Matty Cash

paul514

Have to say I'm amazed hardly anyone is being linked to Jaydon Bogle. He's always struck me as one of the better championship RBs. Regular for Derby and can get in a fantastic cross which is reflected in the amount of assists he makes.

Saw him linked to Fulham the other day, would Derby really want more for him than Forest want for Cash?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I'd be concerned if the majority of our business is done with Championship clubs.   With the names we've been linked to,  that may well be the case. 

I think you've to earn the right to attract higher talent though. Of the club's that finished around us, nobody is really punching above their weight attracting players. Brighton, give them their fair dues, have done quality business. There's almost a shock amongst some fans like " what's Rasicha playing at turning us down " We barely survived relegation. And apparently Leipzig want him also. What would you do. 

44 minutes ago, useless said:

Doherty's proven in the premier league but that aside I'm not sure I'd call him the far superior player, Cash was just as good if not better than Doherty was when he was in the championship with Wolves, and I think Doherty is a player than benefits a lot from the Wolves system and how well drilled it is, take him out of that system and I'm not sure he'd be as good, also think he's one of those players that gets rated better than he is because of his goals and assists which of course are important but not truely representive of his overall ability.

A bit like Moses and Alonso under Conte's Chelsea, playing a 3-4-2-1 can make average full backs/wingers look better than they are. Doherty is useful now but pre Nuno was not a potential PL full back and if Mourinho puts him in a back 4 he could be found a little wanting.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Second time I’ve seen this. Do you honestly think we’d be the only club that tried to sign Aarons?

No idea, what I do know is if you don't try and buy them you don't get them.

He hasn’t even signed for us, let alone kick a ball. Don’t think it’s fair to write him off quite yet. Sure he could be a dud, but so could any signing.

If you assembled a Championship all-star team, they’d finish maybe 15th in the Prem. If you assemble a championship all-star team and add in Jack/McGinn/Mings/Heaton, I don’t think 12th is out of the realm of possibility.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Mateo Denaro: talented young right back, plays for Chievo. Was interesting Chelsea a couple of years ago.

Mateus da Dineiro: talented young right back, plays for Zaragoza. Was interesting Chelsea a couple of years ago. 

The 10 Best Spider-Man Pointing Memes | CBR

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

He hasn’t even signed for us, let alone kick a ball. Don’t think it’s fair to write him off quite yet. Sure he could be a dud, but so could any signing.

If you assembled a Championship all-star team, they’d finish maybe 15th in the Prem. If you assemble a championship all-star team and add in Jack/McGinn/Mings/Heaton, I don’t think 12th is out of the realm of possibility.

I like this way of thinking, genuinely, but I can't help feel apprehensive about the apparent focus on Championship players particularly. I worry that even a Championship all star team would be relegated (most teams need to make big changes after promotion) and that even with our few gems, grabbing about a third of the team from the Championship would mean another relegation scrap.

But, and this is arguably just as important, what does it convey about us to future and current players. Will the likes of Grealish, McGinn, Mings want to stay here for what feels like being baby steps forward?

I don't want to feel so uninspired and it might be wholly unfair (and I hope very wrong!) but I can't help feel that even if we got Watkins, Benrahma and Cash in that the step forward would be quite small at best. That maybe the most prudent, sensible, economically viable way of doing it but it's still a little underwhelming.

I don't expect hundreds of millions to be spent on a Man Cityesque team but do feel it's not much to hope for, especially after surviving, to get one or two fairly safe standout players people can be genuinely excited about - he won't come but Abraham is that sort of player, not astronomical fee/wages not really a world beater but a comfortable top half player that would excite the fans and obviously be a much bigger step forward.

Another window of buying £10-15m players won't push us on much. It doesn't buy you much. Is Cash OBVIOUSLY much better than what we have or just more of the same/depth? Not necessarily a bad thing just not a big enough improvement to be exciting.

• Like 4

I believe that if we are going to do more than have another relegation fight next season we need to do better that bringing in players from lower divisions and then resting our hopes on the possibility they play above themselves, I mean, how much better is he than what we have got. How is a 12 mil player going to hold up against the likes of Man U/City Lpool Chelsea Spurs when he has been used to the likes of  Luton Barnsley, QPR. All the talk about the new owner swanting tho take Villa back to being a top team is not going to happen without bringing in some established class players. If they are going to spend the rumoured 100mil then get 3 players that will make a difference, not 6 who are only there to push what we already have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I like this way of thinking, genuinely, but I can't help feel apprehensive about the apparent focus on Championship players particularly. I worry that even a Championship all star team would be relegated (most teams need to make big changes after promotion) and that even with our few gems, grabbing about a third of the team from the Championship would mean another relegation scrap.

But, and this is arguably just as important, what does it convey about us to future and current players. Will the likes of Grealish, McGinn, Mings want to stay here for what feels like being baby steps forward?

I don't want to feel so uninspired and it might be wholly unfair (and I hope very wrong!) but I can't help feel that even if we got Watkins, Benrahma and Cash in that the step forward would be quite small at best. That maybe the most prudent, sensible, economically viable way of doing it but it's still a little underwhelming.

I don't expect hundreds of millions to be spent on a Man Cityesque team but do feel it's not much to hope for, especially after surviving, to get one or two fairly safe standout players people can be genuinely excited about - he won't come but Abraham is that sort of player, not astronomical fee/wages not really a world beater but a comfortable top half player that would excite the fans and obviously be a much bigger step forward.

Another window of buying £10-15m players won't push us on much. It doesn't buy you much. Is Cash OBVIOUSLY much better than what we have or just more of the same/depth? Not necessarily a bad thing just not a big enough improvement to be exciting.

That's Sheffield United screwed last season so. Not even a Championship all star team. Brighton relegated back to back as well amongst others. I think we'll out perform several teams from PL last season honestly

All this buy players from the championship and get relegated is bull they are either good enough or they aren’t.

It’s called scouting.

I want Aarons as he seems like a sure thing to me but I’m not going to write this guy off until I’ve seen him play in our team for a while.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Podster said:

I believe that if we are going to do more than have another relegation fight next season we need to do better that bringing in players from lower divisions and then resting our hopes on the possibility they play above themselves, I mean, how much better is he than what we have got. How is a 12 mil player going to hold up against the likes of Man U/City Lpool Chelsea Spurs when he has been used to the likes of  Luton Barnsley, QPR. All the talk about the new owner swanting tho take Villa back to being a top team is not going to happen without bringing in some established class players. If they are going to spend the rumoured 100mil then get 3 players that will make a difference, not 6 who are only there to push what we already have.

I wonder how Grealish, Mings, McGinn etc did well in the PL despite being used to Barnsley and QPR. Was it a miracle? Or is it that if you're good enough, you're good enough?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Podster said:

So where are we supposed to sign our players from?

7 hours ago, hippo said:

All the more joy when we lift the PL in a few years time.

My first match Div 3 - we drew 0-0 with walsall. Ten years later I was at Highbury watching us become league champions.

I'm sure that was a great feeling for you (before my time unfortunately) but it was a different era. It was also the only league title we've won in over 100 years and we've not won it again since. 

I think the best we can hope for nowadays is becoming the next Burnley given the signings we are making. Maybe a slightly more attractive version of them. Thinking we can go and win the title in the next few years, unless we're making actual statement signings, is delusional. Even Wolves who've made much better signings than we have with their owners probably don't envisage winning the PL title in a few years time. I imagine your comment was said tongue in cheek and you don't really believe it. 

6 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I'm sure that was a great feeling for you (before my time unfortunately) but it was a different era. It was also the only league title we've won in over 100 years and we've not won it again since. 

I think the best we can hope for nowadays is becoming the next Burnley given the signings we are making. Maybe a slightly more attractive version of them. Thinking we can go and win the title in the next few years, unless we're making actual statement signings, is delusional. Even Wolves who've made much better signings than we have with their owners probably don't envisage winning the PL title in a few years time. I imagine your comment was said tongue in cheek and you don't really believe it. 

I don't think he was being serious!

Edited by Rolta

19 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yes quite correct - If I'm honest I don't actually believe it.

What I do believe is we are buying a promising player in a position that was problematic for us last season. If he cuts the mustard the £12m fee will seem like a bargain. If he is a total flop his wages won't bankrupt us and we probably recoup 50% of the fee.

• Like 1

Â