Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Just typed a massive speech on this, editor lost. In short:

- concerns over his attitude and the fact other teams haven't got the best out of him, we've never been exceptional at this ourselves. 

- lots of top flight experience in Europe and England

- ability is there if we can offer the right environment for him

If he signs, we'll have a potential bargain,  or a saleable asset in a couple of years where we'll recoup most of what we spent. 

Just now, Rolta said:

It was aimed at the person repeating themselves since Sunday, not at you!

The thing is he’s now just defending comments against him. It’s a continuous cycle. In real life you’d just say “yeah, I see where you’re coming from” and move on. On here there’s too many people for that to happen. So the cycle rolls on.... until Traoré scores a hat trick on his debut. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The thing is he’s now just defending comments against him. It’s a continuous cycle. In real life you’d just say “yeah, I see where you’re coming from” and move on. On here there’s too many people for that to happen. So the cycle rolls on.... until Traoré scores a hat trick on his debut. 

I think he will have a debut very similar to Didier Six

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What else are we supposed to do? Work? No thanks. 

I haven’t even been in work since the 31st May. Imagine how bored I am of these rumours! I mean, I have a newborn baby to take care of, but.. hang on, is that Rashica walking down my street. 

Never mind, it was just an old woman.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

What else are we supposed to do? Work? No thanks. 

Exactly what I tried explaining on the team meeting to my manager this morning. 

Jokes on her, I don't have a job now 

Some here repeat that Lyon fans don't rate him, and others pick that up as a fact. Scouring through some French articles and comments it seems much more nuanced.

When he came to Lyon it was with huge expectations, he was even touted in one article as the next no 1 player in Africa. What is clear is that opinion is divided. One article for example saying that he has been partly brilliant, partly frustrating. In comments to African articles they seem very supportive, at the official site of OL on Facebook his page gets a lot of love. Comments on recent articles linking him with a move away are predominatly negative towards him, many are glad to see the back of him and many think they get a good price for him. There are however also comments where people are sad to see him leave, who says he doesn't fit into the system, and ppl saying it's best for all parties that he gets a new start at a new club. What I've seen not many question his ability, it's more a frustration over the fact that he hasn't performed as expected, also questioning his attitude.

One worrying thing is that he in one interview gave as reason to why he has struggled this season is that he prefers playing in the middle than on a wing, he though said that many other factors play in as well, like the tactical set up, the way the manager wants to play, but if we see him as a right winger it could cause some concerns. At the same time I'm sure they have talked with him about what position we see for him, perhaps the thought is that our front three shall swap places during the match more than last season and that he fits into that.

This potential signing is 50/50 to me, as said before I prefer Benrahma for example, but I also see logic behind getting Traoré. We shouldn't forget that we are a team who were in the Championship a year ago and just avoided relegation. Traoré is a Champions League player playing in a team who made it to the semi finals of the Champions League and who a couple of years ago was touted as the next no1 player in Africa. It's a bit of a gamble given his recent season, but there is no way we would get a player of that caliber if he had top performed the last season.

On the whole, to me it is obvious that he has great talent and a very high ceiling, also that he has been very up and down and fallen out with some managers and some supporters. It's a gamble. I wouldn't prefer that gamble, but I understand the reasoning behind it. It goes without saying that I will support him 100% if he signs. Only focusing on the negative aspects and questioning our management team because of Traore is one sided and immature imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Come to think of it based on what he said in the interview I mentioned above, could it be that we aim to bring him in partly as competition for Watkins at the ST position? Or perhaps the thought is to have a more fluid attacking three where they change positions during the game?

If he is an alternative to Josh King that could perhaps be the thought. 

Â