Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Pochettino can like Emi all he wants....we cannot sell him to anyone.

He is also a recruiting sargeant to any new spanish prospects, contemplating, coming to us.

Emi is a catalyst to this project.....He must stay with us.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TRO said:

Pochettino can like Emi all he wants....we cannot sell him to anyone.

He is also a recruiting sargeant to any new spanish prospects, contemplating, coming to us.

Emi is a catalyst to this project.....He must stay with us.

It would be like knocking the keel out from the ship. No way, Pooch.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It would be like knocking the keel out from the ship. No way, Pooch.

some of the fee's reported like £33 m......are they drunk?

We would not sell Martinez and be serious about rebuilding, it would be totally retrograde.

So Poch is interested in him....what football manager isn't?

• Like 1

I haven't seen many stories 

Paired with the belief that 95% of the transfer window is bullshit peddled by the players agent makes me believe that there's no noise from the player himself to force a move or get more money or do anything 

There's fluffy stuff now de gea has left utd but it's piss water weak

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

OOf. Tim Vickery confirms that Martinez would consider a move to a Champions League club, though not unhappy at Villa. Report came out of Argentina.

Would be absolutely gutted.

I wouldn’t worry - no release clause so anyone who wants him badly enough would get absolutely rinsed. Very difficult to see it happening. 

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

OOf. Tim Vickery confirms that Martinez would consider a move to a Champions League club, though not unhappy at Villa. Report came out of Argentina.

That's not Chelsea then.

Man. United signing Onana seemingly and other three very happy with their first choices so pretty much a non story.

Are Atletico keeping Oblak to end of his deal as that's one maybe that coulld be an issue next summer if he goes on a free.

34 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I will eat my own cock, which in fairness is not much of a meal but still, if Emi is not still with us come the close of the transfer window. He is going nowhere.

Mark, that is quite the pledge! Given your admirable certainty, might I suggest you up the ante and go one step further by offering to livestream to Villatalk the consumption of your own cock?  I'm sure we could start a GoFundMe if you are worried about the HQ server capacity.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

We know this though, right. 

It's the case with every one of our players right now imo.

He signed a 5 and a half year deal after winning the Copa America didn't he ? When his profile had gone through the roof. Based on the project presented to him .  So if he wanted out he would have to watch us pricing him at the value we think he gives to our club . Which would be far in excess of what anyone would pay  i guess.  

27 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He signed a 5 and a half year deal after winning the Copa America didn't he ? When his profile had gone through the roof. Based on the project presented to him .  So if he wanted out he would have to watch us pricing him at the value we think he gives to our club . Which would be far in excess of what anyone would pay  i guess.  

Signed the deal just after Gerrard came in so was around December 2021.

Going nowhere.

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Been said a few times already in this thread but where would he go?   Martinez isn't going to try and force a move out of Villa, he's got four years left on his contract with the club.  He's never going to be more expensive for anybody who wants to buy than he is right now. 

Of the clubs who 1) could attract him and 2) could afford him, how many are in the market for a goalkeeper?   Manchester United are probably one of a very small group but reports today seem to indicate that as long as spectacularly mishandling the DDG contract situation (they offered him a new deal which he signed, then they refused to counter sign?) they don't want to pay as much the Inter want for £60m for Onana so they are looking for better value elsewhere.    Liverpool don't need a goalkeeper, Manchester City don't need a goalkeeper, Newcastle don't need a goalkeeper, Barcelona don't need a goalkeeper, Real Madrid don't need a goalkeeper, PSG don't need a goalkeeper, he won't sign for Spurs considering he's on a hiding to nothing if he goes (ex Arsenal, it's a borderline sideways move and their squad is in need of an overhaul) which might leave Chelsea who have two insanely expensive goalkeepers on their books already.  I'd only be worried if both of them end up in Saudi Arabia too. 

• Like 1

Anyone that wants to buy him is going to be asked for one if the biggest fees for a keeper in history. If they want to pay that kind of money, we can talk. But I'd be surprised if anyone that can pay that kind of money will want to.

Â