Emiliano Martínez

hippo

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Villa would ask an insane amount from United for Martinez. We’re talking £80-£100m. 

Im so relaxed about the Martinez situation. I can’t see anybody spending the amount we’d want for him and if somebody does, well, we’ll have a LOT more money to play with this window. 

We should try and keep at all costs though for sure. 

Yeah this. 

I've said it before in here but if he wants to go then we're looking at a world record fee. I don't see any way it can be argued he's not worth that given his current reputation in the game.

I want us to keep him. But if he does go we're getting insane money for him, and the silver lining is he actually isn't worth that on ability, so you could argue selling would be the sensible thing to do.

That is of course on the assumption we'd adequately replace him, which I'm not sure we would (hence my preference being to keep him)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I'd argue United do need one. De Gea has been awful this season,  and it's a trend that is getting worse.

Whether they can afford to spend so much on replacing him is another matter. 

Really? After he got most clean sheets in the league? Granted it’s not down to just him, but he does have to sometime contend with Maguire being in front of him. 

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/clean_sheet

If De Gea does go then they will to replace but if they are looking at Kane then there is zero chance they could afford both.

He has to stay with our project, he is central to our journey.....so the predators can do one.

apart from being an Elite goalkeeper, he is a kindred spirit around BMH.....He has a similar axe to grind as our manager, both have been doubted, gaslighted and tested....Their faith can now flourish with us, this is far more powerful than chasing trophies at souless clubs....their time has to come with us.

I think his personality, his influence and desire, is irreplaceable.

• Like 3

Chelsea are open to offers for both Kepa Arrizabalaga and Edouard Mendy, talkSPORT understands.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino wants to bring in a new number one this summer.

And he is interested in both Inter Milan’s Andre Onana and Aston Villa World Cup winner Emi Martinez.

Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Pochettino wants goalkeeper revamp, two players to be offered for Onana, latest on Mount to Man United | talkSPORT

Talksh#te at it again 

they've spent the best part of £150ml quid on two keepers and still both are mediocre. Such an astonishing waste of money that. Good luck flogging them. 

Honestly, hope Chelsea fail to get europe again next season, it'll be so funny. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, markc said:

Chelsea are open to offers for both Kepa Arrizabalaga and Edouard Mendy, talkSPORT understands.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino wants to bring in a new number one this summer.

And he is interested in both Inter Milan’s Andre Onana and Aston Villa World Cup winner Emi Martinez.

Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Pochettino wants goalkeeper revamp, two players to be offered for Onana, latest on Mount to Man United | talkSPORT

Talksh#te at it again 

I'll take a Kepa swap deal plus 50m

They want Onana the most I reckon. He would be a good signing for them he’s a top keeper. Thankfully this points to all directions that Emi is staying. Man Utd want Diogo, Spurs agreeing personal terms for Raya and Chelsea after Onana/Maignan

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Talksport was on in the car earlier and they mentioned Chelsea will look to prioritise Martinez...

Media love selling Villa players don't they?

Its almost as if they are goading Villa and Chelsea fans into calling up!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Linked with Benfica’s Greek keeper. You know what that means.

the one who signed a new contract with them 3 months ago with a €60m buy out clause ?

Edited by tonyh29

Said it previously but I think the likes of Chelsea absolutely will be interested but it'll end up working in our favour that there's younger, cheaper and also quality options out there for these sides. The likes of Onana, Maignan, Raya etc are more available than Martinez will be for varying reasons and aren't exactly massive downgrades on him.

Â