Matty Cash

paul514

14 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I thought he did very well against arguably the most potent attacker in World Football at this moment in time.

He didn't get much help from the right winger either. 

Hope he has a good rest now and comes back ready for the Liverpool match. 

thought the right winger badly exposed him and offered zero coverage when matty tried to go forward

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Surely that includes world cup qualifiers as well? What if you team never qualified for the world cup? U would never see the ban

Even if Poland qualify in 2026 he wont face a ban. It's just for this tournament only unless he gets a red card then he serves a qualifier ban

Veeeery split opinion in Polish media on Matty's performance.

Some praise him, other say he was a massive disappointment.

I think he did ok, did not shine, but hardly anyone did. He did very well against France in my opinion. 

I think a year of Gerrard ball has really limited him, he used to be braver under Smith and go forward more often. 

I think he will return to top form in the coming months, Emery will do wonders with him.

3 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I think he did ok, did not shine, but hardly anyone did. He did very well against France in my opinion. 

I think a year of Gerrard ball has really limited him, he used to be braver under Smith and go forward more often. 

I think he will return to top form in the coming months, Emery will do wonders with him.

I thought he did OK yesterday but he has probably never played against a player directly like that in the Premier League, closest is probably Son or Zaha but they are still levels below Mbappe. 

I think the Poland manager should have put Berezynski at right back and Cash ahead of him yesterday to cover Mbappe but truth is he only got the space to score the 2 goals when Poland were tired and attacking for an equaliser

I thought Cash played reasonably well. Nothing to be ashamed of, but nothing special. Which is kind of what you'd expect of a mid-table right back playing in a mid-level international side against Messi and Mbappe.

Those of you who live in Poland, what's the reaction been to his attitude? Think he's come off as a bit of an adventure tourist enjoying the holiday in some of his interviews... which I can completely understand... it's probably exactly how any of us would feel, but wonder how diehard Polish fans would react to it? Reminds me a bit of when Owen Hargreaves rocked up in the England squad.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I thought Cash played reasonably well. Nothing to be ashamed of, but nothing special. Which is kind of what you'd expect of a mid-table right back playing in a mid-level international side against Messi and Mbappe.

Those of you who live in Poland, what's the reaction been to his attitude? Think he's come off as a bit of an adventure tourist enjoying the holiday in some of his interviews... which I can completely understand... it's probably exactly how any of us would feel, but wonder how diehard Polish fans would react to it? Reminds me a bit of when Owen Hargreaves rocked up in the England squad.

This is it - it's mindbogglingly unreasonable to expect him to keep either of those two quiet 😂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

already linked up with the team in Dubai but expect he’ll be given some time off to rest. 

great to see Carlos there too! 

Bailey flicking the Vs you gotta laugh 😃 

• Haha 2

On 05/12/2022 at 14:45, Mic09 said:

That does not surprise me.

On 05/12/2022 at 14:45, Mic09 said:

Amazed at that. He was part of a defence that kept two clean sheets out of four. In Argentina game Poland basically forfeited any attacking and just sat back so he had to defend constantly and I thought he did well.

Harder v France but couple of times his positioning was good and he got infront of Mbappe, think Kyle Walker will find it much more difficult on Saturday.

I can't see any part of his performance where he was "a massive disappointment" but perhaps some are unhappy he's been parachuted into the 11 ahead of whoever their first choice RB was in the actual qualifiers. 

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Amazed at that. He was part of a defence that kept two clean sheets out of four. In Argentina game Poland basically forfeited any attacking and just sat back so he had to defend constantly and I thought he did well.

Harder v France but couple of times his positioning was good and he got infront of Mbappe, think Kyle Walker will find it much more difficult on Saturday.

I can't see any part of his performance where he was "a massive disappointment" but perhaps some are unhappy he's been parachuted into the 11 ahead of whoever their first choice RB was in the actual qualifiers. 

They moved Bereszynski to left back

14 hours ago, theboyangel said:

already linked up with the team in Dubai but expect he’ll be given some time off to rest. 

great to see Carlos there too! 

He played 4 football matches for Poland early in a football season. He'll be fine to get straight back into training. We don't have a competitive football game for almost 3 weeks

Â