Emiliano Martínez

hippo

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not necessarily. Every player has his price. 

I personally think it’s naive to think he wouldn’t want to leave if a big club came in for him and made a substantial offer. But I don’t think it will happen anyway so we can all chill. 

Weren't you also adamant Jack was going nowhere or was that someone else?

Had we went to Europe I think he’d have stayed. I think for Emi it’s better for him to stay and continue getting better rather than going somewhere and maybe not have the success as we’ve seen with some players. Having Emery is huge, he just won the WC as well and was one of the main ones to help. So he’s already written his name in the history what have he done on the biggest trophy. As long as he’s well paid I doubt he’d push for a go. But if he was offered crazy money then it’s totally different. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did anyone else see the Newsnow article titled " Everton to sign Emiliano Martinez " 

" Everton have already started making moves in the summer transfer market as Sean Dyche prepares for his first summer transfer window as the Everton manager. The Toffees escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth and in order to avoid such an occurrence, Everton need to strengthen their squad. The Blues of Liverpool are keeping a close eye on FC Midtjylland midfielder Emiliano Martinez."

I’m shocked they’ve missed that clickbait headline. Only a matter of time surely?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's absolutely noticeable that strikers actively panic when faced with him. 

It was as clear as daylight against both Spurs and Brighton. Doubts creep in to the strikers minds. They hesitate, they take extra touches.  They're beaten before they even get a shot away. 

Never seen that before, the psychological war is immense with this guy. He's absolutely priceless. 

Most underrated save of the season was one on one with Kane early in second half of the game a few weeks back. Was only 1-0 at that stage and Kane just slots that in the far corner 9/10 chances he gets.

On the replay he tried to give Emi the eyes and go the other side and Emi read it perfectly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Sad day, really liked Brad Friedel but in skysports interview he just gave, he said that spurs should sign Emi , lost all respect for him now 

Why on earth would you lose respect for him. He's a pundit being paid to give his opinion.

• Like 1

I reckon he’ll give it another season to see if we can crack top 4. If not, next summer might be a difficult conversation. For now I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Why on earth would you lose respect for him. He's a pundit being paid to give his opinion.

One club in decline and the other heading the opposite direction, 

When spurs lose kane we are way ahead of them and this so called top six is dead in the water,

So him saying Emi should go there , shows us no respect. If he has no respect for us , why should we respect him?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pete101 said:

When spurs lose kane we are way ahead of them and this so called top six is dead in the water,

So him saying Emi should go there , shows us no respect. If he has no respect for us , why should we respect him?

God people are precious :D 

• Haha 1

On 03/06/2023 at 10:39, sidcow said:

It's absolutely noticeable that strikers actively panic when faced with him. 

It was as clear as daylight against both Spurs and Brighton. Doubts creep in to the strikers minds. They hesitate, they take extra touches.  They're beaten before they even get a shot away. 

Never seen that before, the psychological war is immense with this guy. He's absolutely priceless. 

They also "think" that they need to be absolutely precise with their placement (rather than just getting it on target) which results in more shots missing on the wrong side of the post (for them).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pete101 said:

Don't worry, when Emi is doing the helicopter with his wang in front of the TV cameras after saving a penalty at Spurs during our 5-0 pasting of them next season at their place, you won't care what Brad said about him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Do you actually mean "to get clicks", rather than "give a balanced opinion".

We all know clicks are more important than truth/facts these days.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Do you actually mean "to get clicks", rather than "give a balanced opinion".

We all know clicks are more important than truth/facts these days.

Depends on the individual, but yeah, can't stand that

Edited by Tom13

Â