Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

He spent 3 years at Chelsea... 

If he was consistent he'd probably still be there, or ajax, or lyon 

His career history tells you what he is, played for good clubs at a good level but never sticks around anywhere or becomes a key player, 3 years here and we'll move him on too

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The other view is he is just adjusting to English football again and the best will come next season 

He looked and acted pretty much exactly the same for Lyon but there is always a chance that a player develops with age of course.

Just entering his prime so their is always a chance he makes a leap 🙏.

Definitely good enough for where we are now but will eventually need to be replaced if he can't cut out the misplaced passes/dribbles. 

I think he would be more valuable as a sub when we are struggling to break a team down and are in need of something a bit different against tired legs.  He's too inconsistent and loses the ball too easily.

He is however better than Trez and AEG; all need upgrading IMO.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Just entering his prime so their is always a chance he makes a leap 🙏.

Definitely good enough for where we are now but will eventually need to be replaced if he can't cut out the misplaced passes/dribbles. 

I almost accept his inconsistency going forward but my biggest concern with him is his tracking back, he leaves Cash so exposed sometimes either not tracking back or is back and not tracking his player.  it causes us so many problems down that left that I hope he improves that side of his game next season because he's not good enough luxury player going forwards (so far) to cover his poor tracking back

• Like 1

Yesterday his defending wasn't the best. It's been better but yesterday was below par. Everytime they attacked Cash it was like Bertie was on his heels. The distance between him and Cash was too large.

Whereas on our left AEG and Targett were much more in sync. When Jack came on it was like he'd never been away and AEG and Elmo also defend better as a unit. Apart from when Elmo made that poor header at the end. 

He'll get better, but like I've said a million times before. He's not the right winger we need. I'd love to see him play a few matches for Barkley, assuming Jack is back. Traore would suit a CAM role more IMO. 

It's very surprising a professional footballer can be so one footed. It's just weird. He'd rather run around the goal to get a cross in, when the alternative is his right foot. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

His career history tells you what he is, played for good clubs at a good level but never sticks around anywhere or becomes a key player, 3 years here and we'll move him on too

Career history? Joined Chelsea, sent on loan twice as they do, joined Lyon.

Now at Villa, not a great sample size. He's only been treated as a 'normal' player at Lyon.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2021 at 14:03, barry'sboots said:

The better the quality of the whole team and squad, the better that Bertie will look.

The midfield balance is key for me - and this includes every position, not just the ACM.

Luiz, SJM and Barkely looked great - and really well balanced - for the opening months of the season.  At home to Liverpool and and away at Arsenal they looked like world beaters.  In that team, BT would have looked fine on the RW.  As an aside, I just don't understand how all three have fallen apart over the last 3 months??

If you switch BT to ACM/10 then it probably puts more defensive responsibility on to your two other CM'ers because he is not great defensively (although neither has Barkley been of late).

I think that's what Lange and Smith need to work out over the summer - how are we going to play, how will we change/tweak our system to set up differently against different opponents and what type of players (and ultimately what actual players) do we need to facilitate this - the optimal squad with options.

I personally prefer a 4-2-3-1, and you do need a proper 10 (like an on form Barkley or a Maddison or even Jack in there) to play that optimally but some are better at others at also doing their defensive duties.  I remember a standout performance from Weimann when he played 10 (more second striker) behind Tekkers but sat on Gerard when out of possession and effectively killed their creation.

Unfortunately, the Covid outbreak really messed us up and stopped us in our tracks. We haven’t been able to rediscover that form and style of play.

I can’t help but imagine how well we would’ve continued to do if that situation could’ve been avoided, where we would’ve ended up finishing...

A real shame we couldn’t take advantage of those games in hand too.

Oh well, onto next season.

UTV

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If Grealish was any good, he would still be at Notts County - but they sent him back to Villa.

• Confused 1

On 14/09/2020 at 17:51, Brumerican said:

Gut feeling is there will be moments of brilliance followed by frustrating stuff . Rinse repeat.

Very Tony Daley-esque and I'm on board for that.

I stand by it .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He was also a teenager while he was there iirc. For perspective, John Terry was still there when he was. He's only 25 now. He also had world class talent ahead of him in the pecking order including a certain PFA Player of the Year.

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I stand by it .

It's nothing new with this type of player in this price bracket. Obviously if you are trying to be creative or clever it won't always work especially if team mates aren't on the same wavelength. One of those player who undoubtedly will look and play better with better players around them... ie Jack! 

Edited by birdman

48 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If he is our starting RW next season we have failed in the marked. 

Yeah he’s had such a poor season level on assist and 3 goals less than Mane, Bale and Sterling is really poor should really be hitting 20 goals per season and be in the running for the pfa player of the year 

14 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If he is our starting RW next season we have failed in the marked. 

Have a day off. Sheesh kebab! If we don't buy anyone then we've failed. Traore starting means he's improved or the management have faith in him.

Â