Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

He's a bit of a project, really - clearly there's talent there, just needs nurturing and directing. 

We just survived on the final day of the season.

We are in no position to have players learning their trade. I'd love for us to be, but we simply are not.

We need ready made players like Watkins that is ready to perform now.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Traore played 1254 minutes last season

So that's 4 in 14 matches. in a weaker league compared to Trez with 8 in 21. 

Either way, stats are not everything. 

Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination, not big on quotes, but I read this a while back and thought it was clever. 

For the reported 19 mil we would be getting a good deal, we simply are not gonna get a world beater for that money, I've seen bits of him over the last few years and he's worth what we're paying 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So that's 4 in 14 matches. in a weaker league compared to Trez with 8 in 21. 

Either way, stats are not everything. 

Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination, not big on quotes, but I read this a while back and thought it was clever. 

Clever GIF by memecandy

Lots of negativity around this one, even the Lyon fans seem more than happy to see the back of him. To many red flags make me nervous, we don't need a 25 yr old project.

I'll fully back him if he signs but there'll be a lot of virtue signalling going on if it all ends badly.

Edited by zab6359
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We just survived on the final day of the season.

We are in no position to have players learning their trade. I'd love for us to be, but we simply are not.

We need ready made players like Watkins that is ready to perform now.

All of our players are learning on the job, young Watkins included. 

The club has decided that our transfer policy should be to buy young players who still have some development to do and try to mould them into a better player who we would not have been able to afford if we had tried to buy them as the finished article. 

Personally it is a strategy I support. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

All of our players are learning on the job, young Watkins included. 

The club has decided that our transfer policy should be to buy young players who still have some development to do and try to mould them into a better player who we would not have been able to afford if we had tried to buy them as the finished article. 

Personally it is a strategy I support. 

Same here however those signings need to tick every box, in particular there attitudes need to be 100% right for the club.

Just now, bose said:

Many Villa fans were happy to see the back of Geuye, Westwood of course, Veretout, Amavi, Gollini etc. They've since become pretty respected players.

Not saying that he'll be a success or anything close to someone like Geuye but sometimes players thrive in different environments. Must admit though this is a bit of strange one.

Correct

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The problem with using stats is that it glosses over his consistency issues which is what seems to be his biggest problem

You don't get pacy, strong forwards who are consistent for sub £20m from a top European club these days.  It just isn't a thing.  The reason he comes to us for that price is because his game isn't perfect and it's something we need to harnass.

If we can get the best out of him, he'll be an incredibly exciting player.

• Like 1

Â