Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

43 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Is he quick? Desperately need a bit of pace somewhere across the front 3.

I've read hes rapid, but we need someone on the wings who has pace,Skill and precision and we keep coming up short and only getting one of those traits in a player Grealish excused. I spose then it would be an improvement if we managed to get a guy that has two out of the three traits of Skill, Pace and Precision, maybe we can add the rest in the lab and get a player enhanced, dont think it would be legal however.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Nah, he  just have got one when he was Chelsea and he has played plenty of international football and played Champions League last season I believe.

Got it. It’s just some wishful thinking in me that something can still bring down the transfer.

5 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

I hope I am proved completely wrong. And I'll certainly back him to succeed the moment he puts on a Villa shirt.

Think we all can agree on that. Ignoring everything else, and assuming our staff know what they are doing, I can't for the life of me understand the pricing of him. 

He was bought for £ 8 million and has flopped. Nobody rates him and suddenly we're offering £ 16 -19 million for him? It's just weird. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

I am going to chime in knowing very little about the player but just looking at the lads stats and I will break them down to add something to the debate.

Ajax (1 Season)

13 Goals, 6 Assists, 3074 minutes which works out to 34 full games. That is 19 goal contributions in 34 games.

Lyon (All Seasons)

33 Goals, 17 Assists, 7649 minutes which works out to 85 full games. That is 50 goal contributions in 85 games.

Lyon (Last season but included in the above stats)

4 Goals, 5 Assists, 1913 minutes which works out to 21 full games. That is a 9 goal contribution in 21 games.

So that is the raw unarguable data on Bertrand Traore, I put in last seasons stats because people said he was so terrible.

My conclusion based on his goal contributions is he should be a good signing.

Callum Wilson MKII. He has had one bad season so he must be terrible. 

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Think we all can agree on that. Ignoring everything else, and assuming our staff know what they are doing, I can't for the life of me understand the pricing of him. 

He was bought for £ 8 million and has flopped. Nobody rates him and suddenly we're offering £ 16 -19 million for him? It's just weird. 

He had a great start to his time at OL. I want to know what happened to the guy who scored 13  goals and 4 assists in his first season to 7 / 3 the next season and 1 / 0 this passed season. 

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

I am going to chime in knowing very little about the player but just looking at the lads stats and I will break them down to add something to the debate.

Ajax (1 Season)

13 Goals, 6 Assists, 3074 minutes which works out to 34 full games. That is 19 goal contributions in 34 games.

Lyon (All Seasons)

33 Goals, 17 Assists, 7649 minutes which works out to 85 full games. That is 50 goal contributions in 85 games.

4 Goals, 5 Assists, 1913 minutes which works out to 21 full games. That is a 9 goal contribution in 21 games.

So that is the raw unarguable data on Bertrand Traore, I put in last seasons stats because people said he was so terrible.

Terrific post. Thanks for this!

• Like 1

I get weirded out when people think that opinions simply stated are valid. ‘This bloke is sh**te’, ‘this bloke is terrific’. I think this sums up what is wrong with online discussion: there’s a thing called expertise and argument that comes in.

We all have varying degrees of football knowledge on this forum - we all know who those with significant knowledge or experience are. However, few of us are professional scouts or itk. So, what we have left is argument: trying to persuade each other of the point: not just throwing ours toys out of the pram when someone doesn’t agree etc.

Having an opinion and expressing it doesn’t give it automatic validity. Expressing it in a way that’s reasoned, reasonable and persuasive wins the argument. Please talk about this guy - he must split opinion for a reason! - but qualify it with all of the reasons why! 

End of rant about the toxicity of internet discourse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ajax (1 Season)

Lyon (All Seasons)

Paul, you’ve got my vote for our official VT Data Analyst 👍🏻

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I get weirded out when people think that opinions simply stated are valid. ‘This bloke is sh**te’, ‘this bloke is terrific’. I think this sums up what is wrong with online discussion: there’s a thing called expertise and argument that comes in.

We all have varying degrees of football knowledge on this forum - we all know who those with significant knowledge or experience are. However, few of us are professional scouts or itk. So, what we have left is argument: trying to persuade each other of the point: not just throwing ours toys out of the pram when someone doesn’t agree etc.

Having an opinion and expressing it doesn’t give it automatic validity. Expressing it in a way that’s reasoned, reasonable and persuasive wins the argument. Please talk about this guy - he must split opinion for a reason! - but qualify it with all of the reasons why! 

End of rant about the toxicity of internet discourse. 

I must admit having never seen him play, and based solely on the posts on this forum that I have no idea as to whether we’re signing the best or worst player in the game, but that he must be one or the other. I suspect as you elude to he is most likely neither, and his success will be based on his deployment. As I asked on the Rashica thread, having not seen him either, could someone who has seen him tell us his strengths and weaknesses? I understand that he’s quick, and pace is something we need, but if he’s not going to be the assist merchant we need, why not? Can he not cross, pass, take someone on?

• Like 2

Ajax (1 Season)

Lyon (All Seasons)

That makes for interesting reading indeed.

• Like 1

Â