Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

What is the reason he has not progressed more as a player, and is more attractive for clubs right now?

If it's the case he has got problems with his attitude and is lacking dedication on the training field, that's a big argument for not buying him...

Just now, villalad21 said:

What is the reason he has not progressed more as a player, and is more attractive for clubs right now?

If it's the case he has got problems with his attitude and is lacking dedication on the training field, that's a big argument for not buying him...

Mark Delaney had a great attitude and showed dedication beyond many I’ve seen.

Why didn’t he progress further than us

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Wasn't good personalities and characters so important for Smith?

According to Lyon fans this guy has got attitude problems. Not much of this signing makes sense.

Said Benrahma who had 17 goals and 9 assist last season is available and has been all summer. And we choose to pay 19 million for this guy?

Watkins was a great start and 2 steps forward for the club. We are taking 2 steps backwards with this signing.

the same Said Benrahma who is also rumoured to have attitude problems and is billy big bollocks waiting for a move to a bigger club hence no one has come in for him yet?

and talking attitudes, whilst i love that he's a villa player, our captain and his little crew with maddison, chilwell etc are all complete pricks apparently. shall we get rid?

attitudes with footballers can be a good thing. it can help them wind oppositions up, giving his team a bit of an edge. it can also upset dressing rooms. it depends what sort of 'attitude' we're talking about here, no doubt your lyon chums can elaborate

• Like 1

On 12/09/2020 at 20:17, PieFacE said:

I echo what others have said, hope it's not a choice if Rashica or this guy.

Though, I guess we might be in for both?

Rashica on the left

Watkins in the middle

Traore on the right?

Southgate will have even more dilemmas, if we currently using Grealish on the left but push him back to centre, only to swap Rashica and Grealish round in matches. If you think Southgate doesnt know what to do with grealish now, wait till we buy Rashica OR a LW and the swapping begins to the point Southgate dont know what to call Grealish full stop a midfielder or a Winger.

I bet at some point Southgate even tries to use that *Villa are just complicating things by the players they have Brought in and how they change around on field so much* I can see that being used by SG as an excuse not to play Grealish lol.

Well Southgate the logic would be to utilise Grealish in what he does best, it's that simple SG.

Dont know why I got onto Southgate then, sorry folks, must of been some surpressed feelings coming out all of a sudden 🤣

Benrahma, skillful as he is and as well as he did in the championship last season looks like a right cock to me that will implode sooner rather than later. It sounds like the fee would have been closer to £30m for him as well.

If he'd have come i wouldn't have written him off either but i'd have been no more optimistic about him than Traore. Probably less so if he'd come without Watkins being here.

Edited by ChinlessWonder

1 minute ago, LockStockVilla said:

Way too much pant wetting going on in here over his potential signing. Has a decent scoring record, brings two things we lack in forward positions in pace/trickery, and at just 25 years old there is still room to improve. At the reported fee, I’ll take it. 

Every day over nearly 29 year old Josh King who needed 3 penalties last season to score 6 goals but some people fapping  over

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Why do black footballers constantly get tarnished with this "bad attitude" stick? Not being funny but fans hardly ever know how a player's character is unless it is purposely put out there for us to know (e.g. Ross McCormack).

I think something being overlooked here is the fact that our man JT spent plenty of time around the player and will know his character, skillset and talents very well. I'm also sure Traore will have a lot of respect for JT just like all other Chelsea players did. If anything we have far better knowledge with this player than we do usually.

Bingo

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Wasn't good personalities and characters so important for Smith?

According to Lyon fans this guy has got attitude problems. Not much of this signing makes sense.

Said Benrahma who had 17 goals and 9 assist last season is available and has been all summer. And we choose to pay 19 million for this guy?

Watkins was a great start and 2 steps forward for the club. We are taking 2 steps backwards with this signing.

No one knows benrahma better than smith and we choose to sign this guy. That says to me either the benrahma money is too much, wages too much or attitude not right. Else why would smith not pursue?

8 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

I’m guessing Terry probably has a better knowledge and understanding of his temperament than yourself and the Lyon fans my friend

He probably had a better understanding of Drinkwater‘s temperament too. 

• Like 1

Â