Matty Cash

paul514

In all the video pieces I’ve seen he looks like a kid in a sweet shop with the thought of the World Cup. Fair play to him focussing on his Polish as well as it’s obviously not his first language. Hoping he has a good tournament and comes back unscathed. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Really looking forward to watching Cash and Poland, more so than watching England (are Villa fans unique in this feeling? - might take this Q to the world cup thread) .

Our form is really poor. It's hard to watch :)

4 minutes ago, burchy said:

I didn’t see the game due to work. Sounds like he played well as his match score on the BBC game page was high. Did him win the pen?

I thought he was solid enough, did have that usual suspect in the air when a back post cross was hung up and the attacker had a run on him, he did just about enough to stop a clean header, also had a brilliant piece of defending vs lozano (who's a good player) late on where he put his body across the line of the ball perfectly and drew a fou, I though attacking wise it's hard to judge because Poland were so poor in general, he underhit a few crosses which seemed to be a problem for everyone in the game but he ran his socks off and battled, sounds strange but in a game that didn't have many PL players he made a couple of PL style bursts forward that we're used to but in the context of last night stood out, Poland need to let him do it more

Hard to see anyone giving him below a 6 or a 7, he was just a perfectly fine average performance, did nothing wrong but nothing great either

• Thanks 1

1.14 is the header that Mexico nearly scored from, its hard to defend because of the way the ball is lifted it favours the attacker but I think cash is susceptible to that ball, I've seen villa concede on those with him, like I said he's done just enough to prevent a clean header but they could/should have scored from that

Can't find the clip of his great defending though

Â