Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, vazquez said:

Then again he will do nothing with his right leg so just focus on blocking his left and any chances to cut inside. Easy. Just like having basketball player with one hand.

Even if he really is that one footed it doesn't necessarily make him easier to play against. If he has Cash bombing past him from full back then he has the option to go inside, or play it back out wide for a right footed cross. There's no way every winger in this league will track Cash and that instantly makes it harder for a full back to defend against Traore, even if he knows his left foot is his strongest.

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe there is more to the fee. A relationship with Lyon or something?  It seems bizarre we paying so much if they are desperate to sell. 

Last summer he was getting linked to Liverpool for £40 million. He might not have had the best season last season but he seems to have at least a bit of a profile.

Ok, I base my opinion on just few of his YouTube highlights 🙄. But really never seen so one legged player in this level in attacking role before, never ever touches the ball with his right. Of course based on his stats he has still produced, but I'm limited in that sense that I can't see past his handicap.

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Likely Traoré and King mate. 

The King speculations has completely died off. Doubt that one is happening.

Rashica and Traore likely to be the last pieces of our business. Maybe a midfielder

Edited by villalad21

19 minutes ago, vazquez said:

Then again he will do nothing with his right leg so just focus on blocking his left and any chances to cut inside. Easy. Just like having basketball player with one hand.

BRILLIANT!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Trickster said:

These threads with writing off players before they have even kicked a ball for us are in a way fascinating because you already know the ones that are going to be ultra critical of their performances regardless.

Why not start neutral to a player joining Villa? Sure, feel disappointed and even critical if it's not the player you'd like but some posts go beyond that. Like, why already be seen to have an agenda when analysing performances during the season? It's a caveat everyone will know. I never really understand it.

The reverse is also mildly frustrating to me. For example, see Rashica. Bloke hasn't kicked a ball for the club, yet the expectation placed on his shoulders is of such a high standard that the likelihood of him meeting it is incredibly small. Thus, he is almost bound to fail. 

Maybe he is more of a 'sure thing' than Traore, quite honestly I do not know. But in both cases it would be far more prudent to adopt a wait and see approach. Tone it down a bit, either way. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, vazquez said:

Ok, I base my opinion on just few of his YouTube highlights 🙄. But really never seen so one legged player in this level in attacking role before, never ever touches the ball with his right. Of course based on his stats he has still produced, but I'm limited in that sense that I can't see past his handicap.

It has been pointed out already that unlike Dudley Moore (when interviewed for the Tarzan vacancy below) Bertrand does have need for both trouser legs.:) 

image.jpeg.0e3a9c4f0dbb0a24e72dde20f8b76019.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The reverse is also incredibly frustrating to me. For example, see Rashica. Bloke hasn't kicked a ball for the club, yet the expectation placed on his shoulders is of such a high standard that the likelihood of him meeting it is incredibly small. Thus, he is almost bound to fail. 

Maybe he is more of a 'sure thing' than Traore, quite honestly I do not know. But in both cases it would be far more prudent to adopt a wait and see approach. Tone it down a bit, either way. 

Nonsense. Turn it up to 11. Sometimes right,sometimes wrong. Always certain.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Nonsense. Turn it up to 11. Sometimes right,sometimes wrong. Always certain.

This kind of attitude that leads people to making completely ridiculous statements like 'John McGinn isn't PL standard'

...on second thoughts, yeah lets have more of that. Good for a laff. 

41 minutes ago, robby b said:

Last night I was really positive about this deal because the stat I found was 21 goals in 80-something appearances for Lyon's first team since 2017. It wasn't till this morning that I saw he only scored 1 goal in 14 league starts last season, which surprised and disappointed me. : < That certainly was a poor season last season compared with his previous seasons. He has gone  downhill suddenly so I can understand Villalad21 and a few others not wanting this deal and Lyon fans wanting him to be sold.

But I'm thinking about how well he did in the other seasons and that with a new start at a new place with new teammates and coaches, maybe he can get back to high achievement again. We don't know what went on last season that resulted in his poor figures but it isn't a lack of footballing ability and talent when you look at his previous seasons, and that great montage of some of his goals (in this thread this morning). They're all superb skill.

I've read online multiple times that he was playing RWB last season mostly. Not sure how true that is.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I've read online multiple times that he was playing RWB last season mostly. Not sure how true that is.

Aha! Great! Thanks for this info, this changes things significantly then, I'm going to investigate it. If this is the case then it's understandable for him to have scored only once and to have had only three assists in the league last season out of just 14 starts. 🙂 I think Targett only scored one goal in the league last too (or maybe two?) Gilbert didn't score in the league.

Edited by robby b

54 minutes ago, robby b said:

Last night I was really positive about this deal because the stat I found was 21 goals in 80-something appearances for Lyon's first team since 2017. It wasn't till this morning that I saw he only scored 1 goal in 14 league starts last season, which surprised and disappointed me. : < That certainly was a poor season last season compared with his previous seasons. He has gone  downhill suddenly so I can understand Villalad21 and a few others not wanting this deal and Lyon fans wanting him to be sold.

But I'm thinking about how well he did in the other seasons and that with a new start at a new place with new teammates and coaches, maybe he can get back to high achievement again. We don't know what went on last season that resulted in his poor figures but it isn't a lack of footballing ability and talent when you look at his previous seasons, and that great montage of some of his goals (in this thread this morning). They're all superb skill.

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Can't be 100% sure, but I believe the season he scored 1 in 3, he was the right side of a front 3.

Last season they played 3 at the back, so he either played as a rwb, some form of right midfielder, or didn't play at all.

The comparison to how we play and him fitting in would be the season he scored 1 in 3 for lyon. (Not last season)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â