Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Emi wants to play in Europe. Villa are in Europe, Chelsea are not.

I'm not naive, just as Jack left, so could Emi. But I do think it would only be for CL side. 

I thought United might be a risk this summer but looks like they've gone for Onana.

• Like 1

On 13/07/2023 at 11:56, Wurzel said:

Talksport talking about Chelsea wanting Emi. It is going to cost them BIG.

Nearly every club in the world want Emi, he's the best there is. We need to get used to it, he won't be last and he isn't the first, £100m+ is what it will take.

• Like 3

As it stands we have Emi and Olsen as keepers that you could play in the Prem.  Sinisalo going on loan. Steer has left. Marschall has been playing non league the last couple of seasons.

And i think all of us would agree we need to upgrade Olsen . 

So even if they offered £80 million we would turn it down as we simply do not have any keepers !!! 

I'll only start thinking he might leave if we sign a genuinely quality "backup". If we sign someone with potential,  young 20's as a backup then I'll be very happy as no way we'll expect them to cover the season, and no way we'll let him go before we have his replacement. 

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

75 million is no where near enough. We wouldn't sell him for less than 100, so it's clearly rubbish. Also, I don't actually think he'd leave us for Chelsea.

I wouldn't be so sure... Its hypothetical as I don't think they'd stump up the cash or we'd accept but modern football is shit enough that even a sound logic defying thing like joining Chelsea right now would still happen, us finishing above them last year doesn't change enough

29 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

As it stands we have Emi and Olsen as keepers that you could play in the Prem.  Sinisalo going on loan. Steer has left. Marschall has been playing non league the last couple of seasons.

And i think all of us would agree we need to upgrade Olsen . 

So even if they offered £80 million we would turn it down as we simply do not have any keepers !!! 

Olsen is not prem level, he's dreadful.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Olsen is not prem level, he's dreadful.

Agree totally . Was just being kind. So in reality we have one keeper who we could play in the Prem. EMI. We are not exactly covered are we. In fact its a priority to sort out. 

52 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Agree totally . Was just being kind. So in reality we have one keeper who we could play in the Prem. EMI. We are not exactly covered are we. In fact its a priority to sort out. 

Yeah, we definitely need to get a better backup keeper. Can't see us selling Emi tbh. 

We should be preparing now for Emi’s departure in the next 12 to 36 months depending on how well we progress on the pitch. We need a young keeper with a very high ceiling who is willing to learn from Emi and play the lesser cup games until they become the number one. 

On 13/07/2023 at 11:56, Wurzel said:

Talksport talking about Chelsea wanting Emi. It is going to cost them BIG.

Talksport love talking rubbish. It gets people phoning in, particularly if big clubs are involved (of the two, obviously that applies to us). They might want him, we might want Kane, but neither of us are going to get either player. By the way, how many players do Chelsea think they can buy?:rolleyes:

Â