Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

That Birmingham Live article says we’ve had a bid of £22m accepted, but then goes on to mention a release clause of €38m. 

I’m no foreign exchange guru, but €38m equates to £34m, does it not? 

Am I missing something here? 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

That Birmingham Live article says we’ve had a bid of £22m accepted, but then goes on to mention a release clause of €38m. 

Release clause means they have to accept a bid at that figure. They can accept lower if they want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Just because there is that release clause doesn't mean they can't accept a lower bid. I'd imagine we're trying to get the best price possible and they're a bit strapped for cash so an agreement could be done for lower than the release clause.

• Like 1

Forget the £22m bid vs €38m release clause......it sound like he’s waiting on Leipzig and/or another club to express interest in him.

I wouldn’t want him if he really didn’t have any other option but to come here.

obviously that could just be paper talk but I want players who don’t think they’re taking a step down coming to Villa. Their ambition must match ours.

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

According to the Worum, we've included lots of add ons and bonuses which equate to a very good deal for Werder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rayk said:

Forget the £22m bid vs €38m release clause......it sound like he’s waiting on Leipzig and/or another club to express interest in him.

obviously that could just be paper talk but I want players who don’t think they’re taking a step down coming to Villa. Their ambition must match ours.

Surely, if he wants to play in the champions League, then his ambition is matching ours? 

Just now, rayk said:

Surely in "real life", if you have a number of job offers on the table, or pending response from a prospective employer, you would consider them all and make a decision when you have them all in hand? Considering RB Leipzig are in Germany where Rashica is already based, and have CL, that's two pretty big ticks in their favour. Downsides to Leipzig are lower wages (and lower transfer fee so less money for his agent etc)

The things in our favour are likely higher wages, and Premier League football, but we have just survived by the skin of our teeth, similar to Bremen.

All he's doing is waiting to see whether there is a better offer, like most of us would.

• Like 1

yeah, there's no judgement in his waiting. He isn't a villa fan. We've given him an attractive offer - I am slowly coming round to the idea we are actually interested in him - and it's a big decision so he's going to reflect. Coming here means moving countries. We get so used to international transfers all the time, it's easy to forget that's a big thing to undertake too. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Surely in "real life", if you have a number of job offers on the table, or pending response from a prospective employer, you would consider them all and make a decision when you have them all in hand? Considering RB Leipzig are in Germany where Rashica is already based, and have CL, that's two pretty big ticks in their favour. Downsides to Leipzig are lower wages (and lower transfer fee so less money for his agent etc)

The things in our favour are likely higher wages, and Premier League football, but we have just survived by the skin of our teeth, similar to Bremen.

All he's doing is waiting to see whether there is a better offer, like most of us would.

All that said I don’t want Villa to be his sloppy seconds....

12 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Surely, if he wants to play in the champions League, then his ambition is matching ours? 

I meant if he’s thinking he’s taking a step down by coming to Villa vs where he thinks he should be at then it’s not going to end very well.