Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He might not be the best player, but it's a fitness issue. A 90% Horihane is better than a 50% Luiz and McGinn all day long. He should have started. Monumental manager **** up.

I don’t actually think he is so I don’t agree it was a manager **** him. He gets the information he needs on the fitness of the players to make a decision. If he’s told they are fit enough to play then they should play.

I would have started both of them too.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 hours ago, AV82 said:

It was interesting to see Smith bring him on and play him centrally - I wasn't expecting that.

seemed to me that he was put out on the wing and jack switched to the centre

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Conor takes better set pieces and offer more in open play.

xG dried up as soon as Bertrand started to tire. Teams were able to double and even triple up on Jack and that was that. 

Dislike him all you want but he will be crucial to us maintaining an attacking style with Ross out for a couple weeks. 

SmartSelect_20201121-181135_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

He played about 6 games for them. 

he also got 4 in goals in 14 games for Chelsea in English football so he wasnt exactly doing too badly. Just they had Hazard, Willian, Oscar ahead of him

33 minutes ago, omariqy said:

People obviously haven't learnt any lessons from Luiz or Trez and how they have improved. You can see Traore is a good player and did fairly well I thought. He will be a good player for us but it will take some time I feel.

Agree entirely - I thought in the main he did OK. For large parts of first half especially I didnt notice a major loss with Barkley going off which is a very good sign. He is also clearly not match fit which he will only get with games. He faded in the second half as he got tired and it was the right decision to bring him off even though he was a sub. It is going to take a while with him I think but Trez stepping up takes the pressure of him a bit. 

• Like 1

Was OK but played fairly safe I thought. A lot of easy passes when he could/should have tried to go forward or go at his man. Then he got tired and couldn't contribute much at all.

One thing that's amusing to watch out for is pundits and commentators talk about his pace. He is not "fast". He's tall and black and for some reason they can't help but say he is. McGinn and El Ghazi both reached higher top speeds than him.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Was OK but played fairly safe I thought. A lot of easy passes when he could/should have tried to go forward or go at his man. Then he got tired and couldn't contribute much at all.

One thing that's amusing to watch out for is pundits and commentators talk about his pace. He is not "fast". He's tall and black and for some reason they can't help but say he is. McGinn and El Ghazi both reached higher top speeds than him.

Maybe he knew he wasn't at full fitness and therefore he played the easy passes as opposed to more physically difficult moves to take on the man.

On 21/11/2020 at 17:37, tomav84 said:

did fine i thought. peach of a ball for the goal. touch let him down as his legs tired but he'll come good.

those slating him now, sometimes things take time i.e. luiz and trez

Nah, seen enough, stick him in the under 23's to run his contract down

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He is fast by all accounts, not least JT who played with him. Agree we haven't seen it in a Villa shirt though, and I very much doubt the commentators have seen him play at length so you're probably right there :lol:

4 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I think he should improve and become a useful player/first change on the right for us.

He will be a brilliant player for us,  I am sure.  He is real quality. 

Does all the simple things really well so far and he hardly gives the ball away.

His performance was encouraging. Obviously he’s not good at midfield but I think as a winger or a second striker he’d do well. 
I’d start Davis with Watkins as a LW. Grealish as AM, Trez to start as RW for next game. 
If we’re playing Jack as a winger then we need Traore. As they’re closing Jack wing, and Trez isn’t tricky or even can be the attacking threat needed. (Apart from positioning and hard working. 

19 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He is not "fast". He's tall and black and for some reason they can't help but say he is. McGinn and El Ghazi both reached higher top speeds than him.

He isn't. Trezeguet looks quicker to me.

Traore is supposed to be a skillful winger. Unfortunately for him he is a one trick pony and cannot use his right foot.

All he does is cutting inside to his left foot and very easy to defend against.

Trez has a lot more about him and is less predictable.

Hope Conor starts on Monday

On 21/11/2020 at 23:23, Zatman said:

got a good assist and for a guy that hasnt played in weeks he did OK. the witchhunt against Traore started a long time ago so no surprise the negativity was going to buil in this thread from same posters. Sad

Agreed. 

I thought he was good first half and clearly tired second half.

I still think once he's fully up to speed he'll be first choice ahead of trezeguet, despite the latter's improvement this season

Â