Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

13 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Yeah he’s had such a poor season level on assist and 3 goals less than Mane, Bale and Sterling is really poor should really be hitting 20 goals per season and be in the running for the pfa player of the year 

Who have also had poor seasons by their standards. 

Stats don’t paint the whole picture. I really hope we sign a right winger in the Summer to replace Traore. 

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Stats don’t paint the whole picture. I really hope we sign a right winger in the Summer to replace Traore. 

It'll probably be a merry-go-round of right wingers every season until we find one that hits the ground running in his first PL season the way this is going.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

If only we’d signed Benrahma with his 0 goals then everyone would be happy :)

To be fair he would have got more game time at Villa and Smith would have got more out of him. 

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

No stats don’t paint the whole picture,  but the signing hasn’t been a failure by a long shot , Im sure we will sign another forward  to compete hopefully one that can play left or right, but we can’t complain to much on Traore’s return this season he’s been frustrating at times yes and been absolutely magical at other times , inconsistent is the word but I can’t see many consistent wingers in the premier league tbh it’s a difficult position 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Yeah he’s had such a poor season level on assist and 3 goals less than Mane, Bale and Sterling is really poor should really be hitting 20 goals per season and be in the running for the pfa player of the year 

Stats can often be very misleading.

I am going by his general play.

Flashes of brilliance doesn't really hold that much weight for me. More often than not this guy is a liability to the team. Doesn't press. Doesn't track back well. Poor decision making.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YLN said:

Traore is my favourite Villa player at the moment. He's the closest to a Merson we've had since Merson. 

Don't @ me

ok @YLN no problem, i defo wont @YLN u, i promise @YLN.

love and kisses.

• Haha 1

Just now, gwi1890 said:

He’s been tracking back though despite what Hinchcliff tells you each game, I agree it doesn’t come naturally to him but there’s been a considerable improvement in his tracking back since beginning of the season , he’s often pressed at the right time such as against Arsenal which resulted in us winning the game,  he needs to Improve no doubt but I think he will 

Yeah he tries but there is no intensity with him.

He is just so damn casual and lazy on too many occasions.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah he tries but there is no intensity with him.

He is just so damn casual and lazy on too many occasions.

I’m with you. He’s too slow and weak in my book. Lovely first touch and quite a silky player at times but nowhere near good enough for where we want to be.

Ive said it before, but the one thing we almost unanimously agree on is the need for a new right winger in the Summer window. This wouldn’t be the case if Traore was performing. 

He’ll be a squad player next season hopefully. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m with you. He’s too slow and weak in my book. Lovely first touch and quite a silky player at times but nowhere near good enough for where we want to be.

Ive said it before, but the one thing we almost unanimously agree on is the need for a new right winger in the Summer window. This wouldn’t be the case if Traore was performing. 

He’ll be a squad player next season hopefully. 

I personally don't think a starting RW is that important. For Me LW and Cdm are the key positions. And definitely need backups for the full backs and Konsa. RW is only the priority after that. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I personally don't think a starting RW is that important. For Me LW and Cdm are the key positions. And definitely need backups for the full backs and Konsa. RW is only the priority after that. 

Replacing Traore with someone like Buendia would be huge for us. 

He’s improving and becoming more disciplined, it will take time.

He really has magic in his boots, very entertaining to watch.

He bust a gut and did excellently to intercept Pogba on the edge of our box, for example.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Stats can often be very misleading.

I am going by his general play.

Flashes of brilliance doesn't really hold that much weight for me. More often than not this guy is a liability to the team. Doesn't press. Doesn't track back well. Poor decision making.

He's definitely erratic, but he contributes defensively (quite good in the air as well), and he's one of those players who often makes very difficult things look so simple that he doesn't get any credit for them.

His ability to turn both ways at right angles is amazing - think the assist for Watkins in the 3-1 against Fulham is a good example, but he does stuff like that around the box all the time.

Also has decent delivery on long crosses and set pieces, and a decent scoring record for a winger.

Definitely a flawed player, and we might move him on in 2 or 3 years, but for the time being he's a regular starter in my book, unless we sign someone amazing this summer.

On 14/05/2021 at 21:00, villalad21 said:

If he is our starting RW next season we have failed in the marked. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886l4389qxwksfg8uq6kw

Unfair to say we would have failed in the market if Traore is still starting IMO. He is good, and will likely improve next season as he continues to develop and settle. 

Â