Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Not comparing their skill, just how they've struggled to get up to speed. Some of the same symptoms. Big difference in their ability as you say, and it shows in how Traore is still useful right now whereas Trez was abysmal last season when he wasn't up to speed with the league.

Fair point. 

I really hope we’ve seen the last of Trezeguet and El Ghazi getting as many minutes for us as they do. 

Watching Neto and Podence today just reminded me of how poor our wide players are (I class Grealish as a 10 who just happens to be amazing out wide too). 

You put Grealish in that Wolves side and they’re a helluva team. Conversely, if we had Neto and Podence, we’d be fighting for the top 6. Just shows that with a few more additions we have the capability to really go places as a squad.

Love the work Smith & NSWE are doing.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fair point. 

I really hope we’ve seen the last of Trezeguet and El Ghazi getting as many minutes for us as they do. 

Watching Neto and Podence today just reminded me of how poor our wide players are (I class Grealish as a 10 who just happens to be amazing out wide too). 

You put Grealish in that Wolves side and they’re a helluva team. Conversely, if we had Neto and Podence, we’d be fighting for the top 6. Just shows that with a few more additions we have the capability to really go places as a squad.

Wouldn't mind going back in for Rashica in January. Grealish, Rashica, Traore as first choice is a good upgrade, and will relegate Trez and Anwar to the backups they should be.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Wasnt today his first start in the League? 

His second. He went out injured early versus southampton. 

As for his play today. He looks like a guy learning to synch with his teammates. He already looks quicker and fitter compared to his earlier appearances. I'll keep the faith. 

Starting to get an understanding with his team mates. Good on the ball and is more of a Grealish on the wing than a Sancho/Rashford/Sterling. Which I would prefer a more direct pace player than anyone.  I also don't panic when he gets the ball unlike Trez 

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fair point. 

I think you often make a lot of good point, but how anyone that loves football can prefer watching Traore implementing pressure by walking rather than watching Trez run like his life depends on it, that's beyond me. Trez has not only been very good this season, but Traore has been poor. 

Traore was alright last match, nothing more. Bang average, but he still didn't work hard enough. And I'm willing to bet that one skill people wank over, he couldn't repeat if you gave him a 100 tries. 

Football is not only about what you can do with the ball, it's also about what you can do without it. And Trez is eons ahead of Traore on that. 

I'd much much prefer Trez in the team. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Starting to get an understanding with his team mates. Good on the ball and is more of a Grealish on the wing than a Sancho/Rashford/Sterling. Which I would prefer a more direct pace player than anyone.  I also don't panic when he gets the ball unlike Trez 

Definitely. But that's not what was needed. What we needed was an upgrade on Trez. We needed a hard working direct winger/right midfielder. You need balance in a system. Like Albrighton gave Mahrez or Beckham gave Giggs. Traore clogs up our system when he pulls inwards. And he also looks miles better as a CAM than a RW. 

This transfer has been weird from the start. He'll obviously find his feet with time, but it doesn't change the fact that this was a very strange signing if it intended to be replacing Trez.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Definitely. But that's not what was needed. What we needed was an upgrade on Trez. We needed a hard working direct winger/right midfielder. You need balance in a system. Like Albrighton gave Mahrez or Beckham gave Giggs. Traore clogs up our system when he pulls inwards. And he also looks miles better as a CAM than a RW. 

This transfer has been weird from the start. He'll obviously find his feet with time, but it doesn't change the fact that this was a very strange signing if it intended to be replacing Trez.

With you on this 100%. It just didn’t fit for me from the start. 

He’s definitely a capable squad player and he’ll get better but he isn’t the big improvement we needed I’m afraid. Unlike, Cash, Martinez and Watkins who have all had good seasons so far. 

• Like 1

Needs a goal, he has something special lurking in his game that if he can consistently find he will be a handful. 

Interesting watching Adama playing yesterday , who was largely inaffective ( well done Targett). Out of the two I would struggle to see which one had the better game and he has had years of premier league experience. We need to be patient with Bertrand and give him a chance to settle into his stride, could take a season ( how long did we give Adama.....let's learn our lesson) 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Traore was alright last match, nothing more. Bang average, but he still didn't work hard enough.

Football is not only about what you can do with the ball, it's also about what you can do without it. And Trez is eons ahead of Traore on that. 

I agree on their work rates but that is mainly because Trez has improved massively on this front. He was blowing out his arse after 10 minutes every game pre lockdown.

Traore was mismanaged and played out of position at Lyon last year, with limited minutes. On top of that Ligue 1 cancelled the second half of their season so he has had a massive amount of time without any football to build his fitness.

Trez has been managed well by a good set of coaches and has progressed markedly, the same will be true for BT but imho his ceiling is way way higher.

I agree that currently I'd rather Trez play the first 60 but then when he's tired them out I want Traore on to hurt them.

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And I'm willing to bet that one skill people wank over, he couldn't repeat if you gave him a 100 tries. 

Disagree here, his highlight reel is ludicrous, that wasn't a 1 in 100 for him, he's got this kind of stuff in his locker. He's already had a few moments like this and his willingness to try difficult things will earn us points this season I'm sure.

Edited by YouUnastanFren

Slightly controversial but I wonder if we'd be better off with Traore up front and Watkins on the right?

We know Traore has goals in him from his time at Lyon but he doesn't seem to have the work rate or pace required of a Premier league winger. Watkins has got pace to burn and works his arse off but doesn't have the size to bully defences.

Traore

Grealish Barkley Watkins

Seems like it would work better than 

Watkins

Grealish Barkley Traore

3 minutes ago, regular_john said:

Slightly controversial but I wonder if we'd be better off with Traore up front and Watkins on the right?

We know Traore has goals in him from his time at Lyon but he doesn't seem to have the work rate or pace required of a Premier league winger. Watkins has got pace to burn and works his arse off but doesn't have the size to bully defences.

Traore

Grealish Barkley Watkins

Watkins

Grealish Barkley Traore

Mmmmm. No. You are wrong.

42 minutes ago, regular_john said:

Traore

Grealish Barkley Watkins

Watkins

Grealish Barkley Traore

Nah we need Watkins brilliant hold up play

Â