Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

On 21/11/2020 at 17:37, villalad21 said:

Conor takes better set pieces and offer more in open play.

I don't think any of this is true.

Conor's set pieces are ok, they've not been great this season so far. And from what I've seen of Traore's (a small sample size I admit) they look excellent.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

The suggestion that Hourihane would offer more after Traore got an assist via a left-footed free kick 🤣 That's literally Conor's only thing. 

Not true.

Conor's runs into the box is a great asset. He has this ability to be at the right place at the right time. That's why he score so many goals from midfield. Lampard had this ability as well.

And something we'll miss when Barkley is out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Not true.

Conor's runs into the box is a great asset. He has this ability to be at the right place at the right time. That's why he score so many goals from midfield. Lampard had this ability as well.

And something we'll miss when Barkley is out

He's scored one goal for us since December last year 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, omariqy said:

He's scored one goal for us since December last year 

4 goals and 6 assists in 30 games ain't bad for a central midfielder.

No one is saying Conor is the answer but he is the best out of what is available imo

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

4 goals and 6 assists in 30 games ain't bad for a central midfielder.

No one is saying Conor is the answer but he is the best out of what is available imo

I love Conor but to say he's more effective than Bertrand Traore after Traore has only started basically two games is a bit much. Give him some time especially when we are looking for a number 10 replacement not a CM. 

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I love Conor but to say he's more effective than Bertrand Traore after Traore has only started basically two games is a bit much. Give him some time especially when we are looking for a number 10 replacement not a CM. 

Traore is so one footed.

Cutting inside to the left seems to be his only move. (Lyon fans warned us about this) and he seem very predictable to defend against.

Time will tell how it goes, but i have my concerns.

I think Connor is one of the most underrated Villa players of all time, even if he has some very obvious flaws.

I wouldn't know who is better to come in for Barkley between him and Traore, actually think it is nice problem for Dean to have.

I don't know how Traore will turn out for us, it's too early to judge, but I wouldn't say I had seen anything that made me concerned about him.

3 minutes ago, Rolta said:

If there was ever evidence that Villalad is a troll it came in this post where he complained about Traore being one footed, championing instead the very one-footed Hourihane.

Hourihane isn't a winger.

It is much less problematic if you're a central midfielder

We can't afford to have a one trick pony playing! Yes hes been fantastic for us and yes he can play well when the going is good but it's too risky imo. I think we need to invest minutes in Traore and use Connor as backup. If Dean picks Conor then fair play I will always back him and hope he scores but I just don't think he's the best option for us.

Dean will surely back his £19m signing to deliver in the next few games. Got to give him a run of starts you’d think. He has obvious qualities, one being his dead ball delivery. Just have to hope Jack can be as influential if he is moved from the left because I dont think he was as soon as he was moved on Saturday. 

Â