Matty Cash

paul514

27 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Was there a high kick that should have been a second yellow? I swear I didn't dream it.

Yes there was, it could be a second yellow also, but it wasn't so serious. Far worse was an elbow hit during a jump, it could be straight red (although very soft one), but was 100% second yellow... We were very, very, very lucky - it was in 20th minute of the game and only a couple minutes after Matty's first booking.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, rooster85 said:

well, I and a lot of people here think that he is definietely underperforming. Today he was crucial for setting the goal, but other than that he was very nervous and he should be send off for a second yellow 😕

I’ve long stopped listening to fans on here. Most of them don’t know their arse from their elbows when it comes to football. 

Just now, WHY said:

I’ve long stopped listening to fans on here. Most of them don’t know their arse from their elbows when it comes to football. 

Just to clarify, by saying "here" I've meant Polish fans and Polish journos.

14 minutes ago, rooster85 said:

Just to clarify, by saying "here" I've meant Polish fans and Polish journos.

Ah, gotcha. Find it odd that you haven’t conceded a goal but they say he’s under performing. Even more odd that at the same stage of the previous World Cup Poland and conceded 5 goals and were already out. 

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, WHY said:

Ah, gotcha. Find it odd that you haven’t conceded a goal but they say he’s under performing. Even more odd that at the same stage of the previous World Cup Poland and conceded 5 goals and were already out. 

So he can't be underperforming just because they haven't conceded?

Edited by Tom13

32 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

So he can't be underperforming just because they haven't conceded?

I’ve watched both games he’s played and he’s contributed both defensively and going forward so if they think he’s underperforming I have no idea what they are basing it on given their previous poor performances at World Cups.

14 hours ago, rooster85 said:

well, I and a lot of people here think that he is definietely underperforming. Today he was crucial for setting the goal, but other than that he was very nervous and he should be send off for a second yellow 😕

I’m surprised they think he’s under performing because from what I’ve seen he has been exactly as he always is- pretty solid defensively, ok going forward and susceptible to a rash challenge leading to a card. That’s not underperforming, that’s Matty Cash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’m surprised they think he’s under performing because from what I’ve seen he has been exactly as he always is- pretty solid defensively, ok going forward and susceptible to a rash challenge leading to a card. That’s not underperforming, that’s Matty Cash.

That would actually be overperforming, as he's poor going forward. But it's a fair point.

Messi and Di Maria running at him hard tonight!

Done alright 1v1 so far but just doesn't have that positioning sense to defend that back post cross. Have been a few warning signs already and can see Argentina scoring that way. Messi > Acuna or whoever is at the back post.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Poland are dismal and France really should be sticking 3-4 past them.

Cashy looks very comfortable stepping up so far though, been impressive.

Thought he looked tired but did ok. I noticed he tried to do a few overlapping runs but didn’t get given the ball such was the determination of Poland not to go forward.

Â