Emiliano Martínez

hippo

On 29/05/2023 at 21:18, AvfcRigo82 said:

You can just tell Martinez is different.

He wouldn't be going all over social media telling everyone he is trying to get as many of his world cup winning team mates to join Villa if he is intending to piss off 5 minutes later, would he?

Something about Martinez is different to those other two serpents you mention.

In all fairness,  they said they wouldn’t invade the Falklands

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

On 29/05/2023 at 21:18, AvfcRigo82 said:

You can just tell Martinez is different.

He wouldn't be going all over social media telling everyone he is trying to get as many of his world cup winning team mates to join Villa if he is intending to piss off 5 minutes later, would he?

Something about Martinez is different to those other two serpents you mention.

Still a naive view IMO. Martinez hasn't posted those quotes himself on social media. Of course he'd say those things and still be open to leaving.

If a big offer was made and the club accepted then yes, Martinez would leave.  Any player would. 

But he’s not about to force a move and it would take one hell of an offer for the club to accept it. 

So I think fans need to relax. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If a big offer was made and the club accepted then yes, Martinez would leave.  Any player would. 

But he’s not about to force a move and it would take one hell of an offer for the club to accept it. 

So I think fans need to relax. 

I think getting into Europe this year (and yes it is only the third category) was really important.  Emi has a chance to play in a European club competition (and hopefully do well in it) next season - also gives us another season to hopefully perform on a similar level (or better) in the league / cups.  If we are competing in the latter stages of these things it makes it much less likely that he will leave as (a) we can show that he can realise some of his club ambitions here and (b) the number of clubs who can offer him a better chance of doing so starts to reduce (I mean the links to Spurs pre end of the season we can basically ignore now).  Of course I also thought that the green shoots might have been enough to keep Jack for one more season.  But at least this time we've achieved everything (and some) that the new manager has promised so it's not quite so much "give us another season to prove we can do it".  

8 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Still a naive view IMO.

It really isn't.

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If that happened, it would mean the club were trying force him out.

Even if a big offer was made, I cannot see him wanting to leave.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Lets face it, Spurs, Chelsea etc.. isn't a step up this year. Doubt he would return to Arsenal. Newcastle have Pope. City don't need him. So any move would be abroad - honestly don't think he'd want to leave when we've just achieved Europe. He's here next season for sure.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, allani said:

I think getting into Europe this year (and yes it is only the third category) was really important.  Emi has a chance to play in a European club competition (and hopefully do well in it) next season - also gives us another season to hopefully perform on a similar level (or better) in the league / cups.  If we are competing in the latter stages of these things it makes it much less likely that he will leave as (a) we can show that he can realise some of his club ambitions here and (b) the number of clubs who can offer him a better chance of doing so starts to reduce (I mean the links to Spurs pre end of the season we can basically ignore now).  Of course I also thought that the green shoots might have been enough to keep Jack for one more season.  But at least this time we've achieved everything (and some) that the new manager has promised so it's not quite so much "give us another season to prove we can do it".  

I'd say that the world cup win has helped massively too in that respect. It's career pinnacle stuff and could well have scratched that itch enough that he's not obsessed with the CL.

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It really isn't.

If that happened, it would mean the club were trying force him out.

Even if a big offer was made, I cannot see him wanting to leave.

Not necessarily. Every player has his price. 

I personally think it’s naive to think he wouldn’t want to leave if a big club came in for him and made a substantial offer. But I don’t think it will happen anyway so we can all chill. 

Weren't you also adamant Jack was going nowhere or was that someone else?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'd say that the world cup win has helped massively too in that respect. It's career pinnacle stuff and could well have scratched that itch enough that he's not obsessed with the CL.

I would be reassured if we sign an Argentine international early in the window.  I'd almost not care whether they would fit into the team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allani said:

I would be reassured if we sign an Argentine international early in the window.  I'd almost not care whether they would fit into the team.

Foyth - kill two birds with one stone. 

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I personally think it’s naive to think he wouldn’t want to leave if a big club came in for him and made a substantial offer.

Yes, like it's equally as naive thinking he would want to leave if some so-called big club were to approach for him, given what he has accomplished because of Villa.

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Weren't you also adamant Jack was going nowhere or was that someone else?

Brilliant.

I don't see what Joe Grealish has anything to do with a discussion about Martinez???

FYI, I think you're getting confused with RigoITK, I believe he's long gone though.  😎

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes, like it's equally as naive thinking he would want to leave if some so-called big club were to approach for him, given what he has accomplished because of Villa.

Brilliant.

I don't see what Joe Grealish has anything to do with a discussion about Martinez???

FYI, I think you're getting confused with RigoITK, I believe he's long gone though.  😎

It was you wasn’t it? ;)

Dont jinx it for us again mate 😊 

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Genuinely in disbelief at this view.

• Like 1

I find it mad that Emi is 30 and has 110 appearances (Wiki) for us, with his second most appearances coming for Argentina (28).

That's a fairly fresh goalkeeper all things considered.

• Thanks 1

Â