Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If money were no object I would have Sarr as our get table wide forward for the right side.

At the end of the day we don’t get to pick the players we try and sign, at least he is the right type of wide forward we need unlike the rumours for Josh King!

Watford paid 30m. Doubt they selling for discount 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, samjp26 said:

And funnily enough, Adama is only a year younger than Bertrand I think. No idea why people are so against this signing, relatively young player with quite a high profile in the game. Came through a good youth setup, had solid loans in Europe, but has had a bad couple of years in relative context which is likely down to the amount of changes over at Lyon.

Lets get behind this guy!

It seems to be all down to the comments made by Lyon’s online fans. On one of Traore’s YouTube compilations I saw one of their fans saying that Memphis Depay is one of their worst ever players.

I’ll reserve judgement until he plays for us.

• Like 1

I read on Twitter that Traore is a Lange signing whereas Rashica is a Smith one. Not sure how true that is, but could explain how this one has appeared out of nowhere when Rashica is said to have been considered last window.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

I read on Twitter that Traore is a Lange signing whereas Rashica is a Smith one. Not sure how true that is, but could explain how this one has appeared out of nowhere when Rashica is said to have been considered last window.

The telltale sign is whoever appears next to the signing in the official pictures - Lange the old T Rex had his hand on Matty Cash's arse. 

6 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

We are one. We win together. We lose together. Do not think its healthy to divide each signing into camps.

While nice in theory, the club have shown with the sacking of Suso that it isn't necessarily the case.

As for Traore himself, the more I read on him the more I like. If you imagine Lange's brief was a left footed, pacy inside forward, playing at a high level and less than £20m he certainly fits the bill. The caveat is of he is in addition to Rashica and not instead of.

47 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

While nice in theory, the club have shown with the sacking of Suso that it isn't necessarily the case.

As for Traore himself, the more I read on him the more I like. If you imagine Lange's brief was a left footed, pacy inside forward, playing at a high level and less than £20m he certainly fits the bill. The caveat is of he is in addition to Rashica and not instead of.

I’m surprised Twitter has given this one to John Terry. Terry is Chelsea, Traore is Chelsea academy graduate ergo Terry’s ‘candidate’ is Traore.

Not to go off topic. I think you’re extrapolating too much from Suso sacking. If I follow the logic, ‘Suso signings’ failed, so he got the sack. I really don’t think transfers are made this way. More likely they wanted to move toward a more data driven model and Suso’s face didn’t fit.

Also I meant it’s not healthy for us as a fan group. Attributing a signing to a person is a symptom of blame culture. The connotations are if X player fails or succeeds then Y from management gets scorn or praise. Rinse repeat for all manner of things. If this was the case in the club then I’d really worry. You need a collective attitude to succeed in team sport.  

• Like 1

If we bring this chap in, we'll have gone from A.Traoré to B.Traoré.

For that reason, I'm in.

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I can't really relate to it, as my hair resembles John Lennon 1962 more than anything, but I get pain to the very core of my being when I see someone heading a ball with dreds in a man bun. 

Never, ever look up Jason Lee.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I think Traore is what you might call Mercurial. I'm prepared for some disappointment if the payoff is there as often. Its intriguing.

This is why I'm a big fan of Trez and Conor. They can do nothing all game, then all of a sudden they win it for us with a moment of brilliance. I'd rather they do it all the time obviously, but they have a habit of showing up when they're needed, like batman or something.

11 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I think Traore is what you might call Mercurial. I'm prepared for some disappointment if the payoff is there as often. Its intriguing.

This is why I'm a big fan of Trez and Conor. They can do nothing all game, then all of a sudden they win it for us with a moment of brilliance. I'd rather they do it all the time obviously, but they have a habit of showing up when they're needed, like batman or something.

• Like 2

All this signing is based on seem to be blind hope. "He is terrible at Lyon, but maybe he can become good here!"

I don't like things that is based on luck or hope.

I like logical things. I like things i can understand and things making sense.

That's why i'm positive to the signings of Cash and Watkins and would have loved Benrahma. These are players Dean has either worked with or knows well by being a coach in that league for years. Signing seem logical and well thought out.

Rashica who is highly rated and Martinez who is liked by Arsenal fans.

This guy isn't rated by his own fans. Neither by ability or attitude. That's a bad mix and something we should avoid.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Â