Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm over the moon with this. No idea how anyone can be so negative about it 

We don't agree on alot, but i'm with you on this.

Even with all of the overwhelmingly negative views, I just have a good feeling about it for a reason.

• Like 1

Just the fact that he's a fast, left-footed right winger adds a dimension to our attack that we've lacked for ages. Whether or not he performs remains to be seen, but I think this also hints that Jack might be moving back to midfield now that we'll eventually have 2 first choice inverted wingers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Just an interesting point on his 23 appearances for Lyon last year (which many are touting as his worst season and a sign he will be poor) he only played 1251 mins, so an average of 54 mins a game... so it’s almost like playing the first half of 23 or 24 games, and I think it’s very hard to make an impact if you’re constantly in and out of a side. 
Like others though, I know nothing about him, I’m always excited to sign a new player though!!

Yes, because only 14 of the 23 appearances were starts, the other 9 were as a sub. And if it's true that he wasn't played as a forward last season but as a right side mid or a RWB then there's that in his defence too (for only scoring one goal).

I went and asked an Ajax forum about him:

He is a playful player. Technical, but not the most mature player in the tactical departement.
The AJAX-fans had a love-hate relation with Traore. Sometimes he was so not focused it seemed, but in other games he was a sensation. In short: a capricious player but the AJAX-fans has fond memories of him.  :smileajax:

https://www.ajaxtotaal.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3391&start=100

He sounds exciting, but potentially frustrating. If he’s not having a good game, we can bring on the likes of Trez to replace him. 

I, for one, am excited. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I didn't know a fat lot about him but surely you have to have something about you to go to Lyon at 21 and have played 125 games over last 3 seasons. He has also played 40 European games for Chelsea, Ajax and Lyon most of them in Champions league. Throw in some prem league experience and 70 goals in 230 games and certainly on the face of it there is much to like.

Aly Cissokho says hi.

• Like 1

Sometimes people look at stats or videos to determine a players worth. The reality is sometimes players are immature, play better when they get support from the manager, etc etc. Smith and the coaching staff obviously think there’s something about him that will improve the squad, that’s good enough for me. I also believe they will get the best out of him, exciting times.

Edited by QldVilla
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We don't agree on alot, but i'm with you on this.

Even with all of the overwhelmingly negative views, I just have a good feeling about it for a reason.

If @JAMAICAN-VILLAN is sold on him I'm in. 100% of the money for 100% of the fee.

Congratulations Bertrand, we are going to go places together. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

I went and asked an Ajax forum about him:

https://www.ajaxtotaal.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3391&start=100

He sounds exciting, but potentially frustrating. If he’s not having a good game, we can bring on the likes of Trez to replace him. 

I, for one, am excited. 

Him and Younes who's now at Napoli were brilliant on the flanks when they got to europa final in 2017, remember they tore Lyon to shreds in the semi final which probably convinced them to buy Traore.

Out of interest Rich what do they think of El Ghazi on there?

Here's the game. Deft header for 1st, really like the poacher goal for his second, Darren Bent style movement when he sees the player is about to cross.

Edited by VillaChris

Â