Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I still can't understand how someone so technically gifted can be so one-footed. I just don't get it. His insistence on getting in on his left side is borderline funny. 

He isn't actually that one footed it is just stuck in his head he is. When he is actually forced to use his right foot he tends to play it well. But when he thinks about it, it all goes to shit. 

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

We've had some infuriating players over the years but he's right up there. One minute sublime, the next embarrassing. Today he was a world beater... til it required end product. Could, and really should, have put that game to bed several times over. I just think he's all natural ability which means the second he has to think it all goes to pot, so he sublimely controls, turns, nutmegs and goes on a run... Then his brain kicks in and he forgets to shoot, kicks the ground or plays a stupid ball.

Think of his goals this season; largely first touch quality.

Yeah he's not a purple patch player or inconsistent game to game or even goes through hot and cold spells during the 90 mins

He's inconsistent from touch to touch

• Like 3

Did so much today - got the assist for the winner, teed up others who didn't score (4 key passes), bamboozled the Spurs players, 2 interceptions, a tackle, a blocked shot - and yet people want to focus on the negatives. 

Have a word with yourselves lads ffs. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I still can't understand how someone so technically gifted can be so one-footed. I just don't get it. His insistence on getting in on his left side is borderline funny. 

And yet he’s scored 3 goals very good goals to with his right this season weird player lol

52 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That's enough of you pal to last a lifetime.

Look fancy on somebody else's time. We're here to win.

Your post-match outbursts are bizarre at the best of times but this might take the biscuit. He was great today you wild man.

• Like 1

He had some great moments of play. 

It was just frustrating for him and a few of us that he takes one too many touches, otherwise he could had a goal himself today.

I won't be too harsh on him though as he has been a decent player for us this season more often than not.

22 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Can't wait to see Bertie 2.0 next season.

Me too. He's improved over the course of this season in his positioning and his defensive work, if they can keep working on him he could be fantastic.

• Like 2

His skill ans the way he beats people is woeld class at times then it comes to the easy bit and he totally makes a mess of it!

If he could get that bit right he will be a 50m player easy.

6 minutes ago, birdman said:

He had a great game and worked hard just wasn't quick or sharp enough in front of goal. 

Whole team took too many touches in front of goal, really. Ollie, AEG, Jack all had chances where they'd could've and should've taken the shot but waited too long.

Him just cutting through Spurs over and over was a joy to watch, though!

Edited by the_eristic
  • Like 1

To surmise that the odd piece of flair or flamboyance defined his performance today is to be totally unfair on him. On the contrary, I don't think a couple of isolated moments where he could have maybe sorted his feet out or pull the trigger earlier should take away from the fact he made more defensive contributions than any other attacking player today, was second to only Jack for passing accuracy, had an assist and if you're particularly nerdy about stats made 4 key passes. Understand some of the critiques he's had this season but to put this game forward as a justification for them is misplaced.

Â