Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

If there ever is the greatest example of being held at ransom, this would be it.

20 million for Bertrand Traore is a robbery. Great potential of being the worst signing of the season.

Alternatively he could live up to his potential and finish with 12 and 5 and be the best signing of the season based on his price. 

26 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

You literally said Jesse Lingard was good 3-4 years ago, not sure what point you were trying to make but you were basically referring to a time when he was the same age as Traore is now (and only now is he entering the "latter" end of his 20's as he has just turned 25).

You seem to have a problem with this guy for no apparent reason, again with talk of "lack of passion" "bad attitude" "off the field issues" - things you're literally making up in your head. 

'Off the field issues' - Does being abused by racist fans count? 

27 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Which ones out of interest? The lads we lost in our relegation season aside for obvious reasons. 

Lowton, Stevens, Gollini, Charles Sanchez, Robinson. Obviously quite a few high end championship players who could maybe make the step up like lichaj, Bennett and Daniel Johnson. The issue is we stockpiled players until their development period was over we then got rid of them when they had no value. Mostly it was players we signed in the relegation season though. Ayew, Amavi, Veretout, Gueye, Adama, Westwood, Clark (to a lesser extent). 

Here is an example that lyon fans found shit but is a legend for us. JOHN CAREW

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

I Just listened to an interview with Simon Jordan on TAlksport.. He was talking about Traore coming here and said he is very talented but his confidence is shot. He said it was a case of Dean Smith & the Villa coaches would need to pick him up and we could have a player rather than Traore will come here & pick Aston Villa up, so to speak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Which ones out of interest? The lads we lost in our relegation season aside for obvious reasons. 

Marc Albrighton has a PL medal

Adama Traore is worth god knows how much now for Wolves

Enda Stevens established himself as a Prem defender

40 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Wilf Ndidi >

I'm talking about the season Kante left. I'm guessing you used Mendy that season? Was Ndidi there? From what I've seen of him he's really improved over the last 2 seasons. So initially the drop off in your performances wouldn't have been that much had Gana been bought by you.

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

That's the thing though, Traore can't control a football and misses from 2 yards out. He has both traits. 

I had enough of Trez breaking attacks down last season for this bloke to be the same. 

will smith bullshit GIF

Traore came out of the blue at least as far as I'm concerned. He's not my first choice for our new right winger, but I can see what the club are trying to do. Jota started last season in that position, but it was immediately obvious that his total lack of pace wasn't going to work in the PL even though he had decent technique.

I read somewhere recently that Deano has said that our lack of attacking pace cost us last season, and this summer's signings would have to address that. Watkins was the first evidence of our quest for more speed.

Bertrand Traore also appears to have that pace. I can see how starting him and giving him 65/70 flat out minutes, then bringing on Trezeguet to replace him with his 100%  ballsy effort (and recent eye for goal) would allow us to use our right side more effectively. With Cash overlapping at pace in support as right wing back these players could maintain a threat.

We will be more dangerous than last season which is what we have to aim at as a first step up from just being relegation candidates. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

To be fair it’s only a handful of very vocal people who thinks he’s crap. Most of us on here, myself included, wouldn’t have a clue what he’s like - same goes for many of our signings from overseas.

It’s like society in general - those with extreme views are the ones that shout the loudest and make the headlines. Those with more balanced views keep quiet and form their own opinions. 

I find round here just like any other forum that if some dont agree with you can often be labelled as the bad guy in the community just for having a difference in opinion. These forums always have there groups,with those people who will like each others posts, never dislike or go against one n other, wont even Joke to much. When someone with something to say talks about something that group does not agree on or like they move to shut it down quick regardless of what it is, whether its truth or lies,they then make the person feel bad for what it is they said. Of course this is a very jokey forum also and there is alot of laughter that goes about and most of the time it's all just daftness, but you can also see sometimes that some people are put down for having a different mind or seeing things abit different

Yes rules are tighter on VT and everything is more strict thank God but. There are those who may of seen Traore play on TV for example, have seen him live or have some knowledge of his playing which may be a reason why they say he may be crap. I myself have not got a clue as to the type of player Traore is. While I've looked at some youtube videos, that's all my experience is of Traore. Until I see him in a Villa shirt and give the same amount of time to Traore as I did last season your players in there first season, I just cant really comment. 

If we snap him up I do wish him the best, after all it's what we all want from our players and that we want them to hit the ground running, score and do there job well.

We just need to remember around here that just because we think were right doesnt make other people wrong and it's worth listening to everyone while enjoying the laughter that this forum can provide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

This is exactly why I think it's mental people are ready to give up on Nakamba. I'll admit Gana look slightly better, but if he becomes half as effective as Gana the next season he's well worth having around. 

Does any of that apply for Traore? 

Crazy how many people are against this signing.

He's scored 33 goals in the last 4 seasons at top level clubs. In the first of those 4 seasons he scored 13 goals at the age of 21.

Assisting goals seems to be his weakness right now, but in the market we are looking at we aren't going to be buying the finished product, those players are at the elite teams. If Smith and the team can make him more productive we have a real player on our hands.

I think sometimes people forget that two seasons ago our wingers were Albert Adomah and an on loan Robert Snodgrass. Nothing against either of them, but we are now operating on a completely different level in a short space of time.

Another reason I am for Bertrand Traore signing is that in my Football Manager 2019 save I bought him for Villa from Barcelona for 30 million and he became one of the best wingers I've had and valued at 50 million four seasons later (yes I went back and checked)...

Obviously this means nothing but FM have some of the best scouts in the world and he's a highly rated player.

EDIT - I've just read this back and noted it looks as though I'm half serious about wanting a player based on a Football Manager save... I'm not it's just the very little I know about him as a footballer since leaving Chelsea 😂

Edited by wilko154
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I'm talking about the season Kante left. I'm guessing you used Mendy that season? Was Ndidi there? From what I've seen of him he's really improved over the last 2 seasons. So initially the drop off in your performances wouldn't have been that much had Gana been bought by you.

We signed Mendy for about £12m because he was putting up very similar stats to Kante in France, and he was someone we were actually interested in before we got Kante, then he got badly injured in his 1st game and we signed Ndidi in the January

• Thanks 1

Â