Emiliano Martínez

hippo

On 27/06/2023 at 12:33, imavillan said:

fantastic goalkeeper and amazing stats for Argentina

Quite the underachiever. £25m sounds like a fair price.

• Like 1

He saw us upgrade the defense in front of him in a major way this week. We went and got him off the pine in Arsenal. He is signed with us through the approximate date of the heat death of the universe. 

Manure can, as always, get fuuuuuuckkkkkeeeeeddddd. 

• Like 2

Fairly confident Emi is happy to stay with us for another season and try and shoot for a Champions League spot. The unlikely alternative is an astronomical fee. Beyond that I think he goes which I would have no complaints with.

13 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Yeah, and maybe they'll throw in a few extra new Man United kits for everyone to sweeten the deal lol. 😉 

This puts us in a difficult position, he could run down his contract until 2027 and then leave for nothing. I think we probably have to cash in

Possibly agent looking for a new contract? To be fair, if he's one of the best goalkeepers in the world, he's worth over 100m to us, he should be being paid accordingly.

We gave him the new contract before the world cup didn't we?

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Lazy links. United need a GK Emi is a brilliant GK ergo links.

But it isn't a 'lazy link'. It's a prominent journalist and South American football expert, reporting on what he's heard coming from the Argentinian camp.

I hope King Unai is waiting on Emi's doorstep as we speak.

31 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

But it isn't a 'lazy link'. It's a prominent journalist and South American football expert, reporting on what he's heard coming from the Argentinian camp.

I hope King Unai is waiting on Emi's doorstep as we speak.

We won't sell him. We'd then need to find a new GK etc.. and it's not planned. Stronger reports with United for Inter and PSV keepers. 

My guess is he wants a pay bump 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

This puts us in a difficult position, he could run down his contract until 2027 and then leave for nothing. I think we probably have to cash in

I don't know. Villa don't need more money as far as I understand matters; we do need a deeper, CL-level squad. We're already in the market for a second keeper. Emi more than deserves a higher salary, imo. He makes less than Lucas Digne and Coutinho, for instance. Top up his yerba, I say.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

45 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I don't know. Villa don't need more money as far as I understand matters; we do need a deeper, CL-level squad. We're already in the market for a second keeper. Emi more than deserves a higher salary, imo. He makes less than Lucas Digne and Coutinho, for instance. Top up his yerba, I say.

Dude he's obviously being sarcastic. 27? That's what 4 seasons away for a 30 year old. And then he'll have been here 7 seasons. And potentially have won 5 medals with Argentina by then. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

That's not Chelsea then.

Man. United signing Onana seemingly and other three very happy with their first choices so pretty much a non story.

Are Atletico keeping Oblak to end of his deal as that's one maybe that coulld be an issue next summer if he goes on a free.

It would open a door at Inter for a keeper. Many Argentinians are heroes at Inter

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Dude he's obviously being sarcastic. 27? That's what 4 seasons away for a 30 year old. And then he'll have been here 7 seasons. And potentially have won 5 medals with Argentina by then. 

giphy.gif

Am I over thinking it, Man Utd let David de Gea's contract to expire, Talksport have Tim Vickery saying Martinez wants to play Champions league football and links Martinez with a move to Man Utd? How much would it cost them £70 million?

3 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Am I over thinking it, Man Utd let David de Gea's contract to expire, Talksport have Tim Vickery saying Martinez wants to play Champions league football and links Martinez with a move to Man Utd? How much would it cost them £70 million?

Man U don’t have the money currently to buy Emi cording to all reports.  They’ve just spent £55m on Mount, they desperately are scouting for a striker which you assume will be a pretty penny so they aren’t going to have the bucks we would even consider entertaining for Emi.  Too many active reports they are after the Inter keeper really.  The Saudi takeover is really hindering them buying because their owners aren’t going to spend if they have to, if they are selling the club.

Â