Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

On 05/11/2020 at 11:17, YouUnastanFren said:

I agree that it was a contributing factor. I think the lack of game time he's had over the last 6 months due to Ligue 1 cutting last season short is the main reason for his lack of fitness, not ideal but in the context of the full length of his contract it shouldn't be a big issue.

He'll be 100% up to speed by December and then hopefully show us what he's made of.

I've liked what he's shown in short bursts so far tbh.

Yea it's far too early to judge him, I will be doing that post Christmas.

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyone know how long he is out for ?

Deano said yesterday that he was touch and go for the arsenal game but didn't quite make it.

He also said he might join up with his national team if he passes a couple of tests over the next couple of days.

Will defo be back for next league game.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Deano said yesterday that he was touch and go for the arsenal game but didn't quite make it.

He also said he might join up with his national team if he passes a couple of tests over the next couple of days.

Will defo be back for next league game.

good. looking forward to seeing him get some time on the pitch for Villa

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Would like to see him from the start against Brighton.

I think it would still take another bad result to start him. Even then I think Smith would question his fitness. But I’m really interested in seeing him in our attack, he’ll add another dimension. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

He'd have to be pulling up trees in training to dislodge Trez.

Trez needs a breather sometimes. It's the one position we can afford to rotate, so might as well. Brighton at home is more suited to someone with guile like Traore than the industrious Trezeguet. 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

on the bench for Burkina Faso tonight, 2 up so probably not needed

Seems a shame for him to risk travelling if he's only just regained fitness and isn't even starting for his international side. The international break seems to be when the Covid cases flare up (in footballers).

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 02:42, ozvillafan said:

He'd have to be pulling up trees in training to dislodge Trez.

This. Last season I was all in for replacing Trez (though not before shipping out el Ghazi) but he’s been a revelation since project restart. I want to see what Traoré can do but Trez 100% deserves his place, so it’s got to be from the bench - for now at least. 

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Pointless signing. 

tantrum2.gif

He's played 200 minutes so far (scoring 1 goal) out of less than 10 games the club have played since he signed.

Konsa played 15 minutes in our first 11 league games, was he a pointless signing at that point too?

"Bertrand Traore and Ross Barkley are very good players and they will offer Villa something extra" - Jurgen Klopp

45 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Pointless signing. 

villalad creates alter ego of messi11 for a little extra trolling, and even goes through the trouble of switching back the villalad account to like the messi11 post. it's pretty admirable trolling dedication i must say

• Like 1

Â