Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

tbh, from what i have seen if him, i really think he plays better a little more centrally, like one of the 2 in a 3421 type formation, or even a 10 in a 4231.

He seems to fare much better when he can drift left or right rather than cutting in from the wing, he also seems to be more of a threat centrally in and around the box.

If I remember correctly, that's where he actually said he likes to play in an early season interview. The " Axial position " or something like that, I'll try to find the quotes.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

He is the epitome of a luxury player. It's great fun, if you can get away with it. Don't think we're quite there yet. 

Tbh when we have a pretty solid, non-leaky defence it makes having someone in the attacking third who can produce magic on a regular basis more valuable than someone who puts a defensive shift in imo.  It's still definitely something he can work on for his second season mind you, as well as having the option to rotate him out sometimes (we missed Trez for big chunks of the season for that).

• Like 1

On 14/09/2020 at 13:09, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So an excerpt of him saying he prefers playing in the "Axial position" of a diamond, and that's where his best form for Lyon came from.

Anyone care to explain what the hell the "axial" position is?

Is that a striker?

Did a google search of it, and the best which came up was my own Villatalk quote from last year... lol.

Did anyone answer?

51 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

A year under his belt and a pre season to come I would not write him off yet.

Some wrote off Targett for similar reasons last year now he is a different animal.

not just Targett though, Konsa as well was wrote off as a player out of his depth

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That's enough of you pal to last a lifetime.

Look fancy on somebody else's time. We're here to win.

And win we did. Thanks to him getting the assist for the winner.

• Like 3

I thought he was really good today. Constant threat, bullied the fullback, created a goal with his pressing, made plenty of chances by coming inside.

Fantastic talent. Cannot wait to see him when he's had a full preseason and we've added even more quality around him.

• Like 1

Yeah one of those "if only he didn't take 30 touches before deciding what to do" type of games.

Got in some great positions but don't think he even tested Lloris once apart from that shot that flashed wide.

He's good....but he'd be world class if he was more decisive with his decision making. And not playing for us.

We've had some infuriating players over the years but he's right up there. One minute sublime, the next embarrassing. Today he was a world beater... til it required end product. Could, and really should, have put that game to bed several times over. I just think he's all natural ability which means the second he has to think it all goes to pot, so he sublimely controls, turns, nutmegs and goes on a run... Then his brain kicks in and he forgets to shoot, kicks the ground or plays a stupid ball.

Think of his goals this season; largely first touch quality.

Â