Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

On 03/05/2021 at 20:17, KenjiOgiwara said:

Disagree. Heaton is excellent. Wesley and Engels were both pretty mixed bag, but both averaged on the shite side.

Heaton being 'excellent' is a bit of a myth. He let quite a few in that you'd expect him to save.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I love and hate him.  Great goal but he then leaves Cash so exposed because his defensive awareness for most of the game.  I wish he was an alternative than a starter based on current appearances but it’s his first season and I hope he works on his weaknesses. 

I agree with you overall.

However the thing is, if he is on the bench, you don't get the early goal where he pickpocketed the defender and laid it on the Watkins in the first 2 minutes, for example? ( Forgotten which match, or if it was even Watkins who scores).

Agreed though, at worst, he is a great squad option/game changer to come off the bench.

Someone stronger, with a higher workrate and consistency might be needed as a starter though.

• Like 1

Hoping we’ll see the best of him next season. For all the inconsistency he’s got bags of ability going forward when he can harness it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

However the thing is, if he is on the bench, you don't get the early goal where he pickpocketed the defender and laid it on the Watkins in the first 2 minutes, for example? ( Forgotten which match, or if it was even Watkins who scores).

Agreed though, at worst, he is a great squad option/game changer to come off the bench.

Someone stronger, with a higher workrate and consistency might be needed as a starter though.

GIF by Paris Saint-Germain

Or

bayer 04 leverkusen bundesliga GIF

• Thanks 1

Anyone see his trademark ‘no look’ volley across the back 4 off a throw in early on? How the management team haven’t picked him up on this, I’ll never know. It’s absolutely insane. 

Great goal, poor for the most part. If he’s starting for us next season we’ll have failed AGAIN to bring in sufficient quality in the wide areas. 

Just speaking about that moment alone....it was a wondeful piece fit for a Bergkamp or a Van Basten.

We cannot deny his magical strikes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I have a theory on him.....it might be we need to be stronger elsewhere like central midfield and play with just one winger.

players like him, may never track back and even if they did, would be out of position when the ball is won back, he looks like a duck out of water, when he does.....he is poor a mans Mahrez( compliment), but he can emulate his magical moments at times.

Traore, is a player that needs to be played in, so we need strong representation in the middle of the park....maybe in a 4-3-3

Jack-Ollie-Traore

and a better midfield 3

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have a theory on him.....it might be we need to be stronger elsewhere like central midfield and play with just one winger.

players like him, may never track back and even if they did, would be out of position when the ball is won back, he looks like a duck out of water, when he does.....he is poor mans Mahrez, but he can emulate his magical moments at times.

Traore, is a player that needs to be played in, so we need strong representation in the middle of the park....maybe in a 4-3-3

Jack-Ollie-Traore

and a better midfield 3

Yes although I thought McGinn was good today but we do need a more solid base. Traore can do things even Grealish can't. Not so the much the skill but his finishing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Anyone see his trademark ‘no look’ volley across the back 4 off a throw in early on? How the management team haven’t picked him up on this, I’ll never know. It’s absolutely insane. 

Great goal, poor for the most part. If he’s starting for us next season we’ll have failed AGAIN to bring in sufficient quality in the wide areas. 

They probably have. But they've probably also figured that they can't change Bertie. What you see is what you get.

10 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I'd like to see him get a game in the position Barkley occupies. Less emphasis on defending then. He's got a great shot and can play a pass so might be worth a try there. 

Except that we try and press and traore has shown very little appetite for working off the ball. He needs to watch his play in all his games and see what he is and is not doing.

He regularly fails to move the ball quickly, this regularly results in losing the ball. Then when the ball is lost he rarely will attempt to recover the ball or recover his position.

He would improve considerably by just using the overlap more, releasing the ball quicker and acknowledging he is part of a team, its not the traore show real every game.

By releasing the ball quicker/ using the overlap, would also preserve what energy he has, keep position more and hopefully make him less predictable, because for 95% of each game that is what he is.

Get the ball, hold onto it too long, check back and pass it back.

Get the ball check inside and shoot or lose it

Get the ball and run into a cul-de-sac and lose the ball.

That sums up the majority of his play at the moment and it's predictable and not helping the team. 

He will have the summer to reflect on how to improve and I'm pretty sure all the team will be given 'home work' so hopefully next season with some tweaking, he will be more of a team player and predictably more unpredictable for opponents.

Traore ~ 6 goals 5 assists 32 appearances this season.

A good pre-season and he improves on that next season and becomes a very important player for us.

We just need a bit more steel in the centre of midfield to complement him.

• Like 1

Brilliant goal, some really nice, tidy bits of play - one thing I'd like him to do on occasion is to be a bit quicker playing Cash in when he's gone past his player - he seems a bit reluctant to do it for some reason and early balls are often our friend. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TRO said:

Just speaking about that moment alone....it was a wondeful piece fit for a Bergkamp or a Van Basten.

We cannot deny his magical strikes.

Agreed. We have too many nothing players to overlook Bertie.

8 hours ago, Awol said:

If Jack is back in I wonder if Traore plays as the CF next game? Probably KD, but Bertie was hitting 1 in 2 from CF in France.

He seems to score from the centre too. I can only think of 1 goal coming from good wing play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Agreed. We have too many nothing players to overlook Bertie.

I just don't see far beyond....Jack-Ollie-Bertie

what is wrong with that front 3.....apart from Back up.

That is also where the big money is for replacements.

surely we can buy some real quality in the middle 3 to create a platform for them to play off.

can you just imagine a real quality ball winner ( regista) to win it and play jack and Bertie in and to allow Carney and Jacob/Aaron to learn their job with the peace of a top quality chaperone in the middle.

Edited by TRO

Â