Emiliano Martínez

hippo

On 15/06/2023 at 09:37, MNVillan said:

Martinez is on record saying he wants European football. Chelsea can’t provide that this season

Chelsea, are they still in the premier league? I was only paying attention to the top half of the table 🍻😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, duke313 said:

De Gea not being kept by United.  How hard are the media going to try to sell Emi to them?

i was amazed that in the mirror article i read martinez wasn't mentioned as one of the 3 they claimed man u are targetting. pickford is one and the other 2 are in europe. they know nothing of course but was surprising nevertheless

it's a slight concern i'm not gonna lie because i think he's good pals with lisandro martinez

Never leave, what a guy and what a player.

Our best keeper ever, but he brings more than that with his character, influence, drive and determination. 

One of our key figures, so important.

• Like 1

Even more like  Peter Schmeichal than Kasper Schmiechal.  One on one he is a monster and claiming crosses even better.  Add to that the big personality and you get a keeper greater than the sum of his parts.  Whats that american term ? Clutch   . In those moments Martinez will always step up. 

It’s easy to underestimate the assurance and inspiration he provides, he gives us so much control, confidence and composure.

How difficult is it to find a keeper, let alone a player, who brings all that? It’s an incredibly important position.

Look how much we’ve struggled and suffered in the past and the absolute shite and cowardly personnel we’ve employed in that position… if you don’t get it right, you end up with a nervous and leaky defence and that anxiety spreads throughout the team. It’s horrendous to watch…

You only have to see what happens when Olsen has played but there are far worse examples (ffs Nyland).

Emi has wiped all that out and away!

To lose that would be a huge blow and extremely difficult to replace, extremely! I don’t think any of us ever imagined he would ever be so good and bring so much to the club or that we would get this calibre of GK. He has and continues to be immense for us - I don’t think we can afford to let him go, it would set us back hugely.

Maybe sometimes people are too focussed on the “on the pitch” effect and forget or overlook attributes and influence away from the pitch too… it’s massive.

You need leaders, characters and even figureheads in a team/squad to be successful and to help drive the others on… few better for us than Emi at that… and now he has a WC trophy to go along with all that…

These are the perfect kinds of players to build around and add to… I hope we can bring in more of the same ilk/type in other positions… just imagine how formidable we will be then!

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

I mean… look at what he’s done for Argentina, for Messi… Leo couldn’t have done it without him could he?

Credit is due and he is adored by their fans… rightly so.

We can’t let him go and I don’t think we will. Plus, he clearly loves it here and wants to take us as far as he can. Unai’s at the wheel, we’re going to fly!

• Like 1

I or someone else might have said this before but this guy prior to joining us has played 78 professional matches most of which were at Oxford, reading, Rotherham etc and then that little run for arsenal the season before we signed him and then since joining us he has played 110 times won the cops America and the World Cup while keeping 20 clean sheets in 30 games for Argentina and keeping clean sheets for fun for us. What an odd but remarkable career 

4 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I or someone else might have said this before but this guy prior to joining us has played 78 professional matches most of which were at Oxford, reading, Rotherham etc and then that little run for arsenal the season before we signed him and then since joining us he has played 110 times won the cops America and the World Cup while keeping 20 clean sheets in 30 games for Argentina and keeping clean sheets for fun for us. What an odd but remarkable career 

from the man himself.....

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, imavillan said:

fantastic goalkeeper and amazing stats for Argentina

Phenomenal.

He's got the winning mentality. Whatever his goalkeeping weaknesses (and I can't really think of any at the moment since he improved his distribution), they are more than made up for by the confidence he inspires in the team.

And if you want to win a cup, there isn't a better keeper in the world to help you do that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Seems to have gone quiet on the Martinez front, have the media gave up trying to sell him to the scum 6?

spacer.png

Â