Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

40 minutes ago, rayk said:

No I think players sign for the £££ because they’re not fans ..... absolutely.

But whilst we’re out of Europe/top 6, give me players who want to make a step up rather than players who think they’re taking a step down.

And at the moment it feels like Raschica is in the latter camp.

I would suspect Jack or any other Villa fan being fortunate enough to play for the club , would  not consider their negotiations being hijacked by being a fan, so they don't get paid as much.

when it comes to signing players, I have always favoured those that we are delighted to get as opposed to them who are delighted to come.....if you get my drift.

I was delighted to get John Carew, not sure if he was as delighted to come at the time......but he did grow to love Villa......That could be said of Paul McGrath too at the time...but he too loves Villa now.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

To be honest the thing I’m most disappointed about is that he rides a push bike.

I’d have hoped he would travel on a motorpike and sidecarp. 

You've been thinking about that for a while haven't you :crylaugh:

I have faith in us selling a vision right now. We obviously are ambitious again with the new ownership.

They said we were to have 3 squads in this process and have delivered everytime by hook or by crook. Have no reason to disbelieve right now. Wasnt it Purslow or Edens who said (in regards to the 3 squads) One for promotion - delivered; one to consolidate in the prem - delivered; one to kick on and get back to being competitive - in progress. 

Until everything goes south, players refusing to play for relegation fodder, etc...then I will continue to believe in the process of the NSWE/Purslow/Smith triumvirate

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, rayk said:

Huh? I guess that was aimed at me.

Everyone was a new guy once.....didn’t realise that the rules on here was that I just had to bow to the established members views.

As for being suspicious, have you read my other posts. Like one 30 mins ago about Villa signing Ben Chrisene from Exeter for our Academy??

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12312545/aston-villa-beat-liverpool-and-chelsea-to-transfer-of-exeter-wonderkid-ben-chrisene-16/

Anything suspicious about that?

Settle down Francis. Just found it odd that you posted 50 times about how Rashica was thinking, in about 2 hours. Excuse the hyperbole. You're perfectly entitled to of course. As I am to say its suspicious.

I dont see how Chrisene is related but O.K 

30 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I have faith in us selling a vision right now. We obviously are ambitious again with the new ownership.

They said we were to have 3 squads in this process and have delivered everytime by hook or by crook. Have no reason to disbelieve right now. Wasnt it Purslow or Edens who said (in regards to the 3 squads) One for promotion - delivered; one to consolidate in the prem - delivered; one to kick on and get back to being competitive - in progress. 

Until everything goes south, players refusing to play for relegation fodder, etc...then I will continue to believe in the process of the NSWE/Purslow/Smith triumvirate

I’d see the 3 squads as:

One for promotion and staying in the prem 1-2 years (I know we nearly signed a whole new squad)

One for consolidation and building 1-2 years 

One for challenging 8th and above 1-2

If you had said to me it would take 6 seasons to go from prem to top 8 I’d say that was fair. 

Slightly counter intuitively we want to to get there quicker as slow growth feels, well, slow. 

This would be a really high level signing. Certainly the highest we can get at the moment.

Clearly with Leipzig after him, he should be going to a Champions League side. The fact it's Leipzig who want him fills me with loads of confidence to be honest. They have unbelievable recruitment.

I reckon we might have a buyout built into the deal. Maybe we'll buy him for £25m and have a £50m buyout clause in there. 

43 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I think the three squads thing was a Xia and Wyness idea.

34 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Now the Bremen fans over on their forum are talking of him staying and how he fits into the team with Tommy Chong!

tommy chong weed GIF by Paramount Movies

They've got a Cheech.

Any signing we make will be waiting to see whether Jack stays or goes. Getting him to sign a new deal should be our first priority. Rashica is probably looking at us thinking if I was to sign for them and they lose grealish then we are going to be in a relegation fight. 

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Any signing we make will be waiting to see whether Jack stays or goes. Getting him to sign a new deal should be our first priority. Rashica is probably looking at us thinking if I was to sign for them and they lose grealish then we are going to be in a relegation fight. 

Maybe.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

So he is married to Shakira, played at the top level of football his whole adult life, is worth tens of million if not in the hundreds now with his wife and even has a big cock.

Life is fair 

Yeah, but I hear he really struggles to write a good fish pun, so he's dead to me. 

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Settle down Francis. Just found it odd that you posted 50 times about how Rashica was thinking, in about 2 hours. Excuse the hyperbole. You're perfectly entitled to of course. As I am to say its suspicious.

I dont see how Chrisene is related but O.K 

Err no, don’t forgive the hyperbole because the hyperbole was the essence of your point re he ‘won’t stfu’. This is my 192nd comment and I have had 101 positive comments so go figure.

The Chrisene link, and the other conversations I’ve had today about Sisto and Gotze should also show I’m not a one trick pony.

• Confused 1