Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

i think he will probably need half (or maybe all) of this season to settle and get up to speed.

Whether he proves a good buy who knows, but i will give him the season before i judge him fully, a fair few of our players needed the entire of last season almost to get up to speed.

Finally, if Traore doesnt cut it eventually, it was still a good transfer window, as it seems Martinez, Cash, Barkley & Watkins all were good signings for sure.

If Traore does cut it, great, if not it just means we once again need to improve our wing option(s), personally i still think, regardless of how Traore does, a DM & winger should be our priority transfer targets in Jan or next summer.

• Like 1

Traore shows some fine skills, quick with the ball at this feet and is a good passer.

He is new to the team and he needs some time, people should allow that.

Still think Traore and Trezeguet are too close to call in the discussion as to who is better.

Technically if Traore was on the end of some of those chances Trezeguet missed a few games ago I think he scores them. However Trezeguet seems to have a better work ethic and defends better.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

Needs to do better because he's shocking at the moment. Dont know if its his lack of pace, his decision making, his fitness or what but bar possibly 2 nice touches in the entire time he was on the pitch he was terrible... again. 

He needs benching and bringing on gradually when we are winning games until he earns his place.

• Like 2

Looks to have ability but mentally looked so slow in executing it and thus very frustrating to watch.  Some....few....nice little touches but generally needs to be a lot lot better.  Still early days for him at this club so I will give him time but needs to improve a fair bit if he is to be a regular in this team long term.

Thought he was quite poor today given his chance to shine. Poor passing few sliced clearances

To his credit he had one good trick at the end of the first half and a couple decent free kicks. 

long way to go to be at the standard we need him to be yet

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'd rather play Trez than wait 40 games for him to become good

That’s fine. I’m not saying Traore needs for 40 full games to get up to speed. I’m saying he needs time, coaching, SOME full games and plenty of minutes off the bench over the season to get up to speed. Look at Trez last season to this season. That improvement can be Traore next year if we manage him right. Thankfully we are much better stocked this season so we don’t NEED to play Traore for the next 40 games like we did for Trez last year!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Looks to have ability but mentally looked so slow in executing it and thus very frustrating to watch.  Some....few....nice little touches but generally needs to be a lot lot better.  Still early days for him at this club so I will give him time but needs to improve a fair bit if he is to be a regular in this team long term.

I know what you mean about the mentally comment. Sometimes he looks much quicker mentally than the rest of the side, his first time perfectly weighted passes is something no one else in the rest of the side does. Other times he looks a bit slow and ponderous but I think part of that is match sharpness and part of it is adjusting to the league. I think he’ll get better but could do with a goal/assist to lift his confidence/belief a bit. Signs already he’ll help Cash out in an attacking sense. Most we’ve seen from Cash going forward today. 

That back heel and nutmeg on 44' was pure class. It's clear that we have a real gem here. If the management team succeeds in developing him he can be really really good.  But he needs to do the basics and be switched on all the time, otherwise he runs the risk of being branded a luxury player who will only play a bit part.

Having said that I thought his commitment and defensive work was good today. He doesn't run and press as much as Trez, but hardly anyone does. I think the fact that Traoré does these exquisite moves make ppl like myself raise the bar for what I expect of him. He still needs time to bed in. 

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Reminds me of Trez when he first came through. Sometimes his brain and feet aren't on the same wavelength, and he tries things that worked in France but the timing isn't the same in this league. He just needs to get up to speed.

I think he’s the opposite of Trez to be honest, not sure I get that comparison. Traore is clearly a very gifted footballer, nice touch, nice weight of pass etc. Whether or not he can hack it in this league remains to be seen. 

Trezeguet is not a very good footballer. Tbh, I’m amazed he’s amassed the amount of appearances he has for Villa. He almost solely relies on running around but has very little quality outside of his work rate. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think he’s the opposite of Trez to be honest, not sure I get that comparison. Traore is clearly a very gifted footballer, nice touch, nice weight of pass etc. Whether or not he can hack it in this league remains to be seen. 

Trezeguet is not a very good footballer. Tbh, I’m amazed he’s amassed the amount of appearances he has for Villa. He almost solely relies on running around but has very little quality outside of his work rate. 

Not comparing their skill, just how they've struggled to get up to speed. Some of the same symptoms. Big difference in their ability as you say, and it shows in how Traore is still useful right now whereas Trez was abysmal last season when he wasn't up to speed with the league.

• Like 1

Â