Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Crazy how many people are against this signing.

He's scored 33 goals in the last 4 seasons at top level clubs. In the first of those 4 seasons he scored 13 goals at the age of 21.

Assisting goals seems to be his weakness right now, but in the market we are looking at we aren't going to be buying the finished product, those players are at the elite teams. If Smith and the team can make him more productive we have a real player on our hands.

I think sometimes people forget that two seasons ago our wingers were Albert Adomah and an on loan Robert Snodgrass. Nothing against either of them, but we are now operating on a completely different level in a short space of time.

Another reason I am for Bertrand Traore signing is that in my Football Manager 2019 save I bought him for Villa from Barcelona for 30 million and he became one of the best wingers I've had and valued at 50 million four seasons later (yes I went back and checked)...

Obviously this means nothing but FM have some of the best scouts in the world and he's a highly rated player.

EDIT - I've just read this back and noted it looks as though I'm half serious about wanting a player based on a Football Manager save... I'm not it's just the very little I know about him as a footballer since leaving Chelsea 😂

i wouldnt worry - Mourinho had Football Manager running on his computer in the background to one scene in All or Nothing. its a very powerful database

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've never seen him play live but I'm absolutely convinced this is hyperbole of the highest order.

You would have had a better chance of dramatic effect success by saying Adama Traore.

It was intended as sarcasm and bit of fun but think it got lost in translation lol.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Another for a mention of Danny Drinkwater. Long time waster who came to us and couldn’t be arsed, started fighting.

Exception rather than the rule. It was a rush job to get bodies through the door in January. We have more time to do the checks this summer.

Name me another player that wasn't fully checked out under DS. 

Edited by Made In Aston

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

I blame the Rashica deal for a lot of the negativity. 

If we had that sown up a lot more people would be buzzing about Traore coming in and would be excited by his style of play. The Rashica thing has just been SO F**KING FRUSTRATING that anything else seems underwhelming.  Its like when your starving and thinking your having curry and chips for dinner all day and find out the missus has knocked up a nice lentil salad instead. Don't matter how good the lentils are is you're just fuming cos it aint a curry.

i take my hat off to you. been trying to think of an analogy ever since we signed matty cash and folks were annoyed that we didn't sign a striker. this is absolute, 100%, nail on head.

• Like 1

The ink is still wet and some of us have written him off already? His stats aren't even terrible ffs and we know that players might do well at one club but not another. We've seen tons of examples of this lol.

I suppose "let's wait and see" isn't a thing anymore for some people.

• Like 1

Not a fan based on what I've seen of him at Lyon but he adds pace which is something we lack (or rather are completely devoid of).

He has gotten consistently worse during his time at Lyon and has gone from a starter to a rotation player but as been suggested a new start and him getting his confidence up might be what he needs.

Seen him compared to Arjen Robben in that 11 times out of 10 he will stay wide right and then move in towards the middle and try and curl a shot into the far corner using his left foot. It's what he does pretty much every time.

I'm not against this signing as long as it doesn't mean we won't be signing Rashica or someone similar and that we also ship out El Ghazl, Trez or Jota.

The price thou is just absurd for a player they are desperate to get rid off and who want's to leave and has been really poor the previous season for them. How does that equal double what they paid for him, especially during a pandemic where most prices are considerably lower is beyond me. £10m-£12m would have been OK but still high.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Not a fan based on what I've seen of him at Lyon but he adds pace which is something we lack (or rather are completely devoid of).

He has gotten consistently worse during his time at Lyon and has gone from a starter to a rotation player but as been suggested a new start and him getting his confidence up might be what he needs.

Seen him compared to Arjen Robben in that 11 times out of 10 he will stay wide right and then move in towards the middle and try and curl a shot into the far corner using his left foot. It's what he does pretty much every time.

I'm not against this signing as long as it doesn't mean we won't be signing Rashica or someone similar and that we also ship out El Ghazl, Trez or Jota.

The price thou is just absurd for a player they are desperate to get rid off and who want's to leave and has been really poor the previous season for them. How does that equal double what they paid for him, especially during a pandemic where most prices are considerably lower is beyond me. £10m-£12m would have been OK but still high.

Might be good for us. Adds a completely different dynamic to what we've had. With Guilbert/Cash bombing on beyond him, defenders will have more to think about than just "Trez is going to bump into Elmo and do nothing/AEG is going to cross it and nobody will meet it".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Last night I was really positive about this deal because the stat I found was 21 goals in 80-something appearances for Lyon's first team since 2017. It wasn't till this morning that I saw he only scored 1 goal in 14 league starts last season, which surprised and disappointed me. : < So that looks like it was a poor season last season compared with his previous seasons. I guess he has gone  downhill suddenly so I can understand Villalad21 and a few others not wanting this deal and Lyon fans wanting him to be sold.

But I'm thinking about how well he did in the other seasons and that with a new start at a new place with new teammates and coaches, maybe he can get back to high achievement again. We don't know what went on last season that resulted in his poor figures but it isn't a lack of footballing ability and talent when you look at his previous seasons, and that great montage of some of his goals (in this thread this morning). They're all superb skill.

Edited by robby b

Â