Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

Just imagine if we were to be linked to a top top quality player from a nailed on source in the next couple of days. Judging by the total obsession with this guy the thread would be 1,241 pages in around 45 mins...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’d love for you to name a few of them because recently I can’t think of any.

I don’t know which successful Villa players arrived initially because of the cash, the same as you don’t know which successful Villa players arrived because (in your words) ‘we’re Villa’, especially as it’s easy to trot out the usual ‘Villa are massive’ statements upon signing. It’s highly unlikely that all successful Villa players fell in just one group.

2 minutes ago, brommy said:

I don’t know which successful Villa players arrived initially because of the cash, the same as you don’t know which successful Villa players arrived because (in your words) ‘we’re Villa’, especially as it’s easy to trot out the usual ‘Villa are massive’ statements upon signing. It’s highly unlikely that all successful Villa players fell in just one group.

The point though is that if we signed players who thought they were better than Villa but just came here for the cash, then psychologically that is a much more difficult place to come from then a player coming to Villa with something to prove because it’s a step up for them.

So i think it’s naive to think those players who thought Villa was a step down but came for the money anyway had the level of professionalism that I’ve only seen in Milner over recent years.

15 minutes ago, skarroki said:

What is the obsession on this thread with pretending to know Rashica's deepest thoughts and motives? Are you all personally connected to the guy or have you been checking his horoscope?

It's basically one new guy who won't Stfu about it. Very suspicious.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

The point though is that if we signed players who thought they were better than Villa but just came here for the cash, then psychologically that is a much more difficult place to come from then a player coming to Villa with something to prove because it’s a step up for them.

So i think it’s naive to think those players who thought Villa was a step down but came for the money anyway had the level of professionalism that I’ve only seen in Milner over recent years.

Possibly more difficult but far from impossible. It’s a romantic notion that many players don’t sign primarily for the value of the contract but that doesn’t prevent some from being good Villa players.

2 minutes ago, brommy said:

Possibly more difficult but far from impossible. It’s a romantically nourishing notion that many players don’t sign primarily for the value of the contract but that doesn’t prevent some from being good Villa players.

FTFY

• Like 2

Apparently he’s good mates with the Hollywood actor  Scott Adkins who has taught him martial arts for flexibility for his football career and the talk went on to Football obviously and Scott explained what a big draw in English football Aston Villa are etc

This will hopefully get it past 100 pages 

3 minutes ago, brommy said:

Possibly more difficult but far from impossible. It’s a romantic notion that many players don’t sign primarily for the value of the contract but that doesn’t prevent some from being good Villa players.

No I think players sign for the £££ because they’re not fans ..... absolutely.

But whilst we’re out of Europe/top 6, give me players who want to make a step up rather than players who think they’re taking a step down.

And at the moment it feels like Raschica is in the latter camp.

Hope we tie this up quickly. Season starts in 3 weeks. Don't want a situation like last season where our good new signings like Luiz take a while to settle because they basically didn't have a preseason. We want Rocket firing from day 1.

12 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

It's basically one new guy who won't Stfu about it. Very suspicious.

Huh? I guess that was aimed at me.

Everyone was a new guy once.....didn’t realise that the rules on here was that I just had to bow to the established members views.

As for being suspicious, have you read my other posts. Like one 30 mins ago about Villa signing Ben Chrisene from Exeter for our Academy??

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12312545/aston-villa-beat-liverpool-and-chelsea-to-transfer-of-exeter-wonderkid-ben-chrisene-16/

Anything suspicious about that?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rayk said:

Terry? Jedinak? Chester? Elphick? Whelan? Adomah? All dropped down a division/level to join us in the championship. Wouldn't doubt their professionalism for a second. 

How professional you are isn't born from the company you've moved from and the money it took to convince you to make the switch. It's a character trait. I'm sure players characters are looked into as closely as possible before moving for them. It's why players like Rooney, Owen, Ronaldinho and Wilshire disappear from the spotlight early in their careers and can't get a move to a well-run club anymore, and players like Lampard are being picked up by Man City in their mid-30s.

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Apparently he’s good mates with the Hollywood actor  Scott Adkins who has taught him martial arts for flexibility for his football career and the talk went on to Football obviously and Scott explained what a big draw in English football Aston Villa are etc

This will hopefully get it past 100 pages 

I think I preferred this thread when it went off topic. Still every chance of this topic going past 100 pages and by then we'll still be guessing whether the fella has even heard of Aston Villa, my guess is this will be an Unsworth-esque signing. He'll realise we're nowhere near London/Manchester/Merseyside and go sign for Southampton! 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rayk said:

No I think players sign for the £££ because they’re not fans ..... absolutely.

But whilst we’re out of Europe/top 6, give me players who want to make a step up rather than players who think they’re taking a step down.

And at the moment it feels like Raschica is in the latter camp.

I’m unsure if there’s anything concrete to base that feeling on and, in any case, it can be soon rectified by a ‘Villa are a massive club that should be playing in Europe’ statement upon signing. Whether it is meaningful at the time may have little affect on how successful his Villa career is. 

4 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Terry? Jedinak? Chester? Elphick? Whelan? Adomah? All dropped down a division/level to join us in the championship. Wouldn't doubt their professionalism for a second. 

How professional you are isn't born from the company you've moved from and the money it took to convince you to make the switch. It's a character trait. I'm sure players characters are looked into as closely as possible before moving for them. It's why players like Rooney, Owen, Ronaldinho and Wilshire disappear from the spotlight early in their careers and can't get a move to a well-run club anymore, and players like Lampard are being picked up by Man City in their mid-30s.

Hang on, most of those players were either at or towards the end of their careers when stepping down is a normal step in a career.

Not at 24.

Yes professionalism is a character trait. No that very often gets overlooked (Zoggy.......) but it’s also tested through experience. Now it’s a good sign Raschica seems to have run through a brick wall like Jack did for us to keep WB up. That is obviously a positive.

But if he rejected us in Jan, and statements are appearing that he doesn’t want to play for Villa / wants to play in the Champions League .....even if he does come and is professional you can guarantee that the first sniff of an Arsenal, Spurs and he’ll be on off in a puff of smoke.

3 minutes ago, brommy said:

I’m unsure if there’s anything concrete to base that feeling on and, in any case, it can be soon rectified by a ‘Villa are a massive club that should be playing in Europe’ statement upon signing. Whether it is meaningful at the time may have little affect on how successful his Villa career is. 

It’s based on some of the press comments coming out and the seemingly prolonged nature of the transfer.

And yes, it may be meaningless or it may be meaningful.

All I’m doing is pointing out a possible danger sign. He a fantastic player who I’d love at Villa .....but what’s wrong pointing out a possible red flag?

1 minute ago, rayk said:

It’s based on some of the press comments coming out and the seemingly prolonged nature of the transfer.

And yes, it may be meaningless or it may be meaningful.

All I’m doing is pointing out a possible danger sign. He a fantastic player who I’d love at Villa .....but what’s wrong pointing out a possible red flag?

Perhaps because speculation around possible red flags have not proven to be accurate any more than a perfect looking signing has guaranteed success?