Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

On 25/11/2020 at 04:07, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Dean will surely back his £19m signing to deliver in the next few games. Got to give him a run of starts you’d think. He has obvious qualities, one being his dead ball delivery. Just have to hope Jack can be as influential if he is moved from the left because I dont think he was as soon as he was moved on Saturday. 

He offered a lot more than Trez and Hourihane did in his short spell today - defo start him against Newcastle (if we play them). 

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I would've started him in the Barkley role, very high up next to or just behind Watkins. 

He really should start against Newcastle. 

Yeah I'd go with him at 10, Grealish on the left and El Ghazi on the right. Hourihane and Trezeguet on after 60 minutes (when hopefully we are in a comfortable position).

• Like 1

I felt he was guilty of being way to slow on the ball every time he got it. Time and time again when we were in dire need of attacking fast, he slowed down, and made sue that West Ham had at least 10 players between the ball and the goal. Thought he was very ineffective. 

12 hours ago, tomav84 said:

agreed i don't think the wing is his position. but he's got a shot on him but at the mo he's reduced to cutting in and shooting from range. i'd like him to be as a 10

I said it in the pre match thread. Don't change up things that is working. Keep Grealish left and let Traore fill in for Barkley. He looks better whenever he is centrally.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I said it in the pre match thread. Don't change up things that is working. Keep Grealish left and let Traore fill in for Barkley. He looks better whenever he is centrally.

Probably his best position, yes.

You need your wingers to work hard, press well and be astute defensively. Traore isn't that guy

Edited by villalad21

• 2 weeks later...

Some players took around 6 months to finally get to grips with this league and the way we play. He’s had a few games. I really think we need to give the lad a chance. 

And before anybody says he has played in this league before so no excuse blah blah. That was a very long time ago!

On 01/12/2020 at 22:55, Villaphan04 said:

I really want to see him start (or play more) because I still don't know what he offers. 

If Klopp was thinking about bunging 30/40 million for him a year or so ago I think he potentially offers quite a lot 

I think, if he is a part of a front 4 it should be very fluid during a game - to give the opposition something to thing about and a constantly evolving challenge.  Traore can play 7, 9, 10 or 11, Jack can play 7, 10 or 11, Trez can play 7 or 11, Watkins can play 9 or 11.  I would love to see them constantly interchanging and seeing what works best during a game.  I don't understand why this is not done more, particularly when you have a bunch of players that are genuinely capable of playing in different positions.

Â