ghazi are still getting game time. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I hope we sign Anguissa, he's an upgrade on Nakamba and that's the gap in the team at the moment. That defensive midfielder who is better than Nakamba at the attacking side and the passing. Doucoure also a good option or even Berge. Someone

16 hours ago, RicRic said:

Like Greenwood,rashford,rooney,bellingham did, because i forgot they were all too young to stick around and play

I never said anything about Chuk being too young to stick around and play. I just said personally that’s what I would do. I’d loan him out as the next step in his development, as I think he’d get more games at a Championship club than he will here.

..and here’s an equally pointless counter list of successfully loaned-out youth players … Grealish, Bale, Kane, Tammy, Lampard, Terry, Beckham…. Etc etc. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I wonder when we will start getting linked to GK’s? At the moment, a long term injury to Emi and we are well and truly in the brown stuff! 

So you’re saying we should sign Ramsdale…. Oh the scenes on Afctv!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I wonder when we will start getting linked to GK’s? At the moment, a long term injury to Emi and we are well and truly in the brown stuff! 

Smith looks to be happy with Steer and the kid, I doubt we’ll see anything anything on the GK front. Steers a decent backup anyway, not great but decent

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You've got the likes of Lewandowski available, and we're here chasing boring British players ffs. I really am starting to wonder about this board and management  ffs🤦🏿

I actually don’t know if you are joking or not…

5 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Some people keep mentioning (Premier League Experience). But what are we targeting exactly? El Ghazi, Trez even Nakambe can be considered players with Premier League experience. 

Exactly. And I would much rather have ElGhazi from today than ElGhazi from 2019. 

Give me today's Nakamba over the young lad we signed from Brugge a couple of years ago.

That is what premier league experience is. 

• Like 1

I still don't understand why we're discussing massively overrated players from Southampton and Brighton - who would cost a fortune - when we have a potentially once in a claret and blue moon opportunity to use our finances to take top players from European giants who are financially on their arse.

11 hours ago, lexicon said:

Linked with Rafinha again (PSG) - bloody impressive stats by and large - https://fbref.com/en/players/0c2ac3cb/Rafinha 

This one got kinda buried in the JWP tumult. Are the links from anybody remotely reliable? Feels like a pretty random/unlikely one to make up, but who knows. He'd *massively* improve our ball retention, assuming he adapts to the PL (given he's consistently put up comparable numbers for very different sides in La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1, you'd think he would). Just entering the second year of a three year deal, so any fee shouldn't be crazy. Wages might be, though!

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Technically speaking we've only really used the Grealish money. 

We're short of a defensive midfielder and another box to box midfielder in order to improve on last season. Possibly also a natural left winger to replace Grealish. 

So we're realistically looking at another 70-80 million here. And that's money I could only imagine we would have spent anyway had we not sold Grealish. So I'm not sure what is stopping them

There’s a massive list of reasons why transfers are hard to complete. Maybe the targets we want just aren’t available or willing to come. Maybe we don’t want to spend all that cash on players that aren’t our first choice. There’s a million other reasons that I can’t be bothered to list. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Not if you look a bit further back than just the last month. We've signed players for £350m in the last few years and Grealish is more or less the only one we've sold for any money. 

We are not PSG or Man C and we are not allowed to act like them.

• Like 2