Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm a transfermarkt man and detailed stats for PL players from members section on Fantasy Football Scout 

Traore had 24 league appearances as CF in 4 seasons before last for 12 goals. One 5 game stretch at CF in Holland scored 1 1 1 1 2

image.png.941a62d036f4890db715eee6690e953f.png

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I must admit having never seen him play, and based solely on the posts on this forum that I have no idea as to whether we’re signing the best or worst player in the game, but that he must be one or the other. I suspect as you elude to he is most likely neither, and his success will be based on his deployment. As I asked on the Rashica thread, having not seen him either, could someone who has seen him tell us his strengths and weaknesses? I understand that he’s quick, and pace is something we need, but if he’s not going to be the assist merchant we need, why not? Can he not cross, pass, take someone on?

I honestly believe any coaching setup that can make Glenn Whelan look like a worldbeater should be given a chance with any player 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That makes for interesting reading indeed.

It does, but I still suffer from the curse of big Ron. Every time I read Ajax I pronounce them like the floor cleaner

• Haha 1

Very exciting signing. One of those high ceiling, low floor signings that are synonymous with attacking flair positions. May be that a new start and fresh surroundings are what he needs to reignite his form and it is an upside that he has played in England before. So we are getting a foreign flair player but hopefully skipping the part where they take a year to bed in because they haven't lived in the country before/ don't know the language etc.

From what I can tell he is an upgrade on AEG and will bring some pace and directness to the team

• Like 3

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

I am going to chime in knowing very little about the player but just looking at the lads stats and I will break them down to add something to the debate.

Ajax (1 Season)

13 Goals, 6 Assists, 3074 minutes which works out to 34 full games. That is 19 goal contributions in 34 games.

Lyon (All Seasons)

33 Goals, 17 Assists, 7649 minutes which works out to 85 full games. That is 50 goal contributions in 85 games.

Lyon (Last season but included in the above stats)

4 Goals, 5 Assists, 1913 minutes which works out to 21 full games. That is a 9 goal contribution in 21 games.

So that is the raw unarguable data on Bertrand Traore, I put in last seasons stats because people said he was so terrible.

My conclusion based on his goal contributions is he should be a good signing.

You've not sold it to me mate.

The Lyon fans, who are clearly all Premier League level scouts, don't like him and that is better than any facts, stats or actual evidence that you can provide that clearly shows he could be a really good signing that I'm pretty excited about.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

I am going to chime in knowing very little about the player but just looking at the lads stats and I will break them down to add something to the debate.

Ajax (1 Season)

13 Goals, 6 Assists, 3074 minutes which works out to 34 full games. That is 19 goal contributions in 34 games.

Lyon (All Seasons)

33 Goals, 17 Assists, 7649 minutes which works out to 85 full games. That is 50 goal contributions in 85 games.

Lyon (Last season but included in the above stats)

4 Goals, 5 Assists, 1913 minutes which works out to 21 full games. That is a 9 goal contribution in 21 games.

So that is the raw unarguable data on Bertrand Traore, I put in last seasons stats because people said he was so terrible.

My conclusion based on his goal contributions is he should be a good signing.

Yeah but we living in a Trump world. Facts mean nothing, opinions mean everything!

in this case, we trust Lyon fans opinions  more than your so called “facts”

trump fake news GIF

Edited by CarryOnVilla

You know I usually enjoy a player and watching him on YouTube and you can usually see how hed fit in amongst the squad or at least envision it to a certain degree. I cant in anyway with Traore, now whether that's a good or bad thing I just do not know..

One thing I can say on what I feel is that he has excellent turn speed, lived to drive at players and will take the ball some yards for his team. What I do not like is he looks to be a bit of a selfish player and in that video you see instances where he should of passed the ball off. I also see that on a few occasions that hed take the ball to far and sometimes hed make his position worse than what it actually could of been, so that when he released his cross the ball would just not go anywhere. Also noticed he can draw fouls like Grealish now I dont know if were after the right flanker version of Jack and maybe Smith can help Traore's game come on more, but at 25 hed have to learn very quick right??..

I know watching videos is a very small reveal of what a player does and doesnt do on the pitch. I would say hed certainly be an improvement over what we have on the right, Traore certainly would be better than Trez or Ghazi, but I'd probably look for better unless Smith and Co are certain they can work miracle with him.

• Like 1

I am curious about his work rate which doesnt come across in highlights and I havent seen a full match of him yet. 
But if he is going to want to run at and take on defenders the whole match then he will be a very welcome addition.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

One immediate difference between us and Lyon is I imagine Lyon expect more of the ball while we at the moment defend so deep. Having an attacker or two with actual pace ready for the counter attack might be more suiting Traore's skills. There's been mention that we've been trying to get pace up front and it would make sense. It would also mean teams couldn't push so far forwards without leaving them open at the back. We didn't have that at all last year. 

It would also explain why Rashica/Traore have been preferred to slower wingers like Benrahma. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

BT would IMO be the perfect loan with option to buy at 17m signing. Would cost us a loan fee but would be win-win. Especially if Lyon need him off the wage bill if he’s so out of form.

I would rather do it that way first, loan with option to buy, it's better to be safe than sorry here.

Â