Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

3 hours ago, rayk said:

He’s 24, not a kid.

I’d love the player if I felt he really wanted to come here.....but based on his rejection back in January and now the comments of not wanting to come to Villa / club ‘like Werder Bremen’, holding out for Leipzig.......I’m starting to have my doubts.

i want players that want to come to Villa because we’re Villa and on the up, not someone who thinks he’s miles too good for us and only coming for the wages.

Where has any of this being said? Your forming an opinion on a player because of rumour and gossip on social media? 

Trump is also a great president you know.  He's doing a great job, truly.  Everyone is saying so. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Just imagine if we were to be linked to a top top quality player from a nailed on source in the next couple of days. Judging by the total obsession with this guy the thread would be 1,241 pages in around 45 mins...

Could get Messi. 

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Where has any of this being said? Your forming an opinion on a player because of rumour and gossip on social media? 

Trump is also a great president you know.  He's doing a great job, truly.  Everyone is saying so. 

Haha sorry but that’s a bit silly, you either make an informed and balanced view of the media or you don’t.

I think I have. If you look back at my posts I was excited as anyone with the link.....he’s a brilliant player... but the longer this has gone on and the more I hear snippets that he doesn’t want to play for a relegation club / wants to Play CL the more I have a few doubts.

Bringing Trump into this conversation is just like me sayIng that you’re saying any news that isnt positive is fake news.

Whats its to be?

Edited by rayk

I really don’t get why fans are concerned about his motivation and desire to play for us. He is 24 years old and a very talented player. Whichever team he joins and whatever the reason are it’s in his interest to continue to perform.  He has a lot of his career ahead of him!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I really don’t get why fans are concerned about his motivation and desire to play for us. He is 24 years old and a very talented player. Whichever team he joins and whatever the reason are it’s in his interest to continue to perform.  He has a lot of his career ahead of him!

But if a player really doesn’t want to come. It’s either:

(a) he does well and at the first sniff of any interest from a club like Spurs or Arsenal and he’s OFF.

(b) he doesn’t care, throws a wobbly at the slightest thing,  takes the money, refuses to play for the club etc etc.

You’ve just got to consider motivation when you sign a player otherwise it really is just FM stuff.

Edited by rayk

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Let’s get real here, if he signs on that dotted line no one on here is going to give a **** about his so called ‘motivation’ anymore. We’ll all be chomping at the bit to see his first appearance in the shirt. 

And hopefully he is amazing.

But if he turns out as a pile of poo in his first few games, his motivation will be immediately questioned. By the media and by fans on social media.

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Let’s get real here, if he signs on that dotted line no one on here is going to give a **** about his so called ‘motivation’ anymore. We’ll all be chomping at the bit to see his first appearance in the shirt. 

law and order crazy shit GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, rayk said:

(a) he does well and at the first sniff of any interest from a club like Spurs or Arsenal and he’s OFF.

(b) he doesn’t care, throws a wobbly at the slightest thing,  takes the money, refuses to play for the club etc etc.

You’ve just got to consider motivation when you sign a player otherwise it really is just FM stuff.

With all due respect mate it’s FM stuff to think the club wouldn’t consider all this before shelling out 20+ million for him.  

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

With all due respect mate it’s FM stuff to think the club wouldn’t consider all this before shelling out 20+ million for him.  

So how did Zoggy happen? How did RMC happen? How did Kalinic happen? Hasn’t Engels supposedly had a strop?

Just saying.

*Edit* And I know you said £20m but it should happen with all players because it costs Jack sh*te to do the due diligence. More often than not it just doesn’t happen......or seems an afterthought.

Edited by rayk

19 minutes ago, rayk said:

A,) we make a profit. Kerching!

B,) he never realises his dream of playing in the champions League. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

So how did Zoggy happen? How did RMC happen? How did Kalinic happen? Hasn’t Engels supposedly had a strop?

Just saying.

*Edit* And I know you said £20m but it should happen with all players because it costs Jack sh*te to do the due diligence. More often than not it just doesn’t happen.

I see where you are coming from but I don’t think you can compare such a highly rated 24 year with a championship striker nearing the end of his career and a player that got a big move after half a good season with Wigan.

If his attitude completely stinks you’d like to think the recruitment team would recognise that. 

8 minutes ago, rayk said:

If he really doesnt want to come and he or his agent has really insinuated as much to AVFC representatives, im pretty sure there would be no making an offer to Bremen and the player. Smith made it clear that character/hunger is a minimum requirement in recruiting players.

We have no idea whats really been said between the parties concerned. We get nothing other than snippets from various sources generally on twitter who 9/10 arent very reliable. Im just glad the structure of the club is looking more professional; tenfold compared to the ownership previous to NSWE. That stability being instilled will begin to look more attractive to players of various levels whether this Rashica fella decides to join or not. Like I say, we could sell the club easily. We have potential to be very good in a few years time. If thats not soon enough for a Kosovan playing at the bottom end of a weaker league then so be it. He could easily join and flop, then we’ll all be moaning and looking to ship him out to whoever will take him so works both ways.

Right, 

Last point on this and then I will stfu on Raschica’s motivation. IF he does sign, he will have my FULL support as he is an amazing player.

But if he starts playing up I’ll be massively disappointed but not entirely suprised.

IF he does t sign them it’ll be because a ‘bigger’ club came in for him OR (after 98 pages of rumour) he was never really interested in the first place.

8 minutes ago, rayk said:

Just saying.

*Edit* And I know you said £20m but it should happen with all players because it costs Jack sh*te to do the due diligence. More often than not it just doesn’t happen......or seems an afterthought.

Different management. We are building a modern system and structure now. Few weeks back I saw a year old job advert to join the analytics team at Aston Villa. Inevitably we'll get the odd signing who has a bad attitude but I'm confident those days are long behind us in the long term.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I see where you are coming from but I don’t think you can compare such a highly rated 24 year with a championship striker nearing the end of his career and a player that got a big move after half a good season with Wigan.

If his attitude completely stinks you’d like to think the recruitment team would recognise that. 

That’s my point, it should be, I hope it happens, but it often seems an afterthought. I mean I think Kalinic hasn’t ever bothered to bring his family over. How was he ever going to settle? Shouldn’t that be part of the discussion?