Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

This one has seemed to come out of nowhere. What does that mean in regards to Milot?

Or we actually going to get rid of some players? We seem to be buying a lot of same positional players as last year which suggested that Dean and Co are not that pleased with the class of 2019.

Or we need depth??

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

You know I usually enjoy a player and watching him on YouTube and you can usually see how hed fit in amongst the squad or at least envision it to a certain degree. I cant in anyway with Traore, now whether that's a good or bad thing I just do not know..

One thing I can say on what I feel is that he has excellent turn speed, lived to drive at players and will take the ball some yards for his team. What I do not like is he looks to be a bit of a selfish player and in that video you see instances where he should of passed the ball off. I also see that on a few occasions that hed take the ball to far and sometimes hed make his position worse than what it actually could of been, so that when he released his cross the ball would just not go anywhere. Also noticed he can draw fouls like Grealish now I dont know if were after the right flanker version of Jack and maybe Smith can help Traore's game come on more, but at 25 hed have to learn very quick right??..

I know watching videos is a very small reveal of what a player does and doesnt do on the pitch. I would say hed certainly be an improvement over what we have on the right, Traore certainly would be better than Trez or Ghazi, but I'd probably look for better unless Smith and Co are certain they can work miracle with him.

His deficiencies that you mention sound coachable, no?

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I can't ever recall seeing him play but it's safe to assume he's at least twice as good as El Ghazi or Hassan. So without knowing anything about him this is a huge upgrade. 

And fans who've seen him play on a regular basis really know nothing about him and should keep quiet. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

God forbid what the discussion would’ve been 30 odd years ago when we brought that bloke from Manchester United who was finished, an alcoholic with bad knees

Or that ex-Blues donkey Peter Withe. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

We can dream he might be as an exciting player as Tony Daley! Anyway I will take any excuse to post this!

Tony lives in the flat above me. Want me to knock on his door and ask him if he rates Traore?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The problem with using stats is that it glosses over his consistency issues which is what seems to be his biggest problem

The stats aren't even much of an upgrade. Copying what was said above:

Traore had  4 Goals, 5 Assists, 1913 minutes which works out to 21 full games. That is a 9 goal contribution in 21 games.

Trez has 6 goals 2 assists in the league over 1951 minutes. Or 8 goal contribution in 21 matches.

And Trez did it in a MUCH better league for an underperforming team, as opposed to one of the better teams in Ligue 1. 

So we're stats wise trading down. 

And I'm not saying Trez is a better footballer, but this is why the data analysis thing and stats are not straight forward. You have to look at their overall game play and performance, and in that sense neither Trez or Traore fill me with confidence. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

The good news is that Traore comes into Villa to be a part of a team, a part of a whole, not on his own. IF we are getting him it is to do a specific job which will work for the existing players around him and make us better - stats are just pointless sometimes. 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The stats aren't even much of an upgrade. Copying what was said above:

Traore had  4 Goals, 5 Assists, 1913 minutes which works out to 21 full games. That is a 9 goal contribution in 21 games.

Trez has 6 goals 2 assists in the league over 1951 minutes. Or 8 goal contribution in 21 matches.

And Trez did it in a MUCH better league for an underperforming team, as opposed to one of the better teams in Ligue 1. 

So we're stats wise trading down. 

And I'm not saying Trez is a better footballer, but this is why the data analysis thing and stats are not straight forward. You have to look at their overall game play and performance, and in that sense neither Trez or Traore fill me with confidence. 

Traore played 1254 minutes last season

• Like 1

Who knows how we will end up using him, starter, impact player, squad depth...

I think he will be a useful option, if not just for his pace. 

Also, it doesn't absolutely follow that one disappointing season leads to another.

The one thing which does raise a concern though is the lack of any crossing he seems to do.

Judging by the showreels he's all left foot on the right wing, meaning he cuts in to shoot more than anything else.

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Who knows how we will end up using him, starter, impact player, squad depth...

I think he will be a useful option, if not just for his pace. 

Also, it doesn't absolutely follow that one disappointing season leads to another.

The one thing which does raise a concern though is the lack of any crossing he seems to do.

Judging by the showreels he's all left foot on the right wing, meaning he cuts in to shoot more than anything else.

Just like Rashica. Maybe that's the plan. We have fullbacks to do the crossing. 

• Like 1

Â