Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m really surprised by some of the comments in here re. Traore. He did ok last night, some great pieces of skill but I lost count of the times he got into good positions and wasted the opportunity. 

On the whole, I thought he had a good game, agreed, but he’s been poor in so many matches this season. A few bits of skill shouldn’t mask what has been a very ordinary season for him. 

I’ll be disappointed if he’s our starting right winger next season. We need much better. 

Dunno man. 8 goals/6 Assists, some match winners/key assists in there. He's defo inconsistent but I don't think he's been ordinary, some of his goals have been beautiful. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Ordinary?

He's been a great signing. 

Yes there's been lows, but if he did what he could every single game, he'd be playing for man city.

For a team trying to break into the top half, he is more than good enough. I bet there are plenty of prem teams who think they've missed out at the price we got him at.

He hasn’t been a great signing. If he was such a great signing, why is everybody in the transfer thread speculating about which right winger we should go out and sign? 

Our wingers are a big weak link in our side and one match against Spurs won’t change my mind about them. 

Also, we’re not in the top half. And that’s because we haven’t created enough without Grealish in the second half of the season, Smith himself said so. A large part of that has been Traore and El Ghazi/Trezeguet not being good enough.

We need better. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Dunno man. 8 goals/6 Assists, some match winners/key assists in there. He's defo inconsistent but I don't think he's been ordinary, some of his goals have been beautiful. 

He’s very inconsistent. 1 good game in perhaps 5/6 matches. I don’t want to hear the excuse ‘most wingers are inconsistent’ as a way of defending him either. He’s been very poor for large parts of the season, without question. 

Like I say, I will be disappointed if we don’t have two new wingers starting for us next season. With a very good back 5 and Watkins/Grealish, two new wingers are the missing part of the puzzle as an attacking unit. 

I think he will improve next season. He's got the output and just needs some consistency in his general play. Our coaching team improves players so I expect him to step up another level next season.

• Like 1

Just now, omariqy said:

I think he will improve next season. He's got the output and just needs some consistency in his general play. Our coaching team improves players so I expect him to step up another level next season.

Hopefully Omar. I’m absolutely not going to write him off completely but I do think he has been very poor at times this season. I just don’t think he’s quick enough or strong enough to really push us on.

He will have to improve because I think the club will sign some exciting attacking talent in the Summer. Fingers crossed.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Hopefully Omar. I’m absolutely not going to write him off completely but I do think he has been very poor at times this season. I just don’t think he’s quick enough or strong enough to really push us on.

He will have to improve because I think the club will sign some exciting attacking talent in the Summer. Fingers crossed.

I agree - he gets pushed off the ball too easily given his size and he can make bad decisions. I expect competition for his place next season but I think that combined with the coaching will push him on to a higher level next season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Ordinary?

He's been a great signing. 

Yes there's been lows, but if he did what he could every single game, he'd be playing for man city.

For a team trying to break into the top half, he is more than good enough. I bet there are plenty of prem teams who think they've missed out at the price we got him at.

Im not sure about great but he has a lot of potential and not a bad 1st season. 

If he could pull the trigger abit quicker then he would be some player. Seems to be in the mould of st maximin. He can produce wonderful skill get himself in a great position then the finish will either be weak or he takes too many touches. If he could improve on this he will be a 40-50m player easy

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He hasn’t been a great signing. If he was such a great signing, why is everybody in the transfer thread speculating about which right winger we should go out and sign? 

Our wingers are a big weak link in our side and one match against Spurs won’t change my mind about them. 

Also, we’re not in the top half. And that’s because we haven’t created enough without Grealish in the second half of the season, Smith himself said so. A large part of that has been Traore and El Ghazi/Trezeguet not being good enough.

We need better. 

I think people who want a new rw are going to disappointed this summer. Because the people that actually matter know that Traore has been a great signing. 

We need a better more consistent player for right forward position. Bert has lots of talent but without working hard to improve his game (which I think he will) he won't get into the team next season on a regular basis. With the right attitude he will be a big addition to the squad with consistent competition for a place in the team. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I think people who want a new rw are going to disappointed this summer. Because the people that actually matter know that Traore has been a great signing. 

You absolutely don’t know that to be the case. Id wager we’ll sign another right winger this summer. We have to if we want to improve. 

• Like 1

Can we go in to next season hoping that any player will improve? Target will be top 6 and the current top 6 are there for a reason, they have ready made quality. We need Bertie to improve and and an improved Bertie is the sort of quality we need on the bench. We need better!

8 minutes ago, picicata said:

I'm tipping Traore to be next season's Targett. First season hit and miss with quite a number of fans saying we need better, following season '**** you, the shirt is mine!'

Hope you are right and MT has set the standard for the others for sure, been amazing.

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You absolutely don’t know that to be the case. Id wager we’ll sign another right winger this summer. We have to if we want to improve. 

This is it, we just don't know if any will improve but it does take the pressure off finding and getting a suitable upgrade, it's not like we are desperate any more but if we want to crack the elite we need top class players.

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

This is it, we just don't know if any will improve but it does take the pressure off finding and getting a suitable upgrade, it's not like we are desperate any more but if we want to crack the elite we need top class players.

We’re not going to break the top 6 with players like Traore, El Ghazi and Luiz playing for us as starters. We’re just not. The harsh reality is, we need to improve on nearly every position if we want to become a force again. It just so happens the wingers are the weakest link at the moment and this is what we’ll address in the Summer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Agreed but also we aren't buying an elite squad in one summer. 

We will continue to progress and I don't see RW as priority this summer. I bet Traore is our regular starter there next season.

48 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We need better. 

You're aware players can improve? That not everyone is world class straight away? 

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

You're aware players can improve? That not everyone is world class straight away? 

I don’t think he has the tools to be the player we need. He’s not quick enough or strong enough. I think he’ll improve, yes, but like I say, not to the level we need. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Agreed but also we aren't buying an elite squad in one summer. 

We will continue to progress and I don't see RW as priority this summer. I bet Traore is our regular starter there next season.

I’m glad our owners will be a little more ambitious than you! 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t think he has the tools to be the player we need. He’s not quick enough or strong enough. I think he’ll improve, yes, but like I say, not to the level we need. 

Based on one season, which has been different to all season's preceeding it. In a new country, in a new team, that is (relatively) new to the league. The short term-ism of Villa fans is disappointing. 

• Like 1

Â