Matty Cash

paul514

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

In fairness AC Milan's recent transfer activity has been a little odd, like them trying to land that full back from Wigan.

It feels a little bit like they are trying to do a Dortmund but haven't really got the hang of it yet.

Yeah, I heard that they spent heavily on machine learning. Developed neural network to mimic Dortmund’s transfer policy. These targets must have been first iteration.

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

You'd probably have had the same reaction if we signed Deli Alli from MK Dons or Joe Gomez from Charlton at the time.

Not quite in the same way because Dele and Gomez were two teenagers playing in the lower leagues that were clearly destined for the top. That much was evident in that very few players Dele's age (17/18) score that many goals at any level of English football. And very few CBs Gomez's age break into a team at any level with regularity like he did. 

Also they were both signed by established teams as part of their development squad initially. They were not brought in as first teamers from the start but both gradually fought their way in (in Dele's case, very quickly and much quicker than people at Spurs thought). 

Cash and Watkins aren't in the same league as those players. 

Just now, Junxs said:

True,

Plus when you consider that Elmo is 33, if Guilbert gets another injury then can we really rely on a 33 year old to be playing twice a week? lets not forget its going to be a very compact season. Konsa had to switch to right back even though Elmo was available because of this reason a couple of months ago as well.

I think its a smart move getting a younger fitter right back to compliment Guilbert.

We know we will be signing strikers and wingers as well, so nothing to worry about!

Indeed - Guilbert and Cash provide good cover for each other.  Maybe start moving Elmo into more of a player / coach role so that we have experienced cover available in the case of injuries / suspensions?  Gives another year to see if anyone in the U23s steps up to be third string option next season.  I'd like us to do the same on the left - that way our central defenders can just focus on becoming better central defenders.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

For me Konsa could be first choice RB with Elmo and Guilbert as cover. But nothing against bringing in Cash, I like the look of him.

But if Konsa is RB who is playing CB?

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

Vardy, Maddison, Bale, Walcott, there are plenty more. It's just to highlight that whilst it may not be exciting, it can still be an improvement going forward. 

I'm not saying the likes of Watkins or Cash would be a success, just that the general snobbery is no more valid than thinking they might have something to offer in terms of improving us. 

My issue is that we brought quantity and projects last season and even Dean said we need to bring in quality this season.  So we assume there is 100m budget (maybe a bit more), were the names on your list to buy using a material amount of the budget....Watkins, Cash and maybe Swift?   Mine certainly wasn’t and that could be an outlay of 50m.  

Maybe Watkins can offer something to a blunt strike force but that’s not currently hard is it? Still a huge risk for him to be our main striker.  Then is Cash and Swift materially better than what we have......hmmmm.....it’s not an easy yes is it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

God how childish these twitter ppl are, grown up men acting like teenagers.

I think he is a teenager. Legitimately. He's 18 or 19 or something. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I like the sound of having Matt and Matty as our fullbacks.

Yep we’ll continue to get WALKED over!!!

I’ll get my coat 😂

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Neither of us said African players from Belgium league.

These signing aren’t the level we should be looking at.  You can phrase it all you like and try and make it sound good but buying average players who are good in the championship and throwing some manager cliche phrases with it isn’t fooling anybody.  Watkins, Cash and Swift would cost us close to 50m......50 f#@king million.....just a joke!  Going to see if Villa want to buy a bridge off me 😉

I have to say Nick that I'm getting the same vibe about our reported targets as you are. Cash, Watkins and Swift are not kids with potential. They are playing to a decent level in the Championship already but it is a big step up to the Premier League. 

I said it earlier today that if you keep buying Championship players we will end up as Championship team. Now, that may prove to be wrong and these lads, if they all sign, may well make me eat my words - I certainly hope they do. But, I'm concerned by the reports of who we are aiming for, Rashica apart. Even Edouard doesn't convince me tgat he is the answer although he came through a good club in PSG. 

If we are spending £12m on Cash I'd rather we tried for someone like Denzel Dumfries at PSV Eindhoven as he has been in the team of the season for the last two seasons in the Eridivisie and can play both RB and RCB. He wouldn't cost much more than £12m and I'd feel a lot better about him than Cash. 

Maybe Smith wants some players who he has seen lots of first hand? Maybe he thinks they can settle in quicker and have no language barriers? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, allani said:

But if Konsa is RB who is playing CB?

Preferably a new CB of the same class as Mings, I think bringing in a new CB is as high priority as bringing in a new striker. I really like Konsa, but not convinced he is good enough at CB for us to be a top team. At RB I think he could be really good.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, useless said:

Southampton, West Ham, and AC Milan all reportedly bid for him in January but he stayed to try and help Forest get promoted. The AC Milan interest is definitely true, as Cash himself as admitted it in an interview. Strange how people are happay for us to spend £25m plus on the likes of Benrahma, and Phillips last season, yet moan about Cash for much less, when he's just as good in position as those are in their positions.

To be honest I'm not that keen on Benrahma, convinced Douglas Luiz is better than Phillips and would much rather go for Edouard over Watkins. £15mill is also the equivalent for a fullback as £25mill is for a Winger, due to the nature of the position. Personally I think Guilbert backed up by Elmo is fine for another year, whilst we have Samatta and Davis up top and El Ghazi and Trez on the wings. It's easy to get excited about any signing, especially at the moment. It's also acceptable to be a bit more judgmental if you feel like its a signing/position isn't needed/not worth focusing on improving. We won't be signing 10+ players this season, so I can see people's logic.

Â