Matty Cash

paul514

Whether it's against MBappe & Messi, or a League Two winger, Cash always plays in the same way...as it's an edge of the game battle, to the point where he is scrambling most of the time.

Very little composure when moving forward. 

• Like 1

Has stopped crossing the half way line, thus his best attribute, arriving late and getting the ball into the box is gone.

Something isn't right. He was rested for the longest time, has been playing in third gear for a while now, not pushing it and he went off injured.

I think he's carrying something. Maybe he needs surgery.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Has stopped crossing the half way line, thus his best attribute, arriving late and getting the ball into the box is gone.

Something isn't right. He was rested for the longest time, has been playing in third gear for a while now, not pushing it and he went off injured.

I think he's carrying something. Maybe he needs surgery.

The only thing that's stopping me from criticising him for this is that he slowed everything down so much in the first half, and really never went forward, that I suspect that was the tactic he was given. 

• Like 1

I know you think you went under the radar Mr cash, because half the team decided to commit hari kari.

but you didn't, I noticed you, and you weren't much better.

We need a new left and right back.

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

I would "cash" in. His stock is pretty high, we should get a decent fee in order to upgrade him. I'm worried about his direction of travel currently. 

I believe the esteemed Steven Gerrard wasn't interested in selling him for a substantial profit. Over £20m more than we paid.

He looked better in the second half playing with more freedom but still refuses to cross. He shouldn’t be caught out as easily as he does, since he doesn’t have the pace. We badly need quality competition for our full backs. 

I noticed Ludwig was getting forward a lot down the left but Cash wouldn't get forward, and kept turning back to play the safe ball.  I think I read somewhere that Emery likes his LB to get forward but not the RB so maybe it's instructions - seems somewhat bizarre however, but then we did have Bailey supposedly providing the width on the right. 

But I've never been convinced by Cash anyway, he always seems to struggles against good wingers or wide midfielders like Harvey Barnes, he loses a lot of heading duels at the back post, and when he did get forward he rarely has the confidence to take a man on, and his crossing and shooting has generally been poor.  I think we need better.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Segundo said:

I noticed Ludwig was getting forward a lot down the left but Cash wouldn't get forward, and kept turning back to play the safe ball.  I think I read somewhere that Emery likes his LB to get forward but not the RB so maybe it's instructions - seems somewhat bizarre however, but then we did have Bailey supposedly providing the width on the right. 

But I've never been convinced by Cash anyway, he always seems to struggles against good wingers or wide midfielders like Harvey Barnes, he loses a lot of heading duels at the back post, and when he did get forward he rarely has the confidence to take a man on, and his crossing and shooting has generally been poor.  I think we need better.  

This, Cash isn't expected to attack often down the right, the role is to cover a fast winger playing ahead of him. This is what we'll see once we sign some new players

Â