Matty Cash

paul514

We had Konsa playing out of position at right back at the end of last season (and so were weaker in central defence as a result).  Not sure why people seem so certain that we didn't need to recruit here.  Maybe not top priority but just because it looks like being the first transfer to complete - it doesn't mean it was the first deal to be planned / put into action by the club (just the easiest?).  I like Freddy so hopefully the competition between them will help them both step up.  I think there are too many people at the club now who know how to run football / sports clubs properly to worry (too much) that we have spent money in one position and so will be short elsewhere.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What a load of nonsense. 

I can see exactly what Smith is trying to do. Young, energetic English players which will form good squad cohesion. Players like Watkins and Cash will run all day and give 110%.

Throw in the flair of Grealish and a couple of other Flair players in the final third and it’s a great mix. 

Its a far cry from spending big money on random African players from the Belgian league. And I like it. 

They're the sort of signings that will see us struggle again next season, imo. 

I don't want us signing random players from the Belgian leagues, but equally I don't believe signing players who have never played higher than Championship level will strengthen us enough to do better than we did last season.

Call it 'nonsense' all you want, this is a fans forum and everyone is entitled to an opinion. We can revisit this later in the season to see who is right. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, useless said:

Southampton, West Ham, and AC Milan all reportedly bid for him in January but he stayed to try and help Forest get promoted. The AC Milan interest is definitely true, as Cash himself as admitted it in an interview. Strange how people are happay for us to spend £25m plus on the likes of Benrahma, and Phillips last season, yet moan about Cash for much less, when he's just as good in position as those are in their positions.

In fairness AC Milan's recent transfer activity has been a little odd, like them trying to land that full back from Wigan.

It feels a little bit like they are trying to do a Dortmund but haven't really got the hang of it yet.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Southampton, West Ham, and AC Milan all reportedly bid for him in January but he stayed to try and help Forest get promoted. The AC Milan interest is definitely true, as Cash himself as admitted it in an interview. Strange how people are happay for us to spend £25m plus on the likes of Benrahma, and Phillips last season, yet moan about Cash for much less, when he's just as good in position as those are in their positions.

To be fair I think about 2 people out of everyone that has posted on this thread have had a moan. Most are happy with this signing. 

You can never please everyone. (Unless you sign Rashica).

• Like 1

Be delighted with this , I said few weeks ago in summer transfer thread that Id like another rightback to save Konsa filling in there, 

Side note guilbert still has potential to improve in his second season and Elmo really has helped us through tough times, it's a long season and all 3 will be needed at times, don't be so quickly to send Elmo to pasture

13 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Exactly how I feel. Ollie Watkins and Matty Cash, not sure how I'm going to contain myself with the excitement 🙄

You'd probably have had the same reaction if we signed Deli Alli from MK Dons or Joe Gomez from Charlton at the time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What a load of nonsense. 

I can see exactly what Smith is trying to do. Young, energetic English players which will form good squad cohesion. Players like Watkins and Cash will run all day and give 110%.

Throw in the flair of Grealish and a couple of other Flair players in the final third and it’s a great mix. 

Its a far cry from spending big money on random African players from the Belgian league. And I like it. 

Neither of us said African players from Belgium league.

These signing aren’t the level we should be looking at.  You can phrase it all you like and try and make it sound good but buying average players who are good in the championship and throwing some manager cliche phrases with it isn’t fooling anybody.  Watkins, Cash and Swift would cost us close to 50m......50 f#@king million.....just a joke!  Going to see if Villa want to buy a bridge off me 😉

• Like 1

Just now, Wezbid said:

You'd probably have had the same reaction if we signed Deli Alli from MK Dons or Joe Gomez from Charlton at the time.

Ohhh boom....mic drop!  Pick a couple of examples that worked from hundreds that didn’t. 😴

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allani said:

We had Konsa playing out of position at right back at the end of last season (and so were weaker in central defence as a result).  Not sure why people seem so certain that we didn't need to recruit here.  Maybe not top priority but just because it looks like being the first transfer to complete - it doesn't mean it was the first deal to be planned / put into action by the club (just the easiest?).  I like Freddy so hopefully the competition between them will help them both step up.  I think there are too many people at the club now who know how to run football / sports clubs properly to worry (too much) that we have spent money in one position and so will be short elsewhere.

True,

Plus when you consider that Elmo is 33, if Guilbert gets another injury then can we really rely on a 33 year old to be playing twice a week? lets not forget its going to be a very compact season. Konsa had to switch to right back even though Elmo was available because of this reason a couple of months ago as well.

I think its a smart move getting a younger fitter right back to compliment Guilbert.

We know we will be signing strikers and wingers as well, so nothing to worry about!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ohhh boom....mic drop!  Pick a couple of examples that worked from hundreds that didn’t. 😴

Vardy, Maddison, Bale, Walcott, there are plenty more. It's just to highlight that whilst it may not be exciting, it can still be an improvement going forward. 

I'm not saying the likes of Watkins or Cash would be a success, just that the general snobbery is no more valid than thinking they might have something to offer in terms of improving us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

True,

Plus when you consider that Elmo is 33, if Guilbert gets another injury then can we really rely on a 33 year old to be playing twice a week? lets not forget its going to be a very compact season. Konsa had to switch to right back even though Elmo was available because of this reason a couple of months ago as well.

I think its a smart move getting a younger fitter right back to compliment Guilbert.

We know we will be signing strikers and wingers as well, so nothing to worry about!

For me Konsa could be first choice RB with Elmo and Guilbert as cover. But nothing against bringing in Cash, I like the look of him.

Â