Matty Cash

paul514

His highlight reel shows a commited, skilful player, able to pick a pass and comfortable on the ball. He also possesses a good turn of pace, has excellent awareness of those around him and an eye for goal. Oh and he looks decent in the tackle as well. He appears to have a lot of strong attributes. My eyes may be playing tricks, but he does look a touch slight for a defensive player, which could be a downside in the Premier League.

• Like 1

The challenge these days is that PL broadcast money is so lucrative, it has leveled the revenue gap between big clubs (Everton, Villa, Newcastle) and smaller ones (Burnley, Southampton, Brighton),  therefore  there is no pressure to sell players by these clubs unless one of the giants come calling. Thus you are essentially looking at relegated, lower tier and Europe based players.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I wonder how Grealish, Mings, McGinn etc did well in the PL despite being used to Barnsley and QPR. Was it a miracle? Or is it that if you're good enough, you're good enough?

Yes, we had 3 players whe did well, and because we had a bad season there has been speculation that we are in danger of loosing them to other premier clubs, we need to make Villa a club that top quality players want to join and stay, not use us as a stepping stone to clubs who are smaller but more likely to stay in the PL than us, I am fed up of the fact that pundits on tv have refered to us as a selling club for the last few years

Sky are reporting this morning that we have had a £10m bid turned down by Forest. If that's the case, we really are trying the Levy approach! We won't get him for that and if that is the sort of bids we are going to make I can see why we didn't go for Aarons. I hope we can make some realistic bids for the higher priority positions that we need to fill.  

1 hour ago, Nicho said:

So where are we supposed to sign our players from?

If the likes of Wolves, Leicester and brighton can attract big names why cant we, there are plenty of PL clubs that are smaller than us and with less financial backing that are able to get a big name to sign, I dont expet the team to consist of 11 world class players overnight but is it too much to expect a couple of big names. There are some better playes that have gone to China than we have in our team so dont tell me big names will only play for top clubs, most footballers will look ay what they are going to be paid before they look at the colour of the shirt, all i am saying is spend a bit bigger, go for quality not quantity this season. Dont bite my head of for having a view.

1 minute ago, John said:

Sky are reporting this morning that we have had a £10m bid turned down by Forest. If that's the case, we really are trying the Levy approach! We won't get him for that and if that is the sort of bids we are going to make I can see why we didn't go for Aarons. I hope we can make some realistic bids for the higher priority positions that we need to fill.  

Surely it's an opening bid? What is realistic, I'd imagine forests asking price is unrealistic so we need to meet in the middle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John said:

But Percy said last night we've agreed a deal @ £12m.

I like this move. I want more English players in the squad and I think it's a smart move picking up a few of the best championship players. It doesn't mean we should only buy championship players, but say we buy 5-6 players and 2-3 of them are the best of the championship, that's fine by me. 

£ 12 million seems reasonable. Isn't that what we picked up Konsa for? I think that was excellent business. 

In terms of whether we need another right back, well that's difficult. I really thought Guilbert did well. Elmo while I don't rate him did, very much like Taylor, perform when called upon. 

I do wonder if we have plans of using Cash as a right side rotation option though. Seems to me he can easily do a job on the right wing, and that's one place we really need more options. 

I was hoping we would replace Taylor mind. Hopefully we can get in a new body on left back as well. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, John said:

Percy > Sky *spit*

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Podster said:

Yes, we had 3 players whe did well, and because we had a bad season there has been speculation that we are in danger of loosing them to other premier clubs, we need to make Villa a club that top quality players want to join and stay, not use us as a stepping stone to clubs who are smaller but more likely to stay in the PL than us, I am fed up of the fact that pundits on tv have refered to us as a selling club for the last few years

We have been a selling club and to some extent almost all clubs are these days, often due to FFP. However our new owners are trying to change that and we are being transformed into a modern progressive football club. The changes to the recruitment team and coaching at all levels should bring us into this century and reap significant rewards. 

The pundits are lazy and just trot out the same nonsense supporting the status quo. We and the Midlands in general have never been flash or trendy, even when we won the league and European Cup we got virtually zero credit. It’s frustrating but probably will never change. However nobody is particularly bothered when they’re belting out Sweet Caroline in the dressing room, on The Holte, in the pub, in the street, in their lounge.

Stuff ‘em we know who we are and we don’t need ageing has been/never were boring old farts from the BBC etc telling us what to do and how to behave. We’re The Villa and plastic fans are not needed or wanted! UTV!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Surely it's an opening bid? What is realistic, I'd imagine forests asking price is unrealistic so we need to meet in the middle. 

I think I heard they had wanted £15m, Percy had mentioned a £12m bid. Perhaps it is just Sky but £2m, seems to have fallen off our bid overnight.   

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Cash is very versatile. You’ve got cover for several positions if have a lot of injuries. 12m is a fair price.

Don’t think it will be long before he captures the RB shirt, but if not it’ll be because Guilbert has raised his game further. Either works for us. 

• Like 1

We definitely need a right-back, and more so than a left-back, Cash comes in and immediately improves in the first team which is what we need, we've already got our first choice left-back in Targett, so whilst it would be nice to have a better back up option than Taylor improving our resevere left-back is not as important as improving our fiirst choice right-back.

Also as an aside Cash qualifies to play for Poland through his grandparents and has expressed a desire to play for them.

• Like 2

I notice that the majority of the criticism at this transfer is where we're signing him from rather than an in depth knowledge of his ability. 

I don't know enough about the guy to say one way or the other personally, but I'm not going to assume he can't make it as a top premier league player because he's coming from a league below. It's a lazy opinion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Also as an aside Cash qualifies to play for Poland through his grandparents and has expressed a desire to play for them.

He must be on his way to Villa Park then! Jack must have tipped him off, about how hard it currently is, to get picked for your first cap by the wally in the waistcoat! ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, useless said:

We definitely need a right-back, and more so than a left-back, Cash comes in and immediately improves in the first team which is what we need, we've already got our first choice left-back in Targett, so whilst it would be nice to have a better back up option than Taylor improving our resevere left-back is not as important as improving our fiirst choice right-back.

Really.....would that make him Cash cow ski to the locals.

Edited by TRO

Â