Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

18 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Burnley didn't pay 19 million for Westwood to be fair.

If they did i'm sure there would have been an uproar.

Well no. But they paid 5 million in Jan 2017 before the neymar transfer blew the whole market up, from a championship Aston Villa who had months previously been relegated with one of the worst points totals in history. I also believe Westwood couldn’t get in our team at the time for one reason or another? Could be wrong on that mind you

Oh and also came from a club who’s fan base thought he was a human crab

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Like he's gotten a tune out of El Ghazi and Trezeguet?

I'm afraid you can't polish a turd.

why do you insist of focusing on the negatives? why not look at the improvements the likes of luiz, konsa, guilbert etc made this season? i'm not being antagonistic, i'm genuinely curious to know why you find such fault with absolutely everything villa related?

28 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Of the players we've been linked with this transfer window, most of the opinions have been positive. This is the main one where there has been more negativity.  

Try the Josh King thread 

He has the physical attributes we need and looks hard to shake off the ball.

My concern is his lack of passing the ball, as in almost a total lack of it.

Would be good to put him on with 25 to go where we need an outlet to cause a physical threat either out wide or up front, but unless the videos have deliberately edited out his passing, that appears to be something he will need to work on, a lot.

I'm quite looking forward to this signing now.

Worst case scenario we have someone to start a match/come off the bench that can offer something a little different in the mould of a Saint-Maximin or Adama Traore. If I were an opposition full back with my legs beginning to tire in the 70th minute and I saw this absolutely bombastic, spaghetti-legged winger coming on I'd be thinking "f*** this".

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He does look to have much better technique and close control than Trez though, and stronger and more direct than El Ghazi, so the raw materials are better to work with ! He looks quicker than both too.

If it's just that he's a half assed piss flap of a player then maybe it won't work but we've got to hope they feel that they can get a tune out of him. I'm not overly bothered about this one myself but he's far from someone we should write off before he's had a decent run in the team, let alone before he's kicked a ball. I try not to do that for any player we sign, except Danny Drinkwater anyway.

Just now, ChinlessWonder said:

He does look to have much better technique and close control than Trez though, and stronger and more direct than El Ghazi, so the raw materials are better to work with ! He looks quicker than both too.

If it's just that he's a half assed piss flap of a player then maybe it won't work but we've got to hope they feel that they can get a tune out of him. I'm not overly bothered about this one myself but he's far from someone we should write off before he's had a decent run in the team, let alone before he's kicked a ball. I try not to do that for any player we sign, except Danny Drinkwater anyway.

19 million though. That is the maddest part.

Lyon are laughing at us all the way to the bank.

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I’m not sure what you expected from El Ghazi and what you thought/think dean hasn’t extracted from him performance wise, looked average in the championship with 3/4 good games and was a bargain bin buy.

Trezeguet hardly broke the bank either and performed reasonably well during the run in although admittedly didn’t set the world alight. 

Look is Traoré perfect? Far from it but he fills a need. An athletic lefty to cut in from the right within the structure of a budget. IF (big if) sticking that budget allows us to get this guy AND rashica surely this is a good deal. 

Saw the benefit of jota in the team from the right on occasions last year but he don’t have the athleticism for this league, we all know that. How many other athletic left footed right siders with a decent level of ability will you get for £19 million in today’s market? I’d argue not many. Now if this was the only wide player we signed I’d agree this signing would be a tad on the underwhelming side but I see the sense behind it if it allows us to get the likes of a rashica too.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I wonder did Burnley fans throw a childish tantrum when Westwood was linked or did Fiorentina want the sports director fired when they got Veretout

The Westwood one is funny, his thread in here was easily one of the most toxic. One of the most hated players on social media too. That hate only intensified while we were on the Championship. Judging by the consensus of Villa fans, I imagine Burnley fans would have thought they were signing Ali Dia. Instead he's been one of their most important players for going on 5 seasons now and even occasionally captains the club.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

He has the physical attributes we need and looks hard to shake off the ball.

My concern is his lack of passing the ball, as in almost a total lack of it.

Would be good to put him on with 25 to go where we need an outlet to cause a physical threat either out wide or up front, but unless the videos have deliberately edited out his passing, that appears to be something he will need to work on, a lot.

Career averages: 27.5 passes per game, 80.5% completion

For comparison, El Ghazi: 17.8 passes per game, 76.8% completion

Allen Saint-Maximin: 21.1 passes per game, 76.7%

*These statistics are for information purposes only and should not be used out of context. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Do we really need five goalkeepers and three right backs?

We go through keepers like mad for some reason, hopefully that will stop now we have the Arsenal keeper and his injury form has been ok hasnt it??

As for Right backs I dont see any worries in having three of them, some squads remember consist of 40 plus players like the chelsea squad right? One reason these cclubs are on top is because they have options.

Edited by Dave-R

8 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I'm quite looking forward to this signing now.

Worst case scenario we have someone to start a match/come off the bench that can offer something a little different in the mould of a Saint-Maximin or Adama Traore. If I were an opposition full back with my legs beginning to tire in the 70th minute and I saw this absolutely bombastic, spaghetti-legged winger coming on I'd be thinking "f*** this".

This is where i'm at with this too... Provides more competition and  another runner in our squad. We all know defenders hate players who can run at them with pace and having not just one but effectively five if Rashica comes too would be mouth watering and an absolute nightmare for opposition defenders. I would count Grealish as one who can run at a defence along with Trez, AEG & Traore plus Rashica if he comes is a right assortment of pace & trickery.  It also means we would be covered even with 2 or 3 injuries which we know from previous experience is more than likely to happen at some point. 

I think we also have to be aware that with the congested nature of this extra compacted Covid season players will tire more than usual! So being able to rest / rotate will be crucial more than ever this time out. On the other side Imagine having this lot running at you with fresh legs when you have tired legs from a congested season anyway! 

I like it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

And fans who've seen him play on a regular basis really know nothing about him and should keep quiet. 

On the contrary, it's very valuable to hear from people who have followed him and seen him play on regular basis! And for example other teams fans coming on here is highly appreciated and valuable.

I don't know what you think of other players etc so I wont follow your opinion blindly though 🙂

Do you think he was better the previous seasons? And do you think the change of management and the playing style with two up top at times has hampered him this season?

I'm sligthly disappointed by the link to Traoré, mainly because it probably menas we wont be going for Benrahma. I think Traoré looks exciting, a player that will make you stand up from your seat, but at the same time he looks a bit of a show pony, a hit and miss direct runner. Imo we need a winger who can keep the ball and share that burden with Jack, someone who can contribute to keeping possession, not just someone who is fast on the counter. I also don't like signing players who are on a down.

Anyways, if he comes here I guess he is the one we can get in that position, I fully trust our management team and I will be happy to have him here and I'm looking forward to what he can do in a Villa shirt. Looks like an exciting player! An upgrade on Trez and AEG, and we desperately need that.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

The Westwood one is funny, his thread in here was easily one of the most toxic. One of the most hated players on social media too. That hate only intensified while we were on the Championship. Judging by the consensus of Villa fans, I imagine Burnley fans would have thought they were signing Ali Dia. Instead he's been one of their most important players for going on 5 seasons now and even occasionally captains the club.

Fans and players player of the season award too I believe

5 minutes ago, ChinlessWonder said:

Not according to Chelsea fans.. They reckon nobody works harder than this guy apparently  (as per a conversation with a Genuine Chelsea fan at work last night)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

His deficiencies that you mention sound coachable, no?

That's why I said in the same post that at 25 if Smith n Co can help Traore's game out, hed have to learn quick. 

Players have I think got better under Smith  so theres  a chance that Traore cold be better also, we can only hope.

• Like 1

Â