Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The reverse is also mildly frustrating to me. For example, see Rashica. Bloke hasn't kicked a ball for the club, yet the expectation placed on his shoulders is of such a high standard that the likelihood of him meeting it is incredibly small. Thus, he is almost bound to fail. 

Maybe he is more of a 'sure thing' than Traore, quite honestly I do not know. But in both cases it would be far more prudent to adopt a wait and see approach. Tone it down a bit, either way. 

Oh it can absolutely work both ways, but imo it's more unfair in a negative way. Positivity is what we all crave to be able to say about Villa, well most anyway :P, so I can see why some go over the top in that regard. Like I said, neutral is best way to go, with either reservations or expectations attached as suited. But writing players off isn't a direct comparison to ott expectations imo. The negativity also brings more of the dire 'I told you so' stuff during the season too.

45 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

A now distant past and having seen some 'proper' scouts in the meantime.

They just use volunteer Freelance Researcher's to give analysis on the club that they chosen to do.

Know this as i did some data testing for them three years ago, 

Edited by Villan4Life

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

They just use unpaid Freelance Researcher's for various club to give analysis on the club that they chosen to do.

What's your opinion on him? 

14 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

They just use volunteer Freelance Researcher's to give analysis on the club that they chosen to do.

Yeah I know, I did it for 11 years!

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

TBR’s view – Traore immediately adds threat to Villa attack

Last season, Villa boasted Trezeguet, Anwar El Ghazi and Jota as options out wide – while Jack Grealish was also used out wide. Apart from Grealish, Villa lacked goal threat from the flanks – but Traore changes all that.

Offering the ability to play on either side of midfield or attack, or even up front, the African star boasts enormous pace, skill and power. He can score goals, he can create goals and make something out of nothing. At less than £20million signing, he is ideal.

Gabby and The Boot Room rate him so I couldn't care less what you, as an actual scout thinks! 🤪

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

(Photo by Pierre Costabadie/Icon Sport via Getty Images)

ASTON VILLA

Gabriel Agbonlahor reacts as Aston Villa reportedly closing in on Bertrand Traore signing

mm
Published on September 14, 2020

Aston Villa are reportedly closing in on a move to sign Lyon attacker Bertrand Traore with a medical expected to take place over the next few days – and Gabriel Agbonlahor has given his verdict on Twitter on the potential addition.

Traore, 25, has fallen down the pecking order at Lyon with manager Rudi Garcia boasting the likes of Memphis Depay, Maxwel Cornet and Moussa Dembele in the final third. He has remained an unused substitute in first two Ligue 1 matches this term.

Sky Sports have claimed that the Burkina Faso international is on his way to Aston Villa and will undergo a medical soon – after the Midlands side agreed a fee of £17million and £2million in add-ons. He has entered the final two years of Lyon deal.

Asked on Twitter about the reportedly imminent signing of former Chelsea star Traore, Agbonlahor initially stated that he is delighted with the work Villa have done in the transfer window – and has backed the signing of the 52-time international.

Gabby and The Boot Room rate him so I couldn't care less what you, as an actual scout thinks! 🤪

Gabby's a good scout.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

I have finally succumbed and watched a YT video of him. 

Looks quick, direct and skilful. Looks to carry the ball well, and looks dangerous coming inside on his left foot. 

He adds a new dimension to our attack which we all complained about last season. 

Lets give him a chance eh?! 

• Like 2

Just an interesting point on his 23 appearances for Lyon last year (which many are touting as his worst season and a sign he will be poor) he only played 1251 mins, so an average of 54 mins a game... so it’s almost like playing the first half of 23 or 24 games, and I think it’s very hard to make an impact if you’re constantly in and out of a side. 
Like others though, I know nothing about him, I’m always excited to sign a new player though!!

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

Â